GT5 GT5 - Updates in Development

Yet again Kaz has been releasing tiny snippets of information on Twitter regarding future updates for GT5. First up there was conformation that another patch is in the works, and also an indication that a DLC is indeed planned:

Kaz Yamauchi said:
Updates coming soon. First bug fixes, feature updates and DLC next.

In the same Tweet he blames PD's recent expansion to Fukuoka for the slow development and lack of seasonal updates.

In a separate Tweet Kaz also confirmed that mid-race saves are still being worked on:

Kaz Yamauchi said:
The save is under development in the middle of endurance race.

Last but not least, there was a third Tweet in which he appears to mention the servers, though whether he means work servers or game servers I have no idea:

Kaz Yamauchi said:
We need to live up to expectations. It's serious. The servers aren't working completely. I can only do my best.

To be quite honest, the one and only thing I really care about at the moment is GT5's online features. I don't play offline anymore so I don't care about bugs, seasonals, and DLCs. I just want to be able to race online trouble free every Thursday and Sunday. I mean, without functional online racing I won't even consider buying whatever DLC they have planned anyway and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Online racing is essentially what makes or breaks a game like GT5, and they need to fix it fast as a main priority.

[Disclaimer: The above Tweets were translated (read: butchered) by me. I do not speak Japanese and used a combination of four different online translators in order to work out what they meant. In other words, they might not be 100% accurate!]

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%