AC GT4 @ Mosport - Wednesday 08 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks to Craig and RD for the event!

A view from the last row. I always leave the line long after the flag has dropped, I stay clear of the first lap "incidents" that way. It's not because of you, more because of me.

Always fun to hear the "Thank You's " from drivers regaining their race pace and catching me, I prefer to just let you guys go rather than fight you. All I want is to finish the race without going off track and you guys create a lot of pressure for me.

You might think I get bored but the unnecessary chatter, wife's talking and cockpit sounds coming from TS by people that can't figure out how to get PTT keep me awake. Really people, you think we can't hear it????

And lastly, completing the last lap to the sounds of the winners cheering each other as we push as hard as we can to get to the finish line before everyone leaves the server!!!!

As a fellow with whom you share the last grid, I can say I feel the same for the most part. I cached you at some point and suddenly the race was exciting again trying to pass, but couldn't.

Why I don't understand is why did you brake in front of the finish line? I thought you had no more fuel, but then I saw the reply and it's definitely a voluntary brake. Why?

I was driving the car that you ran in to at Moss Corner (turn 5) and I was, at the time, glad that you stopped. Not only did you wait for me, but you let me go past as well. On the replay, however, I could see that it wasn't your fault. Someone else had ran in to the back of your car and sent you flying over the curb in to mine, and then carried on.
Hi Patrick
I felt I had to wait for you when I had rammed you like that,

Could someone send me the repalys of the two races? My settings were wrong, so i only had the last 2 minuts of the last race. It would be good to be able to look at the races to learn from them.

Hi Patrick
I felt I had to wait for you when I had rammed you like that,

Could someone send me the repalys of the two races? My settings were wrong, so i only had the last 2 minuts of the last race. It would be good to be able to look at the races to learn from them.

I've only got the second race. Going by the way the replay filenames are saved, I think Assetto overwrites the previous race with the current. :(
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lgavyjvx...netta_gt4_2017_rhd_johnr777_mosport_.rar?dl=0

Just to mention it, those raised kerbs were quite slippery, I got caught out and so did many others.
Got a wheel on the grass a couple of times , grass
did not seem to cause a problem, maybe you just
automatically lift when that happens.:)

Just to mention it, those raised kerbs were quite slippery, I got caught out and so did many others.
Got a wheel on the grass a couple of times , grass
did not seem to cause a problem, maybe you just
automatically lift when that happens.:)

Couple of them were incredibly bumpy. If you stay on the inside half of the kerb it's ok, but if you go wider than that it drops off and drags you on to the grass.

That now makes a lot of sense and explains why I got
away with it a few times.

And another thing, I know I go over the top with the apology thing, but I really do not like spoiling someone’s race, especially understanding how much effort may have been put into that race.
I’d much rather come a lonely last than knock someone out of their race.
I really want to apologise again, must get this apology
thing under control.:confused:

Nice couple of races. Apologies for phone ringing but had a guest arriving who couldn't wait 2 more mins to arrive... Had to drop out of first race for that... Was doing well. Second race, I put too little fuel and ran out while 8th or 9th. I didn't have the same pace as before though as my concentration was not as high. That is something I need to improve. I was behind the front lot until I got punted in that nasty double right hander... Still, I must say that the BOP on the Ginetta is not enough. It needs more weight added. That thing is just too fast and on rails. While I had a porsche overtake me in the backstraight once, when we reached the most sinuous parts of the track it was just too much of a difference. Which is why I have to congratulate @Captain Condescending (I believe it was you) for doing so well in a Porsche. Either you had an awesome setup or you have some mad skills. Special congrats to the first race winner for taking that Maserati to a win. Bloody well done. Really love these GT4 races as they are always quite fun. See you guys next week and than you @Craig Dunkley for putting this together.

Nice couple of races. Apologies for phone ringing but had a guest arriving who couldn't wait 2 more mins to arrive... Had to drop out of first race for that... Was doing well. Second race, I put too little fuel and ran out while 8th or 9th. I didn't have the same pace as before though as my concentration was not as high. That is something I need to improve. I was behind the front lot until I got punted in that nasty double right hander... Still, I must say that the BOP on the Ginetta is not enough. It needs more weight added. That thing is just too fast and on rails. While I had a porsche overtake me in the backstraight once, when we reached the most sinuous parts of the track it was just too much of a difference. Which is why I have to congratulate @Captain Condescending (I believe it was you) for doing so well in a Porsche. Either you had an awesome setup or you have some mad skills. Special congrats to the first race winner for taking that Maserati to a win. Bloody well done. Really love these GT4 races as they are always quite fun. See you guys next week and than you @Craig Dunkley for putting this together.

I'd like to tell you it was mad skills, but i just spent a few hours on the setup and held on for dear life, basically. (see video evidence above :p )

if you unzip it, then directly put it into AC replay, should work. i know nuffing about
CM.
But i cannot see why you cannot do it manually. :)

if you unzip it, then directly put it into AC replay, should work. i know nuffing about
CM.
But i cannot see why you cannot do it manually. :)

After the download, the file has no extension at all. It's not ZIP, RAR, 7Z or something. it's just blanc. I have put the extension .acreplay and I had the same problem.

I will try in the evening to unzip it, even if it hadn't an extension of the sort.

I'm guessing the filename extension has been overwritten. To unpack it I used 7z without any issues. If you want to use winrar... just add the file extension to the filename: .rar

just out of interest, i down loaded it, then unzipped it, put into my AC replay, worked fine.
i quite enjoyed watching it too. :)

just out of interest, i down loaded it, then unzipped it, put into my AC replay, worked fine.
i quite enjoyed watching it too. :)
yes, now it works. I didn't realise that I had to unzip it because it had no extension.

still, the question remains ... why did CM did not register the first race ...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%