AC GT4@Kyalami 2016 Wednesday December 11 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So, my arm and should have been killing me since I bought IL2 and talked to @scottiedawg66 so I haven't driven. Instead, I'm finally trying to learn how to make custom skins in the most locked up game other than Ipayracing:D

It's Pcars2 so I'm ready for the abuse. Here's what I've got, but I'm probably going to change the red lettering.
20191211180622_1.jpg

I'm getting a checksum. I'm sure it's on my end. I can't do 2 things at once anymore so I'm going to do a stupid file integrity check and see if that does it, then I'll join ts..........whether I get it fixed or not.

Wrong version of the track...........dooh!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Great to be back racing here with all the regulars in the club, this was a super fun combo! I hope everyone can be back for the coming races, although I know the holidays are coming up and might make it difficult for some people. If RD does the Mini Challenge again in January I will likely participate in that, so I might be a little absent for 5 weeks then, but we'll see if that even happens.

I do want to address that I had 3 incidences of contact with @Jean-François ; more contact than I've ever had total in any race here on RD. I was confident during the race that I was not responsible for any of them but I went back and checked the replay after the race to be sure. After looking at the replay I am still very confident saying I was not responsible for the first two, but I definitely was for the 3rd which caused Jean-François to spin and I should have stopped and waited, so I apologize for that. It was on the exit to turn 6, the very fast sweeper that leads directly in to turn 7, I was sliding a bit on exit and I expected you to pull over to the right to set up for the next turn but I guess you were intending to push me all the way down to the very inside maybe, so instead I pulled over in to the side of you, my mistake. I hope that since I was also spun from our first contact that we are ok.

I love the way you guys have worked out your incidents from last night. That's the way the club is supposed to work.

As for me, last night was a blast until @scottiedawg66 and I touched and I went off. Clearly everyone doesn't realize the from white line to white line........IT"S MY TRACK:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Seriously, I turned down on him because I wasn't familiar with the track and caused the incident, but Scott waited on the old man to get his crap in order so we could have a few more laps of battling. Thanks Scott and thanks again for hosting these things:thumbsup::)

Thanks @scottiedawg66 for hosting and will try to make sure I'm in on Wednesday as often as possible. Sorry I didn't get to practice for the race last night and as a result was simply a road block but at least I got faster as the night went on :cool: Great track (even though I had no clue about the lines) but would love to race it again! Have a great Holiday and look forward to good times and having @Bobby Pennington back in the mix!! Lot of good guys on this thread so Happy Holidays to all!

@Jivesauce
My fault, I didn't see you coming. Your straight line speed really surprised me. I didn't realised you were on my side, until I made contact with you. I should have looked in my mirror adequately.

Not a huge deal, but it was clearly my fault since you gave me enough space to avoid it. Is an overtake like that allowed here in club racing or is it too aggressive?

What I was trying to do is overtake you on the right side of the track by braking early and having a better exit going into this fast corner. Since you were on the inside I thought that was the best way to overtake you, using the better exit speed at my advantage. By seeing the replay I realise that I wasn't as far to the right on the corner exit then I thought I was. So I think my idea was good, but my execution a bit lacking and it confused you and maybe that's what made you deviate toward me.

@Jivesauce
My fault, I didn't see you coming. Your straight line speed really surprised me. I didn't realised you were on my side, until I made contact with you. I should have looked in my mirror adequately.

Not a huge deal, but it was clearly my fault since you gave me enough space to avoid it. Is an overtake like that allowed here in club racing or is it too aggressive?

What I was trying to do is overtake you on the right side of the track by braking early and having a better exit going into this fast corner. Since you were on the inside I thought that was the best way to overtake you, using the better exit speed at my advantage. By seeing the replay I realise that I wasn't as far to the right on the corner exit then I thought I was. So I think my idea was good, but my execution a bit lacking and it confused you and maybe that's what made you deviate toward me.

Thanks for these videos @Jean-François these are way better than I was looking at on my replay! I'm not super familiar with the camera system.

Contact 1: Yeah I think the Porsche might be a little faster in a straight line and I had gotten a little better exit from the last turn and I knew from the previous lap that I could brake a little later there, so it all added up to a pretty rapid closing under braking, no problem. You mention your mirror, just out of curiosity do you also use HeliCorsa? I find it invaluable.

Contact 2: I can't speak for everyone but I really don't have a big problem with this, and it looks even lighter in this than it felt in the car, I just wanted to mention it since there was other contact. I think this is the kind of thing that happens to everyone occasionally when racing hard.

Contact 3: Ahhhh so you were going to pull an over/under? That would have been cool :( I appreciate your explanation and being nice on this one but I still see it as totally my fault. You can't tell from outside but if you watch from inside my car you can see that I am in a slight slide toward you as I exit the corner and actually counter steering sightly to the left against the drift to the right, but I could have turned against it way harder I just thought there would be space in the moment, but I don't see that you have any obligation to move over and give me space there, I just anticipated badly. Completely my fault.

Honestly, I wasn't particularly upset by any of the contact, I view the reverse grid races as pure fun and expect some chaos :roflmao: I just didn't want you to be mad at me or think I'm routinely flying around driving in to people. Thanks for taking the time to look at it and make a post about it, and see you at the next one! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%