AC GT4 @ Road America - Wednesday 22nd April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I would say it was more your fault because I think u had enough space to take the corner tight, but it doesn´t really matter. I would identify it as a race incident / misunderstanding. And I am not mad about it cause I had no fun on the stock setup on the G55 so i left :notworthy: Of corse more reaaaaly clos fighting that we had would be better but it is how it is ;)

BTW Ronnie, I hope u are not angry about the draft bumping on the straight? :laugh: It was necessary to overtake Geo, and it worked :D
Pretty sure I had two wheels up on kerb. But I'll look again at replay. I was laughing at you bumping Ronnie.
If it was my fault I'm really sorry but I very rarely cause any contact. Will check for sure as would like to know and learn.

Anisotropic filtering is basically free nowadays (AF performance is primarily dependent on memory bandwidth, which is generally not a problem on reasonably modern computers) so you can run with 16x without worrying :) That said, if you're on a laptop with an integrated GPU, you might want to still keep it at 4x or 8x.

For MSAA, performance hit is exponential. So 2x is usually fairly negligible, but you're more likely to feel 4x or 8x+. FXAA is fast but can cause some objects to become more blurry, since it's significantly less precise in its evaluation (that is, it literally just evaluates something close to the final output, rather than looking at 3-dimensional objects and how textures apply and are being viewed).

Here are some settings that should be reasonably nice looking, without being too taxing even on an older card and CPU. Set your FPS limit to your refresh rate :)

View attachment 365845
Thanks Chris, will try this out tomorrow:thumbsup:

Heh, I anticipated this question after race 1, and the thing which made this worse last night is that the max clients for the server was 48, and 48 cars were loaded -- even if those cars aren't used, it still takes passive load on client CPU during racing. After race 1 I quickly profiled CPU time spent (and thankfully Kunos still includes the debugging symbols for acs.exe), and tons of it was just spent in updating car physics and presence for idle cars -- PhysicsEngine::step, PhysicsAvatar work, and Car::getPhysicsState attached to ostensibly idle Car objects.
Holy smoke, that's a shocker.
I somehow had it wrongly in my head that AC didn't compute the physics for any cars other than the driver's own (and the AIs of course, in SP).

I forgot to look at my CPU load history after the race (or GPU for that matter) but there was a very clear worsening of the issue at the start of each race - maybe that was a GPU thing then, related to more polys on screen? I had no issues at all in practice or qually, and after about lap 2-3ish in each race the problems were also no longer noticeable. I was lucky enough that even on the start line, I was still getting 49-50 fps.

Btw, what tool did you use for the profiling?

I somehow had it wrongly in my head that AC didn't compute the physics for any cars other than the driver's own (and the AIs of course, in SP).

I was also surprised, but I have a guess: probably it does physics work as an input to its interpolation between server updates. To be honest though it's kind of hard to tell exactly why it happens without the source code, only some of the symbols are present.

I forgot to look at my CPU load history after the race (or GPU for that matter) but there was a very clear worsening of the issue at the start of each race - maybe that was a GPU thing then, related to more polys on screen? I had no issues at all in practice or qually, and after about lap 2-3ish in each race the problems were also no longer noticeable. I was lucky enough that even on the start line, I was still getting 49-50 fps.

I would guess so. With the mirrors as well, you usually end up rendering a large portion of the grid no matter what.

Btw, what tool did you use for the profiling?

WPA is reasonably good for this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/wpt/

Here's a small edit of one of the amazing battles last night with @Aksu and @Axel Moebius :)
:roflmao:
Had to keep so much distance because covid-19......
But race 2 was ok :roflmao:
Screenshot_20200424-170530_YouTube.jpg

Afternoon everyone,

Apologies for digging up an old thread.

I streamed this race at the time, which included the TS audio.

I have been made aware that this is in breach of a rule here at RD.

Can anyone who took part let me know if you have any objections to the audio remaining as part of that video?

Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years