AC GT4 @ Imola - Monday 30 September 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Cheers @Craig Dunkley for hosting a fun race.

Just beaten to pole and just beaten in the race but extremely enjoyable. @Manos Papangleou did a brilliant job.

@Geof had a cracker of a start and managed to get by at the first chicane, took me a few laps to work out where he was fast/slow etc.... pounced at the last chicane. Nailed it to close up around 4 seconds on Manos but he upped his pace as I got closer and it was tough to get close enough to make a serious bid for the lead without risk of taking us both out. Never happy to settle for second but had a great race - it flew by!

Thanks all.

Last edited:
It was great fun:). My last lap in qually put me from pos 8 to 5 which was a pleasant surprise. At the start I got tangled between two cars in turn 1 and lost 3 places. Then I battled short with @Craig Dunkley ending in a little contact in the first chicane (racing incident). I got off track and found myself 12th. I had a fair racepace and could catch up with the field. After some mistakes of others I was behind @Raresch and we had some nice and fair battles. Good defense, Raresch:thumbsup:! Managed to overtake him a couple of times but his 911 was way faster on the straights (even with slipstream I couldn't keep up) so every time he passed me there. The Ginetta is very nice to drive but the lack of traction and topspeed was frustrating. So next time I will see what I can do setupwise for that.

Thanks all for joining and Craig, as always thanks for organising!:thumbsup:

It was great fun:). My last lap in qually put me from pos 8 to 5 which was a pleasant surprise. At the start I got tangled between two cars in turn 1 and lost 3 places. Then I battled short with @Craig Dunkley ending in a little contact in the first chicane (racing incident). I got off track and found myself 12th. I had a fair racepace and could catch up with the field. After some mistakes of others I was behind @Raresch and we had some nice and fair battles. Good defense, Raresch:thumbsup:! Managed to overtake him a couple of times but his 911 was way faster on the straights (even with slipstream I couldn't keep up) so every time he passed me there. The Ginetta is very nice to drive but the lack of traction and topspeed was frustrating. So next time I will see what I can do setupwise for that.

Thanks all for joining and Craig, as always thanks for organising!:thumbsup:
every time you passed me somewhere, i closed the door the next time around. the way you were catching me in the Acque Minerali was just terrifying. Having a straight after that was a safety measure for me. :D

every time you passed me somewhere, i closed the door the next time around. the way you were catching me in the Acque Minerali was just terrifying. Having a straight after that was a safety measure for me. :D
Yes, not able to follow when slipstreaming was very frustrating. I concentrated on having a good exit just before the straight to have maximum slipstream but every time you increased the gap. Looking forward to Barcelona to have another go with you there.;)

Cheers @Craig Dunkley for hosting a fun race.

Just beaten to pole and just beaten in the race but extremely enjoyable. @Manos Papangleou did a brilliant job.

@Geof had a cracker of a start and managed to get by at the first chicane, took me a few laps to work out where he was fast/slow etc.... pounced at the last chicane. Nailed it to close up around 4 seconds on Manos but he upped his pace as I got closer and it was tough to get close enough to make a serious bid for the lead without risk of taking us both out. Never happy to settle for second but had a great race - it flew by!

Thanks all.
You and Manos were incredible fast with the G55. Did you make some changes in the setup to increase traction and topspeed because my G55 couldn't follow the Maserati's and Porsche's on the straights, even with slipstream? Next race is Barcelona with a even longer straight so I can use some suggestions on that.

You and Manos were incredible fast with the G55. Did you make some changes in the setup to increase traction and topspeed because my G55 couldn't follow the Maserati's and Porsche's on the straights, even with slipstream? Next race is Barcelona with a even longer straight so I can use some suggestions on that.
TPs so they ran hot at 27, so I think 21 apart from front right which was 20. Camber 3.6f, 3.2r. Wing to 4. Rear toe was increased but I can't remember by how much. I think that was about it.

Manos was slightly faster on the straights, I was slightly faster in the turns. But the margins were minuscule between us.

I'll check the settings later and confirm.

TPs so they ran hot at 27, so I think 21 apart from front right which was 20. Camber 3.6f, 3.2r. Wing to 4. Rear toe was increased but I can't remember by how much. I think that was about it.

Manos was slightly faster on the straights, I was slightly faster in the turns. But the margins were minuscule between us.

I'll check the settings later and confirm.
Here you go - whatever this was...

Attachments

• RD1.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 101

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back