ACC GT4 Sprint Series | Weekly Events with Assetto Corsa Competizione

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the first race at Donington next week. I know 1 or two can't make the first race but hoping you can all make a few over the coming weeks

2 copy.jpg

Great race tonight all, thanks for coming :thumbsup:

I was the only Merc on the grid....do you boys know something I don't? lol

Quali went well, I was chuffed with P2 after seeing the pace out there today. I was in a great battle over the first few laps for the top 5 or 6 positions and I thought about trying to line Ian up but his pace once the tyres were up to pressure was fantastic. I pushed like mad but couldn't keep up, getting a bit out of shape putting the power down too quick etc so decided to try and maintain the gap to P3.

Congrats on the win Ian.

I'm off for a lie down....

Last edited:
Great racing tonight... slightly annoyed with myself, 5 mins from the end I accidenly pressed the ignition button and turned off my engine. Took me a few seconds to realise what I did! Think I dropped from 8th to 11th.

Last edited:
Great race tonight lads. Gents as always :thumbsup: Some good battles with at least 5 different cars.
It was my first time trying the gt4s. The ginetta was great fun to drive. Lightweight and the revvy engine was responsive to the throttle.

Thanks for organising chris :)

I always have a soft spot for people that come to race and still give it a go even though they are 4-5+ seconds off the pace. Hats off to them, I hope they continue to join us and keep getting involved.

Nothing better than seeing someone improve their pace by practicing and taking part.

Great race tonight all! Got a little bump on lap 1 which got me out of shape and caused to me drop back to 10th. Managed to fight back and get up to 5th and capitalise on a few mistakes. Was really struggling by the end with the Aston, another few corners and Stewart would easily have had me! Didn't have the pace of the front runners but pleased with my 1st ever race a Donington.

Last edited:
Oulton park next and with quite a few of us noticing pressure loss with heavy kerb usage I had a quick go last night. Did 5 laps, set pressure and went back out. Average kerb use and got the dreaded "you've got pressure loss"

Reminds me of the BTCC at Thruxton where most drivers try to avoid the kerbs on the last chicane until a few laps in.

I don't think it's going to be a very strong track for my Merc. Too many technical sections to drag that lump of an engine around.

Untitled-1.jpg

That was a tough one! I'm not sure about anyone else but I got pressure loss in both left tyres half way through so had to be careful, there are some savage kerbs here.

Great race all and thanks to the two guys Ian and I came across towards the end who let us through :thumbsup:

I did spot a massive shunt on the first lap mid pack on the exit of T1. Looked to be a "racing incident" but have both guys got the radar on? It seemed like something that could have been avoided with it on?

Yeah that was class again. It's hands down the best / fairest set of races in ACC.

Sascha was lurking behind me and was a constant threat.

I did get lost of pressure loss on the left about 3/4 through the race. I don't think I've had one race where I'm happy with the psi..

Good racing as always. Thanks as ever.

I'm really glad I could make it after all tonight, even if it was pretty last minute and without much preparation.
I had Shaun in my sights for the entire race, but just couldn't get close enough for a pass. Great driving Shaun, I could see you pushing really hard.

That T1 incident might have been caused by a bad connection of the Porsche driver, Stewart Calder ? Saw him warping all over the place during practice, even though his ping (68) was not unreasonably high.

And I suffered from low tyre pressures as well, even though I set them up to 27.5-28 hot beforehand. The rears were OK'ish, but my fronts were only at 26.5 for most of the race :O_o:

Anyways, I'm happy with P4 and dipping into the 1.43's during the race. Great racing as always guys ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
T1 incident might have been caused by a bad connection of the Porsche driver, Stewart Calder ? Saw him warping all over the place during practice, even though his ping (68) was not unreasonably high.
Ah ok, that would explain it. Glad you could make it Sascha, I'm loving that all the hard work paid off and we now have a good group of regulars and new people turning up each week :thumbsup:

Yeah was the Blue Cayman, think it was Stewart, went shooting up the inside of me into the Shell hairpin. I've got radar on but nothing I can do about it and span me out. Not sure if it was ping related but I did see it jumping around on subseqent laps

Race over more or less for both of us. Managed to fight back and get back upto 7th with some reasonable pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%