ACC GT4 Sprint Series | Weekly Events with Assetto Corsa Competizione

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies to Gill for that. My missus decided to tell me something completely irrelevant and pointless... I missed my braking zone and completely ###### up the corner and the recovery. I'm absolutely fuming...

You actually pay attention to the Missus when you're racing ? :p

Mine thinks simracing is an immature waste of time and that I look ridiculous with my VR headset stuck to my face, so she just lets me be...and takes it out on me afterwards. We get along that way :roflmao:

Good race last night, I had no practice last night and only got one clean lap in qualifying, so it was a few laps into the race before I settled down.

Is there any issue changing cars mid series? I might change from the ginetta to something different, just for a change.

I fully take the blame for our little get-together Amrik @shadow_boxer85. I had a look at the replay and I was nowhere near the apex and you had your nose in front, I should have just let you go...sorry mate :( You were a true gentleman in giving the place back, but you really shouldn't have. I hesitated to take it back as I thought I was to blame, but as you were clearly yielding, I went for it.
I had a really hard time keeping the car on track all through the race: I didn't find the time to practice with the 570S and it clearly showed. The rear kept stepping out on me on every downshift to 2nd gear, even though the diff preload was set to 0Nm...I was fighting the car on every single slow(er)corner entry...at least it gave me a good physical exercise :rolleyes:
No worries mate. At the time I did wonder if I had turned in on you so gave up the position. Was a nice battle for a few laps though. Yep. The 570S wasn't easy with that downshift. I found that dropping to second slightly earlier than usual and using more engine braking earlier in the turn helped as the car was naturally straighter. I could see you had your hands full with it!
Apologies to Gill for that. My missus decided to tell me something completely irrelevant and pointless... I missed my braking zone and completely ###### up the corner and the recovery. I'm absolutely fuming and apologies if it messed up your race.

On a side note I think backmarkers need to really think about where they should pull over. I nearly smacked into F Davis as he nearly stopped mid corner, had plenty of opportunities to .ove beforehand....

Anyway. Sorry again.
No worries. Again was looking like it was being set up for good battle. Was a close qualy too! Pleased with a PB and nearly getting into the 1:32's.

Last edited:
Good race last night, I had no practice last night and only got one clean lap in qualifying, so it was a few laps into the race before I settled down.

Is there any issue changing cars mid series? I might change from the ginetta to something different, just for a change.
Not at all, use any car you like :thumbsup:

For all future series events (and any remaining ones you haven't signed up for yet) you'll be prompted for a password to register. The password is in the premium section here

Our RD simracing.gp community is being opened up to all on the simracing.gp site. We'll be putting up public events that everyone can join but I want to ensure the quality of our series events stays high so only premium members will know the password to register.

Update - due to numbers dropping like flies for tonight's race I've opened it up to all RD community members on simracing.gp to see if that helps. This means the server password has changed from our usual premium one - check the event page for the new pass.

I hate to drop the news on you Chris, but I'll have to pass as well for tonight, sorry :( Work's been bat-$h!t crazy so far this week...I only just got home now and I'm exhausted, in no condition to race properly. Hope you guys will have some fun with the -very- limited grid anyways. Catch y'all on the next one !

NP at all Sascha, i think Ian and his speedy Aston were still signed up last I looked so I'll have someone to race.

4 of us last night, luckily Ian and I had a cracking race. I really struggle with the GT4 tyres though. The pressure either goes too high or too low. First half of the race I was pushing him and almost got past but second half my pressures went right down and he pulled 5 seconds on me in 7 minutes.

I'm going to be trying a different car I think.

On a side note - I've opened up the GT4 and GT3 series to all to keep them alive.

Last edited:
Amazing race to finish off the 1st GT4 series. We had a 3 way battle for the lead all race with my little Ginetta just holding off the Aston and BMW monsters!

Congrats to Ian for the series win and thanks all for making this such a great season. Series 2 is up and ready to join, see you there!

Great race again last night. Thanks Chris for organising as always. Really pleased with getting more consistent the last couple of races. You three at the front were just unbelievably fast and looked like a great three way battle! I'll be sticking with the GT4s for series 2.

Great race again last night. Thanks Chris for organising as always. Really pleased with getting more consistent the last couple of races. You three at the front were just unbelievably fast and looked like a great three way battle! I'll be sticking with the GT4s for series 2.
Cheers dude. I think my lap times / consistency have got a lot better since A. Moving over to load cell pedals and CSL Elite wheel base B. Upgrading to a 49" ultra wide screen.

Braking is much more consistent along with more "feel" for what the car is doing and being able to drive with a better FOV and see into the apexes helps hugely. For reference I went from a G27 and a 28" monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%