rF2 GT500 & S397 GT3 @ Autopolis - Fri 05 Feb 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Think I'm more a maybe for Friday now...
Been having a lot of white screen issues when going from track to garage, then going in to settings to adjust the ffb...
It happens more often than not now, only title this is happening on. Anyone else had any issues like this and know what I can try to resolve it? I've googled white screens but the info isn't too good.
I've deleted all folders to do with rFactor 2, uninstalled, reinstalled, unsubscribed from workshop content, uninstalled and reinstalled again...
I think I'm on my 4th reinstall this week...

I think I'm on my 4th reinstall this week...
Does it happen on other tracks aswell? One could hope it was something with this specific track...
If you deleted all folders when uninstalling, the only thing I can think of is the Graphics Card - maybe the driver or a setting in the GPU Control panel?

I had some flashing in the old UI a while back which I was never able to solve... One of those rFactor 2 features i guess :(

Does it happen on other tracks aswell? One could hope it was something with this specific track...
If you deleted all folders when uninstalling, the only thing I can think of is the Graphics Card - maybe the driver or a setting in the GPU Control panel?

I had some flashing in the old UI a while back which I was never able to solve... One of those rFactor 2 features i guess :(
I will be testing it later on tonight, see where I'm at. I've only been testing this new circuit for tomorrow nights' race so I've not tried any other tracks.
The annoying thing is that both ACC and AMS2 don't have any issues whatsoever and running better than they were if anything.

There are so many websites with so many different experiences, reasons and resolutions for the white and/or black screen experience... some are resolved, some appear to still be waiting for some patch to come along.

I've spent some time last night and today making sure all drivers and updates are installed. Had a quick blast with Star Wars Squadrons, which wasn't loading at all for the last week, so maybe something was seriously missing from my fresh install. :redface:
Reason I did the whole reinstall of my system in the first place was due to things not running properly and/or getting corrupted whilst trying to use StoreMi. I have an m.2 drive that I was using with my 2TB mechanical to speed it up and it was working pretty well for a couple of days but then things went downhill, fast.
Tried installing the OS on just the m.2 and that had so many issues I went back to an old Intel SSD for my OS.
So far, (touch wood and cross fingers), it's looking good. Main test is whether or not I can use rF2 for longer than 30 minutes without the dreaded white screen returning...

Sounds like you have tried everything. How about changing to Windowed / Fullscreen / Borderless mode? Or maybe as a test try to set all the graphic options to minimum. It migh be some setting that is messing with you.

I used to mess around with Flightsims, and whenever I got a graphical "issue", the solution was almost always to delete shaders / preference files or setting everything to minimum and then slowly move the graphic sliders to the right.

Really hope all these qwirks with rFactor will get ironed out soon...

Sounds like you have tried everything. How about changing to Windowed / Fullscreen / Borderless mode? Or maybe as a test try to set all the graphic options to minimum. It migh be some setting that is messing with you.

I used to mess around with Flightsims, and whenever I got a graphical "issue", the solution was almost always to delete shaders / preference files or setting everything to minimum and then slowly move the graphic sliders to the right.

Really hope all these qwirks with rFactor will get ironed out soon...
Will test tonight, if the same issues are there I'll definitely give this a go.
I used to have a batch file for the clear Shaders and Cbash, think I saved my desktop so will give that a go too

All very encouraging so far. Sebring, PiR and Imola, all smooth as butter at 120fps and not a white screen in sight. Will reinstall the GT500s and the track tomorrow and then test those too.

Sounds good! :) Hopefully we'll have you in the race for X-minutes until one or more of the small ones wake up ;P

I am in with GT500 please.
Don't know the car and don't remember if I know that track, no time for practice ... that will be fun! :roflmao:

Car is quite easy and nice to drive. The track is... eh. In Japan! :cool:
You're in!

GT500 for me

You're in! :)

Sounds good! :) Hopefully we'll have you in the race for X-minutes until one or more of the small ones wake up ;P

Car is quite easy and nice to drive. The track is... eh. In Japan! :cool:
You're in!

You're in! :)
Track and cars installed for tonight or my time stupid o'clock tomorrow morning... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Tested for half an hour today and no issues. Must have been an update not installed or something weird with one of my drivers etc.
Next time I must be more methodical in my testing... Ha ha, i have no idea what fixed it
Drivers
OS updates
rF2 installed item
I even read that rF2 doesn't really get on with Rivatuner or MSI Afterburner, I'm pretty sure I've had them running at the same time for ever, but maybe it gradually builds up in to a crescendo of white screen concertos?
I disabled these and just limited FPS on ncp instead. Also, totally forgot about maximum performance and stuff for the GPU so that is all running now

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.5%