ACC GT4 Sprint @ Donington - Thursday 20th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, what was up with all the text chatting during qualifying ? It was quite hard to stay focussed actually, especially in right hand corners 'cos the chat window pops up in my headset right where I'd be looking into the apex...just saying.
That's my bad, I didn't even realise quali had started and was replying to suggestions for the club etc. I've got chat turned off when driving so I forget others might have it on.

Radio silence from me for future quali and races

No worries guys, I learned to ignore it towards the end but it would be nice to have radio silence next time, especially for noobs like me :D thanks for understanding !

EDIT: I didn't know you could turn the chat function off ? I'll just do that next time, can't use it in VR anyway.

Last edited:
No worries guys, I learned to ignore it towards the end but it would be nice to have radio silence next time, especially for noobs like me :D thanks for understanding !

EDIT: I didn't know you could turn the chat function off ? I'll just do that next time, can't use it in VR anyway.
It's buried in the options somewhere, can't think exactly where.

Funny you should say that, my tyre pressures were noticeably lower in the race. I think the temps dropped between quali and the race.

The weather is set to very low variable but maybe we should try static for the GT4 cars where tyre temps and pressure are a bit harder to keep in the window?

No, variable weather adds to the realism of it all and provides a challenge to adapt to changing situations.
My issue had to be something else I think, it's like reloading my setup messed it up completely. At one point the McLaren in front of me had a moment coming out of T1 so I went for the overtake on the outside of T2 heading towards Craner, and in a split second I lost all front AND rear grip at the same time, I had no choice but to let the car roll on straight through the grass to the bottom at the hairpin. Weird, just weird...

And here is where it gets really weird: I just had a look at the results and apparently I set my fastest lap (1.37.056) of the "weekend" during the race :O_o: while the whole time I felt like I was seconds off my pace 'cos I didn't trust the car at all. Maybe it was just me driving poorly after all ? Maybe I'm just really tired and need some sleep :roflmao:
Anyways, I'll leave it at this and just be happy with my podium finish.

If you are joining the GT4 races this is one of the liveries I'll be using if you want to download it and see it on track :thumbsup:

Now that I think of it: I didn't download this skin prior to the race but it showed up on your car just fine for me. Does this mean that custom skins are now fully supported in ACC ?

Now that I think of it: I didn't download this skin prior to the race but it showed up on your car just fine for me. Does this mean that custom skins are now fully supported in ACC ?
It might be down to the way that I make my skins. I choose the colour scheme in ACC then the template I do is just sponsors, no car colours.

You'll probably find that the colours are fine but the sponsors are missing.

Same for the Bentley, did it look green and gold to you at Silverstone?

This method might avoid the issues Ricoow mentioned regarding customs skins. You are seeing my custom paint livery created in game so doesn't cause any issues. You just don't see my sponsors.

Last edited:
It might be down to the way that I make my skins. I choose the colour scheme in ACC then the template I do is just sponsors, no car colours.

You'll probably find that the colours are fine but the sponsors are missing.

I don't know the first thing about creating skins in any sim, but your explanation sounds plausible.

Same for the Bentley, did it look green and gold to you at Silverstone?

I wouldn't know actually: I couldn't see you from my pit box and I was definitely too far off front row to see it during the race :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%