ACC GT4 Sprint Series | Weekly Events with Assetto Corsa Competizione

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I didn't see that one, just the coming together at the exit of T1.

I think he said he was going to see what was causing it for the next one.

Last edited:
Ah ok, that would explain it. Glad you could make it Sascha, I'm loving that all the hard work paid off and we now have a good group of regulars and new people turning up each week :thumbsup:

Yeah, it was quite a good turnout tonight, the GT4 races seem to draw in bigger crowds. I must say, I'm beginning to prefer them to the GT3's, the cars are just so lively and the FFB feel is excellent. Less aero, more mechanical grip (or lack thereof ;) ): I'm loving it ! It suits my driving style way better, being sideways half of the time :D
And I forgot what a great track Oulton is, last time I raced it must have been in the days of ToCa 2.

Not sure if it was ping related but I did see it jumping around on subseqent laps

I wouldn't know for sure either, I'm just going off what I witnessed during practice. The shunt had already happened when I was rounding the corner right behind Shaun, so I didn't see the start of it. Luckily we both managed to avoid the aftermath.
Maybe it was another issue with his system ? I think I saw him mention in the chat before the race that his VR headset intermittently went grey ? Not ideal either...
Or maybe it was just a heat of the moment, over-optimistic move ? Only he can clear this up I guess.

It's unfortunate of course when you're on the receiving end, hey: I've done it too you once before as well, unintentionally. Hope you have better luck next time !

A few of you said I was warping over the track, it was a bit strange as everything looked OK on my side and my ping seemed OK, but I did see it spiking a few times.

Whatever the issue was it resulted in me getting spun out after the chicane on lap one, which was a shame. On my replay it showed the car behind me lagging an drifting me, but it may well have been my connection.

I will double check the connection next week before I sign on, hopefully a router restart will sort it out.

I was involved in another incident on lap one, on corner four, the fast corner before the hairpin. Looking at the replay that was my fault, I thought I left enough room, but I can see I turned across the track and collected the other car. Not sure who that was, but my apologies.

Hopefully next week goes a little better!

A few of you said I was warping over the track, it was a bit strange as everything looked OK on my side and my ping seemed OK, but I did see it spiking a few times...
I will double check the connection next week before I sign on, hopefully a router restart will sort it out.

What type of connection are you on and how does your ISP attribute IP(v4) addresses ? Just asking because I switched from VDSL to fibre optic internet a few months back, and got disco'd from a couple of online races with stable pings below 30 after making the switch.
I then found out my ISP started sharing single IPv4 adresses between 4 subscribers, effectively only attributing 1/4 of the available ports to each subscriber. I requested a unique IP address with all ports available and haven't had any problem since. And I also put my gaming PC in my router's DMZ.

Hopefully next week goes a little better!

Hope you get it sorted out, good luck !

On a side note, let me share my favourite moment of the race with you: Crew Chief Jim Britton coming on the radio, telling me "this is pretty $h!t, make it less $h!t". All while driving my a$$ off, chasing down P3... I nearly pee'd myself :roflmao:

Last edited:
I just had a look at the replay and realised only now that I was involved in an incident with one of the Astons (driven by Nico Bonnefon, I think) on the opening lap coming out of T1. At the time I felt and heard the bump, but thought nothing of it as I wasn't spun out, didn't get loose and saw nothing in my rearview mirror.
What happened: I ran wide over the outer curb but kept 2 wheels on the black stuff, and moved over just a little to the right (because CC was telling me "car on the right") to avoid running over the grass on corner exit. At the same time, the Aston (which was well to my right and behind mid-corner) starts opening it's steering, hits me me on the side and spins out. I had my nose just in front at the moment of impact.

I'm not entirely sure, but I'd say "racing incident": I really had nowhere to go, but I guess the Aston was following it's racing line (even though there was plenty of room on it's right side).

Nico, should you read this: apologies, I wasn't aware of the incident during the race or I would have discussed it with you in the chat afterwards. Too bad this happened.

Last edited:
What type of connection are you on and how does your ISP attribute IP(v4) addresses ? Just asking because I switched from VDSL to fibre optic internet a few months back, and got disco'd from a couple of online races with stable pings below 30 after making the switch.
I then found out my ISP started sharing single IPv4 adresses between 4 subscribers, effectively only attributing 1/4 of the available ports to each subscriber. I requested a unique IP address with all ports available and haven't had any problem since. And I also put my gaming PC in my router's DMZ.

Hope you get it sorted out, good luck !
I'm on Sky VDSL, I'm not aware of any IP sharing going on. I think it was simply a matter of other people in my house choosing that moment to steal the Limited bandwidth, I will make sure theyow better next week for brands hatch.

Looks like a great entry list for tomorrow's race at Brands Hatch. I'm anticipating another close race with Ian and his mighty Aston who always seems to be wanting the same bit of race track as me :D

Anyone else building up regular battles with others?

Haha to be honest i have no idea how i'll be as I've had no practice at all. I'll probably do what I usually do, which is figure it out tomorrow evening during practice.

Haha to be honest i have no idea how i'll be as I've had no practice at all. I'll probably do what I usually do, which is figure it out tomorrow evening during practice.

Same here, I'll be winging it too during practice. I know the track by now, but it'll be a matter of getting a feel for the car and getting the tyre pressures more or less in operating range.
If I can make it to the race, that is. Really hope so 'cos it's looking like a good grid again :)

Apologies to Gill for that. My missus decided to tell me something completely irrelevant and pointless... I missed my braking zone and completely ###### up the corner and the recovery. I'm absolutely fuming and apologies if it messed up your race.

On a side note I think backmarkers need to really think about where they should pull over. I nearly smacked into F Davis as he nearly stopped mid corner, had plenty of opportunities to .ove beforehand....

Anyway. Sorry again.

1.jpg

Another cracking race from the GT4 brigade, thanks for making this a great series all!

Ian was an absolute rocket in the Aston again tonight, we were nearly side by side going through Paddock and side by side leading up to druids where I tried to brave it around the outside but couldn't quite make it stick. After pushing so hard to try and keep the pressure on for the first few laps Ian started to use the straight line advantage and pull away whilst Felix was always threatening in 3rd.

Apologies to Gill for that. My missus decided to tell me something completely irrelevant and pointless... I missed my braking zone and completely ###### up the corner and the recovery. I'm absolutely fuming and apologies if it messed up your race.

On a side note I think backmarkers need to really think about where they should pull over. I nearly smacked into F Davis as he nearly stopped mid corner, had plenty of opportunities to .ove beforehand....

Anyway. Sorry again.
That's a massive shame fella. I would agree that if you receive blue flags and you have the opportunity to move over somewhere nice and safe that would be great. I've had a few close shaves the last few times out with the same thing.

I fully take the blame for our little get-together Amrik @shadow_boxer85. I had a look at the replay and I was nowhere near the apex and you had your nose in front, I should have just let you go...sorry mate :( You were a true gentleman in giving the place back, but you really shouldn't have. I hesitated to take it back as I thought I was to blame, but as you were clearly yielding, I went for it.
I had a really hard time keeping the car on track all through the race: I didn't find the time to practice with the 570S and it clearly showed. The rear kept stepping out on me on every downshift to 2nd gear, even though the diff preload was set to 0Nm...I was fighting the car on every single slow(er)corner entry...at least it gave me a good physical exercise :rolleyes:

Maybe it was just an unlucky moment ? I lapped him twice, and he yielded just fine for a safe overtake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%