GT5 GT5 Leagues - General Discussion

As I have mentioned a couple of times recently, a new official RD league for GT5 has been on the cards for a while now. With the Racing Club being handed over to the community it means that the league would be my primary focus. However, before I go to the effort of getting something like this organised, I would like to know how much interest there is within the community.

The cars / tracks the league will use will be stock content, so you will not need any DLCs. The exact dates it will run have yet to be decided, though I am looking at a start of early next year (Jan/Feb). Rounds will be run once per week at the usual time (20:00 GMT), probably on the weekends. They would involve both a practice and dedicated qualifying session, which means people will be expected to follow the rules to the letter. (If they don't, the qualifying session will not work.)

All licenced members will be welcome regardless of their experience and driving ability. However, it should be noted that there will be limited places available due to GT5's relatively small lobbies. Registration will likely be done on a first come, first served basis, though previous participation in other RD leagues may be taken into account. (eg, if your attendance was bad or you were given a lot of penalties in other leagues, you may not be accepted in the GT5 league.)

At this stage all I am looking for is how many people would be interested. If you are then please make sure you post here, because I cannot read minds! The number of people that reply to this thread will determine whether or not the league goes ahead.

Thanks guys and gals.

A photographer managed to sneak into RaceDepartment's top secret testing facility. He was quickly spotted but managed to fire off a few snaps as he was bundled away by security. Unfortunately the car being tested wasn't clear...

Mystery%2525201.jpg
Mystery%2525202.jpg

Mystery%2525203.jpg
Mystery%2525204.jpg

Since pretty much everything is now in place, it looks like it may in fact be a mid-January start. That would give 4-5 weeks for promotion and registration, which I think is more than enough.

I am looking to join a sunday league, i have raced in a few leagues before and even hosted some and loved every minute of it. With my work im finding week races hard to do.

So im wondering if there is any Sunday late afternoon, early evening or night races taking place.
I prefer all assists off.. well maybe ABS on and would like to offer myself as a clean driver.

Would love to take part in a GT500 League, Touring Car or Hot Hatch ?? im open minded and look forward to your reply.

KT

There is only 1 GT5 League at the moment. It is a Corvette ZR1 League on Sunday Evenings. The registration for that league is closed though so I don't think it's possible for you to join that league. If you want to know more details about the GT5 League, then go here : http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/gt5-leagues.114/

If Season 1 goes to plan, I am guessing that a Season 2 will occur. That season might include different cars.

The current championship starts a couple of hours from now and runs for the next five weeks. There will of course be a short interval afterwards before the next championship begins.

Edit: Please check you PMs.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing