AC GT4 @ Donnington Park 2018 - Wednesday June 5 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey guy, that was a lot of fun, really enjoyed myself. Keith it was fun racing with you, I went way to fast into turn 4 "Old Hairpin" on that last lap, it was bad. I didn't say much, or anything really in TeamSpeak because I was not able to, anybody know why I had a "X" in front of my name? "Request talk power" was grayed out.
Hey Rob - It was fun and and saw you didn't have your team speak working (not sure what was wrong) so I quit talking thinking you probably couldn't hear me, but great racing. It seemed like we had just about the exact same pace and you were faster in some corners and I in others (probably due to the different cars) but great fun. In the last lap overtake you were fine and I was a bit lazy on the turn in. I couldn't see you along side so tried to give you room but not sure if I crowded you or not. It was a legitimate move and you did a good job of pushing on the last lap so no problem. Too bad it was the last lap because it would have been good to chase you for a while, but good fun. Hope to see you again soon and be able to talk a bit more for the next race. Good to have you with us:thumbsup: - Keith

Right now it's not looking good for me to join you guys tomorrow night. Been feeling really bad since Saturday night. If I don't see you guys, I'll see you when I see you.

Hope you are feeling better soon Bobby!! Fun race but would have been better with you in it. Sending you good vibes but just hope you are feeling a little better since your last post - Hang in there, Keith

Hey Rob - It was fun and and saw you didn't have your team speak working (not sure what was wrong) so I quit talking thinking you probably couldn't hear me, but great racing. It seemed like we had just about the exact same pace and you were faster in some corners and I in others (probably due to the different cars) but great fun. In the last lap overtake you were fine and I was a bit lazy on the turn in. I couldn't see you along side so tried to give you room but not sure if I crowded you or not. It was a legitimate move and you did a good job of pushing on the last lap so no problem. Too bad it was the last lap because it would have been good to chase you for a while, but good fun. Hope to see you again soon and be able to talk a bit more for the next race. Good to have you with us:thumbsup: - Keith

I was able to hear you and everybody, in the the race, I believe I have the issue worked out now. You definitely didn't crowd me on the overtake, I just wish I could have made that audible. I was looking over at you in VR thinking, I hope he knows I'm here since I coulden't say anything. And yeah, I'd like to say I look forward to you chasing me, but that's so much more of a stressful situation, much easier to follow, see you next Wednesday. And thank you, VERY glad to have found this group.

I know it's always mentioned in the bottom of the original post but I want to reiterate: if there is anyone not using HeliCorsa I can't recommend it enough. Even with triple screens I heavily rely on it to know what's going on around me.

It takes a bit of time to adjust to, but man is it worth it. There is also quite a bit of customization you can do by tweaking the cfg files to tweak it for your own personal preferences. For instance, by default it doesn't show up for cars directly in front of you, but I wanted to be able to see exactly how close I was when following someone. One quick config tweak and it's good to go! I, and I'm sure anyone else, would be happy to help set it up if anyone has any trouble.

I know it's always mentioned in the bottom of the original post but I want to reiterate: if there is anyone not using HeliCorsa I can't recommend it enough. Even with triple screens I heavily rely on it to know what's going on around me.
Unfortunately for a number of us we are using VR (app doesn't work in VR) so I rely on track map and just paying attention. You can easily look around in VR but can't really see what is right beside you so mostly I err on the side of caution and hope the other guy is also. It is a good app and very helpful so let me know if it or others work in VR and I just don't know it. Thanks for the tip though! Crew chief might work but I find it too distracting.

Unfortunately for a number of us we are using VR (app doesn't work in VR) so I rely on track map and just paying attention. You can easily look around in VR but can't really see what is right beside you so mostly I err on the side of caution and hope the other guy is also. It is a good app and very helpful so let me know if it or others work in VR and I just don't know it. Thanks for the tip though! Crew chief might work but I find it too distracting.

I'm almost positive it works with VR, but I could be wrong! I'll try to haul the Oculus out to my rig this weekend and test it so I can say for sure. I might be able to get about 20 minutes of testing in before I barf! :sick:

FWIW - There's a very similar app to HeliCorsa that does work in VR. It's called "Car Radar".

I just tested it in VR and HeliCorsa indeed works as normal.

Oddly, I ran a 10 lap race in VR with almost no motion sickness problems, which has never even remotely been the case before. Maybe I've somehow magically turned a corner with VR in sim racing? I hope so!

The problem I had with Heli Corsa is as follows, I see it in Content Manager, I have the little box checked, but when I go into a session and pan to the right for all the apps, heli corsa is not there. Not sure if that's the problem other people are having??? But that's what we got over here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.1%