GT5 GT5 Racing Club - General Discussion

Stuart Pocock

I'M BACK... Again :)
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to do events for GT5 and I'm struggling for ideas on what would get the community on GT5. Are there any suggestions?

sorry for thread typo: it was supposed to say what do you want

I prefer the idea of evenly matched cars and no boost. Ideally we need more people - I am starting to think about the trying public lobby for some more online action but fear the idiots / being an unwelcome guest.

On another topic - lessons learnt from wet race theother day.....

I think qualy started in the rain with about 3% wet. I put on wet tyres :rolleyes: and burnt them out before the end of the out-lap and couldn't even register a time.
I started the race on inters and as the moisture increased switched to wet as the track was >30%.
What are peoples verdicts on the correct tyre choice for wet conditions? that was my first attempt, so it was a bit random.

Hi Gareth.

I think that when it's 0% to 10% or 12% wet you can still use slick tyres but make sure to get out of the pits quickly and do your lap before it gets more wet. For inters I don't really know but I think they're meant for something like 10% to 50%? maybe. I recommend using full wets only for the wet races because the rain usually increases and the track gets more wet.

I did Q with soft slicks and switched to wets in the end to start the race :)

cheers

Hi,
I'm back, it's been a while.

I'll try to join some races, but I can't promise anything.
I never really know when I'm home or when I'm out...
But I'll be browsing the forum more often and see if I can join.
I know it doenst really help you to organise races, but it's the best I can do.

Keep up the good work Stuart, I hope intrest will rise again now GT Academy is over.

Here is an idea for you to think about.. A very realistic rally event.. three laps around a dirt circuit. One driver at a time for added realism :). Then three laps of a snow circuit and finally three laps of a tarmac circuit.. is it a good idea?

It's a great idea. I myself thought that with GT5 track generator you can make new stages, so like in real life you can't practice as much as you want, which adds to realism as well.

Unfortunanlty the track creator doesn't to point to point which makes it a bit more tricky. I'll have a little play with the track creator tonight and see what i come up with

It's a great idea. I myself thought that with GT5 track generator you can make new stages, so like in real life you can't practice as much as you want, which adds to realism as well.
Unfortunanlty the track creator doesn't to point to point which makes it a bit more tricky. I'll have a little play with the track creator tonight and see what i come up with

How about this for a dirt stage:
GT5DirtTrack.jpg
sorry if the picture looks a bit off, i was using my phone :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 220 14.2%