GT5 GT5 Time Trials Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTPromo.jpg

The question of who the fastest drivers are in the GT5 community is soon to be answered! There's no opposition and no excuses here. It's just you and your machine versus the track.

The time trials will be open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The only requirement to take part is that you own a copy of GT5 and abide by the specific restrictions imposed by the TT. Events will run on a variety of tracks but will make use of GT5's borrow feature to ensure that everyone uses the exact same car with the exact same upgrades. The cars will be supplied by yours truly.

The prize given to the winner will vary but may include items such as cars, helmets, suits and paints, or the choice of car/track for a Club racing event. And of course, you'll win the respect of your fellow drivers. :)

Above you can see a little hint of the car and track that will be used for the first TT event. Stay tuned!

It happens to us all Bradley. :) I think that when we see a blue split time appear on the screen, it makes us try too hard to maintain or better it. My best times always seem to come when I least expect them, because that's when I'm relaxed and concentrating solely on driving rather than clock watching.

Bonus Prize!

It seems that maybe people are reluctant to post their times unless it puts them in 1st place. That would explain why there are only three times posted here but at least twenty five new people on my friends list.

To encourage people to post their lap times regardless of how fast they are, I'm adding an extra bonus prize! The prize will be awarded to one of the top ten drivers between 2nd and 10th, picked by a random number generator. This bonus prize will be a feature of all future TTs too.

So get posting! Even if you don't make 1st place there is still a chance to win a prize!

Hi there,
i managed a 1.06.250 within 20 min of practice...with GT Academy like training high 1.04´s seem possible for me but im far from beeing a fast gt driver.

Great track and car combo, i like it:D but i prefer sport hard or comfort soft on cars like the RGT, makes them more entertainig to drive.

Iam sure im gonna do a couple of laps till the 15th.

Edit: i gave it an other try...1.05.784

Great track and car combo, i like it:D but i prefer sport hard or comfort soft on cars like the RGT, makes them more entertainig to drive.

Don't worry, as there will be many car, track and tyre combos in the weeks to come. :)

Ross, as you have now included bonus prices, will the winner of the bonus price also have to send the replay to you?

Yes. The bonus prize winner will be picked at random as soon as the TT ends, and will be asked to submit their replay in the same way as the overall TT winner. I will PM instructions to both when the time comes. Just don't forget to keep saving those replays every time you get a new personal best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%