GT5 GT5 Patch Version 1.05 Out Now

Hi all, looks like a nice update.

Here's the official notes, although there are some undocumented changes too.

GT5 Patch 1.05: 608mb

Release Notes:

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

・Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.
In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!

・Online Collector's Dealership
An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars.
You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership]

・Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.
Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

・Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races
The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].
Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].

・Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

・Race Information Display
It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).

・Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].

・User BGM (Menu)
From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).

・Car Name Change
The official name of "Red Bull X1" has been changed to the "Red Bull X2010".

・Integration with the Website
The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the "gran-turismo.com" official website.

[Important Note:]
* We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.

* Some contents of the update will not be applied unless you sign in to the PlayStation®Network when you play the game

Other small fixes/additions which aren't listed:

-Replay rewind function
-All replays now finish at the end of your lap, Not 1-2 sec before hand like they used to.
-Headlights work better
-Mechanical damage offline practice/arcade
-Zonda R sound bug fixed
-New prize cars for AMG challenges
-24hr and 4hr Nürburgring in Practice + Arcade mode
-Adjustable end of race duration added to online

about time some of these things were fixed, not that they should have been needed to be fixed should have been there from the start...
Dont know about some of you but doing an endurance race say the first one lvl 25 taking 1 hr 40 mins, and only getting 130 odd thousand credits what the hell i can do a 3 min 40 sec race in extreme and get 98 thousand credits... not to hard to decide on what all of us will do repeatedly

The creds/min ration on Grand Valley 300 may be low but at 113k Xp It makes getting the next levels a heck of a lot easier.
When I have completed all the races I will be posting a copy of the spreadsheet Ive compiled listing each race and its XP/Min and Cred/Min ratios.

Very nice update. If they keep adding stuff like this I may have to think again my rating for this game. The online events is really nice update. Too bad my nissan gtr academy version doesn't work for the nissan gtr race...(?)

I'd wish though they added more a-spec races and special events. Compared to forza3 this has maybe just a fraction of race content. I'm level 27 or so atm. and I've already done all the special events and the a-spec races and couple of endu races. All I haven't drone is the formula gt (and the redbull thingy). In forza I barely had done 25% of the events when I had played the same amount...

The creds/min ration on Grand Valley 300 may be low but at 113k Xp It makes getting the next levels a heck of a lot easier.
When I have completed all the races I will be posting a copy of the spreadsheet Ive compiled listing each race and its XP/Min and Cred/Min ratios.

Can you tell what races give best exp/hour ratio so far? :)

well that only gives you 4440 exp so a ratio of around 1110 a minute roughly depends on how fast you do the race I guess you can do others which are double the race length and only give slightly higher exp, but its small and the credit reward is alot lower.. all in extreme level..

but honestly do the special events and higher license tests and do your best to get gold huge exp rewards and credits, and the special events really boost your A spec levels along providing you get golds that is, some of them just take a little bit of practice and you'll nail it in the end,

i'm only half way to level 27 as i also play alot of the bspec races aswell migranes doesn't mean i cant be playing the game just dont need sound on when its bspec lol

Really enjoying the seasonal events that come with this, much more challenging/fun than the non restricted races, still enough freedom to be able to tune your car, but within restrictions. If anything i wish they increased EXP levels, having to grind races over and over just to be able to go to the next is bad, a long endurance race that lasts hours and hours is granting me around 1/4 of a level, very annoying in B-Spec mode.

Can you tell what races give best exp/hour ratio so far? :)

The Grand Valley so far is the best Ive recorded at 895 XP per minute of Tracktime, the other closest one is about 750 Nurburgring in the German Touring Cars but that is not counting loadtimes so for the 2hrs spent doing one race you would get more xp than spending 2hrs jumping in and out of a shorter race. Note also that the times I will be posting will be using and equivalent to competition car, thus the GV300 took me 2 Hrs 10 mins and I still finished 2.5 laps ahead of second place but if you go in with a overpowered car and totally blitz the race you would yeild a greater XP/Min ratio.

The loading times aren't really an issue anymore if you plan to grind more than few races. In 1.05 you can just click the race button after you have finished the race to race again. The american indy race took about 5 minutes before with the loading times but now you can do it in 4 minutes for example.

For the endurance races I think the loading times are pretty much meaningless anyways :)

I did the Grand Valley 300k in a 265bhp Honda Integra, absolutely slaughtered the competition by a few laps, seems they are litterally cruising around, didnt find the prize to be much exciting nor the experience though for just over 2hours. Best experience comes from the special events, sadly they aren't repeatable. Getting gold for a Sebastian Vettel challenge will grant you a level. For B-spec bob i was doing the Indy 500, then swapped to Nurburgring 4h for a change, the grinding at that point of the game is a bit over the top, only done the GV300 in A-Spec though and i am lvl33, special events make a huge difference.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back