Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
brandsjpg.jpg

After a wet Oulton Park the GT4 train moves to Brands Hatch, one of the all time classic tracks.

How to join the event
1. You will need to be a premium member on RaceDepartment.com
2. You need to be added to the RD community on Simracing.GP (send myself or Ricoow a private message with your email address)
3. Click Here to sign up for the event

We usually have a few events up. Head over to our simracing.GP page to see all of our events Here

Need Help?
Not sure about Simracing.GP, RaceDepartment Premium and how it all works?
Ping myself or Ricoow a message and we'll be happy to help get you signed up.

Event Details
Start time: 19:30BST (18:30UTC)
In game race start time: 14:00

Format: Practice 45 minutes | Qualification 15 minutes | Race 30 minutes

Weather forecast: Dry

Useful links
RaceDepartment Club Regulations
RaceDepartment Discord

See you on track!

Last edited:
Just a heads up that the usual password has now changed. Please check the event page over at simracing.gp for the new one.

hi
do you have an Practice Server running ?
hape
Hi Hape, no practice server but here are the settings to use offline which should be similar to race day.

22c air temp (this usually changes a bit depending on cloud etc) but if your track temp is around 34-36 then you are in the ball park.
Optimum grip and set time to 14:00 :thumbsup:

Looking forward to blasting around Brands tonight. I'm trying the McLaren but haven't had time to practice so should be interesting!

I've driven the 570S only once at Donington, but I thought it handled quite well. Very different to the Ginetta of course, but I'm sure you'll manage. I won't have time to practice before the event tonight, so all my practice will be on the server. But I know Brands and have raced the Ginetta there before, so I should be OK...famous last words :D
See y'all on track tonight !

Last edited:
Apologies, in hindsight I probably shouldn't have raced. Car felt really good in Qualy but went to rat **** quickly during the race. After a few laps I couldn't hit any apex's the car was understeering like mad, and then I span on turn 2 and got hit (no ones fault).

I need to make sure I practice properly rather than winging it tbh, I have zero consistency.

Apologies, in hindsight I probably shouldn't have raced. Car felt really good in Qualy but went to rat **** quickly during the race. After a few laps I couldn't hit any apex's the car was understeering like mad, and then I span on turn 2 and got hit (no ones fault).

I need to make sure I practice properly rather than winging it tbh, I have zero consistency.
Ah man that's a shame as your pace was awesome when you had the car on point. These GT4 cars seem very tricky to keep the tyres in "the window". The track tends to change by a few degrees here and there and it really changes things.

I settled in behind Michele but started to get the feel of the Macca and chipped a few tenths off here and there but he'd always punch back and gain them again. Last 15 mins or so I decided to push or die :roflmao:

It worked and I was a McLaren shaped boot lid for the last few laps but all credit to Michele for a great drive and win, he had me covered anywhere I tried.

Hope everyone else got on ok and nice to see Sacha hustling that Ginetta to p3!

That was another good race gents, albeit a bit of a lonely one for me ;) I managed to keep you guys in my sights for the first few laps but you were about a second a lap quicker than me. Then @Grumps82 spun (no apologies needed by the way, things happen) and luckily I could avoid him, but Chris and Michele sped off in the distance never to be seen again :D But happy with another P3 !

And "hustling" is the right way to describe driving the Ginetta, man that thing has a lively rear...and quite strong FFB compared to most of the others cars, or so it felt. My right wrist was sore after the race from constant counter steering going through the fast corners.

Unfortunately this might have been my last Thursday race for quite some time to come, I'll be working more from the office instead of at home so it will be harder to find the time to race....
But I'll still be there on Tuesdays, you're not rid of me yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%