Not open for further replies.

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
GT4wet.jpg

How to join the event
1. You will need to be a premium member on RaceDepartment.com
2. You need to be added to the RD community on Simracing.GP (send myself or Ricoow a private message with your email address)
3. Click Here to sign up for the event

We usually have a few events up. Head over to our simracing.GP page to see all of our events Here

Need Help?
Not sure about Simracing.GP, RaceDepartment Premium and how it all works?
Ping myself or Ricoow a message and we'll be happy to help get you signed up.

Event Details
Event start time: 18:30 UTC | 19:30BST | 20.30 CEST
In game race start time: 17:00
Format: Practice 45 minutes | Qualification 15 minutes | Race 30 minutes
Weather forecast: Strong possibility of rain.

Useful links
RaceDepartment Club Regulations
RaceDepartment Discord

See you on track!

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be sitting this one out, I'm going back to work Wednesday 26th after a 13 day holiday so I'll probably be knackered when I get home. The combination of fatigue and not knowing Oulton too well could spell disaster, and I don't want to ruin anybody's race...

Sorry to ask, but how to simulate about the forecast weather condition in ACC, in order to practise ??
I mean, what are the parameters to enter in custom weather .
Because all is in % into the game parameter.
thanks

The weather in ACC is very difficult to setup to match exactly what it will be like in the race because, as you say, it's all percentages and even then conditions can change.

The server is set to "rain". I believe in the options there is light rain, rain and storm?

I'd just set it to the rain option. If you have time I'd get a dry setup done first just in case the rain doesn't materialise.
Screenshot_20210522-081219~2.png

Last edited:
Tanks a lot. Perfect answer.
Regarding setup, i make it easy. It will be agressive setup dry and wet setup.
I don't have time to make my own setup, but i will surely practise both of them.

I had half an hour earlier to play about and this track is awesome fun in the wet. For anyone that hasn't raced much in the wet I've found a few things:

• Don't crank up the TC and ABS to really high settings. This just gives you understeer everywhere. 4 and 5 were good for me.
  • Apex kerbs are generally ok but avoid exit kerbs. If you do end up going wide come off the throttle a bit and straighten up as much as you can until you are back on the black stuff.
  • Aim for 30PSI for your tyres when hot.
  • Play around with different lines, it's surprising how much grip there is off line under braking.
If you are totally new to GT4 I'd recommend having a go in the Ginetta as this has a good front end and in the wet likes to kick out a touch of power on oversteer which can actually help get you around the corner.

If you are totally new to GT4 I'd recommend having a go in the Ginetta as this has a good front end and in the wet likes to kick out a touch of power on oversteer which can actually help get you around the corner.
Thanks for that. I never drove a race on Oulton Park, never in a GT4 and never in rain. I will practice though till thursday and def not be in the way for anyone I hope :whistling:

For me it feels a bit odd to sit "on the wrong side" in the Ginetta. But as you recommend it, I will try it.
I read what you put about the rain. Can you say anything about Air/Track temp?

Thanks for that. I never drove a race on Oulton Park, never in a GT4 and never in rain. I will practice though till thursday and def not be in the way for anyone I hope :whistling:

For me it feels a bit odd to sit "on the wrong side" in the Ginetta. But as you recommend it, I will try it.
I read what you put about the rain. Can you say anything about Air/Track temp?
Cool, hope you like it! I think by default the air temp is around 22 but can change depending on the weather a bit.

I'll definitely have to skip this one unfortunately :( I only just came home from work and the Missus invited friends over for dinner, so I have to be on my best social behaviour...

Have a good race everybody !

And another win for @SwannyUK I see, congrats ! And Djeez, the one race I have to forfeit and @Ricoow actually shows up.... ;)
Only because when I went off the track twice I luckily kept facing the same way. Ricoow wasn't so lucky and spun, be had the lead for most of the race.

Tricky conditions but enjoyed it and we had a laugh on discord too. I'll probably chat on discord for practice and between sessions but mute it during the race, turns out I can't talk and keep it on the track :roflmao:

It has been indeed a nice event.
Very happy with the enjoying battles at all stages.
I made some mistakes of course, but very happy with my qualification and race.
I have the feeling that i am improving my driving recently. Good feeling !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%