EU GT4 @ Falkenberg - Sun 02Dec18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kenny Paton, Nov 25, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 02-12-18
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Hi Jeremy, welcome to the R3E club, hope you manage to make it.
    Since you haven't raced with us before please check the rules linked in the opening post and any questions please just ask.:D

2. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    May well be able to squeeze this one in, shouldn't really but guests will have to entertain themselves!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    I'll stick a ? just in case;)

4. Vortlas

Vortlas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    I won't be able to make it tonight. Sorry.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Okay, thanks for letting us know.

6. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,297
    Well I've been doing some testing in my thumb cannot handle 40 minutes of racing in fact I can barely do 20 minutes.
    Therefore I must withdraw from the event.
    But I would like to share my set ups for each car. They are at the top of the leaderboard so they're quite quick for me.

Good luck, have fun, keep it clean, have a great race.

Attached Files:

• Beer Beer x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +619
    I gotta pull out guys. I'm still awake. Been writting a mission for IL-2. I may not wake up until 2pm tomorrow, lol.

• Beer Beer x 2
  8. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +474
    Yeh I'm pulling out as well, had so many odd feeling problems with the way any of the cars drive after this patch nothing feels right and just feels wrong when trying to steer..

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  9. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    Sorry chaps but until @Calvyn White mentioned the 40 minute bit I had no idea (one ought to wear ones glasses when one is spewing guff :rolleyes:). I won't last that long, well I will but the fleshy outer and bony inner hasn't a Rats arse. :( Had to peel my hands off the wheel after a practice earlier, so midweek mayhem rather than Sunday mass. Have fun guys, shame, like this combo, not so sure I still would after 50+ laps of it.

10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Okay guys, thanks for letting us know.

11. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +474
    Yeh sorry about this Kenny, trying to sort it with Alex at S3 there are a few of us having issue's for what ever reason I do not know, but I can't do a race with this sort of effects..Hopefully get it sorted, and enjoy guys.:thumbsup:

12. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    I noticed on the S3 forums, strange it only seems to be some people, ah the mystery that is RaceRoom.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,020
    FFB always gets kind of weird everytime thereĀ“s a patch to the game I have to tinkle it around everytime to get it right(?!)
    I get back to the idea that it be a much better approach by Sector3 (hello @Alex Hodgkinson ;)) regarding FFB to slim down all the options available.
    Please Sector3, I love R3E, I think it goes better every day, but as far as FFB is considered, I think "Less is More". Pleas guys, go simple like most of the other sims go, and just let it be some options maybe for Strength and Dampening (an "richness" of effects?!).
    As for all of the restant myriad of variables, it cannot be us, the gaming punter, to know whether the correct feeling for that car, must be more to the "Vertical Load" or "Horizontal load" or split, or kerbs or rack or tyres or ,or , .... you get the idea...
    Should be a Developers job I think, to get it right for that Wheel (or other periphal)/Car/Track. At most the gamer should be able to change, as said before, the Strength/Dampening b/c not all of us have enough strong rigs to endure some levels of Force:p
    If you think about it, just to set the wheel up right ( Fanatec CSW V2 here), you Have to:
    1- Get it right at the Windows' driver - ok, just 2 variables
    2- Get it right at the wheel itself - loads of ways to get it wrong here
    3- Get it right at R3E FFB menu - loooooads of ways to get it wrong here :)cautious::(:O_o:)
    4- get it right at the car setup - ok, there should be the place to tinker it :thumbsup:

And in the end, w/ so much variables to move around, and although eventually you get it to feel "right", you will never know if that is the way the Car SHOULD feel anyway:(:(:(...:cry:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +474
    If its ok Kenny I'm back in? :whistling::inlove:

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Sounds to me like Fanatec gear is almost as much fun as direct drive to get working (and almost as expensive), and not just in Raceroom. Lately it seems like all I see is either Fanatec or DD owners complaining about things not working for them in various games...

But what is there to slim down? There's not that many options and the defaults, at least for the TM and Logitech wheels (the two I have direct experience with) are pretty decent IMO, all you really need is to tone down some of the canned effects that don't come from physics anyway, anything else is just finetuning to personal preference. So maybe the answer is providing better defaults for Fanatec if that's not the case, not taking away the few settings there are.

16. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,297
    Well all I did with the Force Feedback was turn up the multiplier by about 50% all seems ok by me. But due to recent discussions on the subject I should probably have a more of a serious look. As I find having your Force Feedback as best you can possibly get it certainly contributes in setting up your car.
    As for the sound yeah not that good a bit below the usual excellent standard. But I feel sure it will be improved.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    :O_o: Aren't you clipping like half of the time, if not more? The default multiplier settings are usually already on the limit of clipping in situations where you are supposed to be on the limit of clipping, so raising it that much sounds pretty extreme.

18. Farrow_21

Farrow_21
    Premium

Ratings:
    +52
    My Internet decided it want's to randomly turn off & on today. Sorry that's gonna take me out of this one.

19. paulbee058

paulbee058
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    We'll.... Can't quite believe the games just crashed out on me. Never had it happen before with R3E

Up in to the lead and thoroughly enjoying the effort and suddenly I'm staring at my desktop

Is there a log of some kind that can be checked to try and determine what happened?

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    My setup for the impatient ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.