ACC GT4 Sprint @ Donington - Thursday 20th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with the Alpine, with the stock aggressive setup and just changed the brake balance, seems good but i will discover it just on the race.

The Ginetta's my favourite too, and to me it's by far the best looking GT4. But as there were already 2 of them registered for the race, I decided to look for another car to join with. The Merc and Alpine were the only ones that immediately "clicked" with my driving style, absolutely hated the BMW for instance (and the KTM is just too plain ugly to even consider as a drive). But as you say, it's probably all related to lack of time setting the cars up properly. Not that I have the slightest clue how to do that... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not sure what happend there. I span on the first corner and my wheel spazzed out and all FFB stopped, it felt so wierd without it i had to stop. Shame as there was some good racing.

This was a bit of a weird one for me... I tried some last minute changes on my setup during quali which I didn't like, so I loaded my original setup again for the race. And all of a sudden the car was unrecognizable and on the point of being undriveable: no front end grip whatsoever, tyre pressures didn't rise to where they did before and it felt like I was driving with 50% brake pressure :cautious: I have no idea what happened there, the car felt fine all throughout practice.
Oh well, on to the next one, see you gents at Monza !

By the way, what was up with all the text chatting during qualifying ? It was quite hard to stay focussed actually, especially in right hand corners 'cos the chat window pops up in my headset right where I'd be looking into the apex...just saying.

This was a bit of a weird one for me... I tried some last minute changes on my setup during quali which I didn't like, so I loaded my original setup again for the race. And all of a sudden the car was unrecognizable and on the point of being undriveable: no front end grip whatsoever, tyre pressures didn't rise to where they did before and it felt like I was driving with 50% brake pressure :cautious: I have no idea what happened there, the car felt fine all throughout practice.
Oh well, on to the next one, see you gents at Monza !
Funny you should say that, my tyre pressures were noticeably lower in the race. I think the temps dropped between quali and the race.

The weather is set to very low variable but maybe we should try static for the GT4 cars where tyre temps and pressure are a bit harder to keep in the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%