GT5 GT5 demo coming December 17

Maybe it's just me, but I think the sense of speed is completely non-existent. The cars feel well weighted on the road, and the physics are good, but at first I was hitting every corner with massive understeer becuase apparently I was going a lot faster than it looked. After playing NFS Shift it seems like I'm crawling around the track in the GT Academy demo. I also feel there's a wee bit too much understeer, the sound is only average and the tire screeching is still too prominent and not being able to take off assists with the gamepad sucks. But I think the way the car really feels connected with the road is quite good. So overall I'm looking forward the game still, but nothing out of the demo got me more interested.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the sense of speed is completely non-existent. The cars feel well weighted on the road, and the physics are good, but at first I was hitting every corner with massive understeer becuase apparently I was going a lot faster than it looked. After playing NFS Shift it seems like I'm crawling around the track in the GT Academy demo.

NFS Shift does the speed effect in a very gamey way. I can understand what they are trying to do but its waay over done. My vision does not impair so badly that I can't even read the speedometer when travelling over 100mph.

I love the physics in this game, both cars are so unforgiving at the limit its incredibly frustrating, tense and rewarding all at the same time. Im trying to stay in the top 5 in Canada so far so good, maybe I'll make a push for the top spot with some luck and lots of grinding out laps.

top 100 uk now, well as of a couple of days ago.

Interestingly enough, I also have a permanent Swiss address and so have entered the Swiss compitition. My current standing is 24th. I'm confident I can make the National Finals for Switzerland, I need to find 0.4 of a second in both cars to put me in a comfortable 17th place in Switzerland...

Wish me luck

UK PSN: Neenor
CH PSN: expatRogo

Nice one Chris
I've pretty much given up on getting anywhere near the top 20.
Those guys are about 3.5 seconds in front of me.
Don't know how they do it to be honest.
Guess it's back to work on Monday...

Keep us posted on your progress.

I wonder if the finals demo (SPA) will be available to all?
Or just the elite.

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%