AC GT4 @ Road America - Weds 15th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@HF2000
just out of interest.
For some reason I am usually pretty crap with GT4 cars especially road America.
I do similar times in the Maser and G55. I looked at my data logging, I am quicker through that bend than the G55.
by approximately 1 mph, the difference is I am slowing with the Maser; The G55 I am flat out. that is the main reason it seems difficult in the Maser and relatively
easy in the G55. ( one you have to judge, the other you don't )
The G55 just takes the rest of the bends quicker, and looses on the straight, but over the whole course is quicker, the fast guy's just capitalise on that fact.
Again just out of interest, the previous corner the G55 is miles quicker than the Maser.

@HF2000
just out of interest.
I do similar times in the Maser and G55. I looked at my data logging, I am quicker through that bend than the G55.
by approximately 1 mph, the difference is I am slowing with the Maser; The G55 I am flat out. that is the main reason it seems difficult in the Maser and relatively
The G55 just takes the rest of the bends quicker, and looses on the straight, but over the whole course is quicker, the fast guy's just capitalise on that fact.
Again just out of interest, the previous corner the G55 is miles quicker than the Maser.
Well Ernie, all what I'm going to say here is of course depending on my driving style. And indeed in the combination of the Carroussel (the long right handler) and the Kink I'm so much faster with the G55 compared to the other two cars. Also T1 I'm faster and in T2 I have in most of the laps a better exit with the G55. That compensates for the lower top speed on that straight to T3. But there's something else that's really important for me. In the Ginetta I have more confidence in myself because it's much more forgiven (with my setups) and that makes a huge difference for me. During the race I was a couple of laps behind @FischBoB in the Porsche and in one of those laps he managed to go to through the Kink without lifting. In that lap he gained quite some time on the straight after the Kink. But as far as I noticed he did that only once. I had never the confidence to do that with the Maser or the Porsche but better drivers are probably capable of doing that in every lap.

Coming back to the new KTM. Even with the stock setup I felt quite confident with it and I'm sure with some setup adjustments I will certainly choose this car in the next race depending if the applied BOP will keep it a fair match.

(BTW: Who's waffling now?)

@HF2000
just out of interest.

Ah OK sorry I thought you were suggesting it was slower in all the corners. I guess the G55 could easily be marginally slower through the kink because it's not on the limit of grip due to the short run to the corner, whereas the others might be say 5mph faster on entry meaning they need to drop 4mph to their limit which is still 1mph faster than the G55 even if the Ginetta could have gone through 5mph quicker with a longer run up, and maybe those I was following through the kink in the Porsches were just lifting too much hence me being held up.

From my experience the Porsche just wants to oversteer everywhere, you lose so much time fighting it in corners. As Han said the G55 just does what you tell it to without fuss and without challenge, which is where the lap time comes from I feel. And yes, even on a circuit that has two massive straights the other two cars weren't near the G55 at all, makes me wonder if the BoP should be tweaked or we just make this event a one-make series. I loved driving the car and had some amazing races based on just pure skill due to equal machinery.

From my experience the Porsche just wants to oversteer everywhere, you lose so much time fighting it in corners. As Han said the G55 just does what you tell it to without fuss and without challenge, which is where the lap time comes from I feel. And yes, even on a circuit that has two massive straights the other two cars weren't near the G55 at all, makes me wonder if the BoP should be tweaked or we just make this event a one-make series. I loved driving the car and had some amazing races based on just pure skill due to equal machinery.

@Medilloni, I tend to agree that probably BoP needs increasing for G55. Let me know if you're interested in me doing some more BoP tests on a few tracks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%