AC GT4 @ Monza - Monday 14 Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Craig Dunkley so i went downstairs for abit, come back for qualy and my PC has started an update. Gonna have to wait for it so will join in when its done. Hopefully done before race start.

What a load of shite tonight has been. Managed 1 qualy lap then lap 3 my internet dropped and disconnect me. Absolute bag of shite vodafone are :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, Finally a race from me withhout mistakes but a big one before. I heard some of you talking about the cars having or not a clutch but I didn't pay any attention to that. So when the red lights were on, I pushed the clutch and gave gas:notworthy:. False start of course but only for a few inches. So got a drive through penalty:cry:. Vettel got away with it in Japan! The stewards maintain double standards! They always favor Ferrari:mad:.

Beside that I had a lot of fun to catch up and overtake a couple of cars. @Craig Dunkley gave me a hard time before I could pass him in the second chicane.

So thanks Craig for organising and please fire the stewards!:laugh:

Super racing by all thanks...I had several good battles along the way, managed to keep her on the black stuff, with a midpack result, so I am happy enough :)

The battle up front must have been very interesting "G55 v Porsche" the G55 won the day again :thumbsup:

Congrads to all the drivers that finished the event, I hope you all had some fun ..I know I did :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week, we take the Skippy out again :thumbsup:

Cheers for organising @Craig Dunkley :thumbsup:

Pretty quiet race once we'd got started and @DrSayers had a wee off. I didn't have the pace to get up to @Axel Moebius & @Enzo Fazzi so concentrated on being clean and consistent to then capitalise on any mistakes made while they were fighting. They had a couple towards the end but nothing dramatic enough for me to get close enough to mount a challenge for the top spot - that said, very happy with a podium knowing any mistake from me and Nick would have been there to make me pay.

Also, apologies to @pattikins for a bit of a nudge at the second chicane - I could see that @HF2000 had royally buggered up his braking spot :p and I had to get out of the way or be collected as he shot past. I was planning on leaving you plenty of room but had to jink over - if you watch the reply, you can see me just start to move towards the apex and then realise what was going on and rapidly change my mind! Sorry again mate.

Grats to the two up front and the others that made the event :thumbsup:

Never driven the Cayman at least in AC. But it's really fun to drive especially around Monza!

Front runners put up some fast lap times! So I set a goal of a top 10. Qualified P11.
Had a quick jump at the start and found myself in the middle of 3 wide into turn 1. Think we all made through safe though.

As I was in P6, made my only major mistake a few laps into the 3 race and dropped to P10. Through some brave overtaking and pressure from me and a couple guys making mistakes, I faught back up to P7 to finish the race. I took easy the last lap which allowed P8 to get close but I held on.

Thanks @Craig Dunkley hosting and congrats to the podium and everyone that came out

Super racing by all thanks...I had several good battles along the way, managed to keep her on the black stuff, with a midpack result, so I am happy enough :)

The battle up front must have been very interesting "G55 v Porsche" the G55 won the day again :thumbsup:

Congrads to all the drivers that finished the event, I hope you all had some fun ..I know I did :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week, we take the Skippy out again :thumbsup:
G55 vs Maserati this time :)

Cheers for organising @Craig Dunkley :thumbsup:

Pretty quiet race once we'd got started and @DrSayers had a wee off. I didn't have the pace to get up to @Axel Moebius & @Enzo Fazzi so concentrated on being clean and consistent to then capitalise on any mistakes made while they were fighting. They had a couple towards the end but nothing dramatic enough for me to get close enough to mount a challenge for the top spot - that said, very happy with a podium knowing any mistake from me and Nick would have been there to make me pay.

Also, apologies to @pattikins for a bit of a nudge at the second chicane - I could see that @HF2000 had royally buggered up his braking spot :p and I had to get out of the way or be collected as he shot past. I was planning on leaving you plenty of room but had to jink over - if you watch the reply, you can see me just start to move towards the apex and then realise what was going on and rapidly change my mind! Sorry again mate.

Grats to the two up front and the others that made the event :thumbsup:
I admit, @Asterix that messing up the braking spot sounds like me but this time I got off the track to avoid other cars that had contact with eachother in the chicane. I gained a couple of places with that but I was not sure if that would have been correct. I decided to let the whole field pass because I had a that drive through penalty coming and it was of no use to hold up other drivers.

I admit, @Asterix that messing up the braking spot sounds like me but this time I got off the track to avoid other cars that had contact with eachother in the chicane. I gained a couple of places with that but I was not sure if that would have been correct. I decided to let the whole field pass because I had a that drive through penalty coming and it was of no use to hold up other drivers.
Ok mate, lucky I didnt go for the corner then.

Race replay of me and Axel. First 35 minutes is just Axel being within one second of me the whole time. Looks quite boring on the replay, definitely wasn't in the cockpit. At the start of the race I tried to break the draft, didn't work so I stopped doing it at some point. Last couple of laps we actually start to have a fight.
Fastest lap onboard.

As for my setup, the Maserati doesn't allow changes to aero, which is a bit annoying at this track. Especially since the car is incredibly stable / tends to understeer. I tried to get rid of as much drag as possible, so no toe front and rear, high camber values, low ride height and soft rear suspension to get that rear wing out of the air as much as possible. It's quite stable on the kerbs at Monza and you really have to attack them, otherwise the car is simply a second off the other two at this track.
Oh and turn ABS and TC off. I noticed TC would kick in even at the end of the backstraight. Something weird going on there.

Guys any idea about a problem I 'm facing here. After every session change I have a sudden spike with my ping. I had to quit and rejoin in order for it to drop. So I ended starting the race from the pits right before the first lap was completed , and essentially trying to delay the blue flags.

So it seems as if there is something uploading or downloading data after a session ends. Any idea what could it be?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back