AC GT4 @ Mosport - Wednesday 08 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So I was in Qualy and when I went to pit in the last minutes someone tookover my car and I was spectating!
Thought it was a replay or something due to inactivity but the race starts and I’m spactating inside the car with no control and I cannot even escape. I had to Alt F4.

Did anything similar happen before?

It sounds like you clicked on another drivers name and joined him in his car ..it is fine to do that, I will often do it to check my lines and so ...but you have to go back to your car or you will just stay there in the other drivers car ...it is not possible to take over someones car :thumbsup:

I will see you in race 2 :thumbsup:

1st lap second corner, I lost her trying to avoid another accident, the car was pointed uphill and it would not move? I thought for a minute I had blown engine, but no, she would not move...by now the front runners were getting close and I was right on the racing line, no choice "escape to the pits" race over for me :(

Qualifying produced some times I never expected to see, great pace guys/girls ...beginners please never ever be put of by my comments above, there are great battles throughout the field.

Car change next week drivers, I hope you all approve, it will most likely only be for one week, so come and join in and drive something different to the "norm" :cautious:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

and many congrads to all the drivers that finished :thumbsup:

It sounds like you clicked on another drivers name and joined him in his car ..it is fine to do that, I will often do it to check my lines and so ...but you have to go back to your car or you will just stay there in the other drivers car ...it is not possible to take over someones car :thumbsup:

I will see you in race 2 :thumbsup:
That's what happens when you're new to VR I guess :roflmao: I though I disconnected for a second and someone joined maybe. (I know my Ping causes issues sometimes)

Thank you for hosting though, see you next week!

@Arkoudadis great racing mate I enjoyed that fight. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone

Thank you for my first online experience. It was great fun!! :) I had never expected to end up in third place in the first race.

In the second race I was super slow of the line and involved in the accident right after the start. To be honest I am not sure if I ran into someone in the corner and therefore responsible for the accident. I did my best to try to avoid contact,but it was cars everywhere ;) But anyhow,if it was my fault I apologize to all of you I then destroyed the race for.

Big thank you to admins doing all the fun for us:inlove:
Congratulation to all podium players :):)
Qualy as I thought to many :alien: did my best lap ever going 7 on the grid.
First race I lost the car goin out in the 2 right hander:redface: on lap two, out as 17 long race took my to 7.
Second race came out as 5-6 after the start, hold that position until Hape lost his car
coming over the track from the rigth, just manage to slip by,got another car very close
after that and off course got hit from behind in the slow right hander.:mad: Took a bit time to
have the car in reverse out as 16 manage to get place ?

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Thank you for my first online experience. It was great fun!! :) I had never expected to end up in third place in the first race.

In the second race I was super slow of the line and involved in the accident right after the start. To be honest I am not sure if I ran into someone in the corner and therefore responsible for the accident. I did my best to try to avoid contact,but it was cars everywhere ;) But anyhow,if it was my fault I apologize to all of you I then destroyed the race for.

First online experience for me with RaceDepartment got me hooked, hopefully plenty of exciting races for you to come. Good result for the first race.

Yes I will defenately take part in more online races. I have wanted to do it for a while, but not dared to enter before. After today I see that I should have joined sooner. It was a pleasure to race with you all, and som much more fun than racing against AI.

Thank you Craig for organizing all the races you do here on RD. People like you make a big difference and let us all enjoy our hobby!

See you all soon in another race :)

What a bundle of fun that was!:D

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for organising, absolutely love this track:inlove: Not trying to flatter you too much (remember, you agreed to remove my BoP next time?:whistling:) but your car/track combo's are the dogs dangly bits.

Huge congrats to @Hepsta Matt, you were driving quali laps every lap, amazing pace:thumbsup: Thanks also to @Celtic Pharaoh Tariq and @Captain Condescending Joseph (or Elton?:p) for the fair side-by-side stuff, total gents:)

The 2nd race I went off on 2nd to last corner of last lap, realised I'd moved all my buttons around for rF2 and couldn't get in reverse:roflmao: Still, super enjoyed tonight:cool: Thanks to all.

@Captain Condescending
I usually apologize once, but due to my stupidity, i will say sorry again to you.
i think the G55 must give you red mist syndrome.
Sorry Joseph, the situation did not improve when i looked at the replay. bugger. :redface:

great racing everyone, and a special thanks to @Craig Dunkley .:)

Ps, I hope all of you that ran out of fuel, keep doing this in the future.:sneaky:

What a bundle of fun that was!:D

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for organising, absolutely love this track:inlove: Not trying to flatter you too much (remember, you agreed to remove my BoP next time?:whistling:) but your car/track combo's are the dogs dangly bits.

Huge congrats to @Hepsta Matt, you were driving quali laps every lap, amazing pace:thumbsup: Thanks also to @Celtic Pharaoh Tariq and @Captain Condescending Joseph (or Elton?:p) for the fair side-by-side stuff, total gents:)

The 2nd race I went off on 2nd to last corner of last lap, realised I'd moved all my buttons around for rF2 and couldn't get in reverse:roflmao: Still, super enjoyed tonight:cool: Thanks to all.
Likewise John! Thanks for leaving me room. Really enjoyed the little battle we had going into the last corner. Shame it was the last lap at that point as I'm sure you would've come back at me and passed for the next lap. I'll try to drive quicker and get up to you sooner next time but please don't go any quicker, I wrangled everything I could out of the Maserati and don't want to be left behind :D

Likewise John! Thanks for leaving me room. Really enjoyed the little battle we had going into the last corner. Shame it was the last lap at that point as I'm sure you would've come back at me and passed for the next lap. I'll try to drive quicker and get up to you sooner next time but please don't go any quicker, I wrangled everything I could out of the Maserati and don't want to be left behind :D

I won't go any faster Tariq, I'm OK-ish in practice, but come the race I'm a quivering wreck, and after 15 mins my concentration has gone awol:roflmao:

Would be great to see you in more AC events mate:thumbsup:

Thanks to Craig and RD for the event!

A view from the last row. I always leave the line long after the flag has dropped, I stay clear of the first lap "incidents" that way. It's not because of you, more because of me.

Always fun to hear the "Thank You's " from drivers regaining their race pace and catching me, I prefer to just let you guys go rather than fight you. All I want is to finish the race without going off track and you guys create a lot of pressure for me.

You might think I get bored but the unnecessary chatter, wife's talking and cockpit sounds coming from TS by people that can't figure out how to get PTT keep me awake. Really people, you think we can't hear it????

And lastly, completing the last lap to the sounds of the winners cheering each other as we push as hard as we can to get to the finish line before everyone leaves the server!!!!

Sorry Dennis, I'm guilty of the celebrations for this race, will be more careful in future. Totally agree with the PTT, far too much background noise.

Hi everyone

I was driving the car that you ran in to at Moss Corner (turn 5) and I was, at the time, glad that you stopped. Not only did you wait for me, but you let me go past as well. On the replay, however, I could see that it wasn't your fault. Someone else had ran in to the back of your car and sent you flying over the curb in to mine, and then carried on.

@Captain Condescending
I usually apologize once, but due to my stupidity, i will say sorry again to you.
i think the G55 must give you red mist syndrome.
Sorry Joseph, the situation did not improve when i looked at the replay. bugger. :redface:

great racing everyone, and a special thanks to @Craig Dunkley .:)

Ps, I hope all of you that ran out of fuel, keep doing this in the future.:sneaky:

Nah don't worry about it, man. You've gotta have a go! When you no longer go for a gap... :p

The only issue with the move really was that you hesitated. I squeezed you wide but left space, and if you'd gone for it immediately you would've been past me by corner exit. Racing's racing, anyway, so don't worry about it :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back