AC GT4 @ Bikernieki and Okayama Wed. March 13th 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
file.php

For Wednesday March 13th we are going to continue with the GT-4 cars **We will be switching up cars for the next race on March 20th**

ADVANCED - INTERMEDIATE - BEGINNER - EVERYBODY IS VERY WELCOME

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 3/13 for some laughs and close, clean racing.

These are social events and our objective is for everyone to have fun and to foster close racing. Don't worry if you are not a top level driver, we are here to help. @Gelly916 and I have a lot of experience in both sim and real life racing and we are happy to help get people up to speed. Our goal is to put fun first and competition second, there are plenty of places to compete but this venue will serve members who are looking for a community that is focused on fun clean racing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY )

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC MOD content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver. If you bump someone off slow and wait for them this is the "golden rule" of race department events.

screenshot_ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4_imola_21-11-117-14-1-47-copy-jpg.269363

Practice Servers: ARE ONLINE as of 3/7
RaceDepartment.com US Practice GT4 #1 Bikernieki
RaceDepartment.com US Practice GT4 #2 Okayama

Race Servers:
RaceDepartment.com US Wed #1
RaceDepartment.com US Wed #2

Cars: DLC will be required to participate in this event. MOD content will be required to participate in this event
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 clubsport DLC Porsche Pack 1
  • Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 DLC Red Pack
  • Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 V1.3 Download (LHD only, this is america LOL)
Tracks: MOD content will be required to participate in this event
Bikernieki
race #1 Download
Layout:
High Speed Ring

Okayama race #2 Download
Layout
GP

Track Temps: 28c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Server Titles:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US WEDNESDAY GT4 #1
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US WEDNESDAY GT4 #2

To find server search "racedepartment"

Schedule (US):
Wednesday 3/13
Race#1 Bikernieki High Speed Ring
Practice:
21:00 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:10 EST (15 minutes)
Race: 21:25 EST (20 Minutes)

Race#2 Okayama GP
Practice:
21:50 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 22:00 (15 minutes)
Race: 22:15 EST (20 Minutes)

Entry List :
    1. scottiedawg66 - Maserati GT4
    2. Gelly916 - Ginetta G55 GT4
    3. churchlady - Porsche Cayman GT4
    4. newbert - Ginetta G55 GT4
    5. matthew walters - Porsche Cayman GT4
    6. Angeltheartist - Maserati - GT4
    7. Jordan Dion - Maserati GT4
    8. Douglas Garcia - Porsche GT4
    9. bo1210 - Porsche GT4
    10. johndough247 - Ginetta G55 GT4
    11. Keith_G - Ginetta G55 GT4
    12. FRadosti_39 - Ginetta G55 GT4
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
***tagging previous participants***

Last edited:
Sign me up. I will drive the Porsche again. Not sure if I am going to last past the 1st race in VR though.

For this upcoming week, I am going to see if I can figure out how/where to read my qualifying times, my lap time during the race etc, and what the + and - etc mean. No need to learn what standing I am though, since I know I am going to be dead last :D

BTW, for the beginners, it is a bit daunting to learn two tracks in a week!

I think @Bobby Pennington can help with how to get race data I am also curious about that.

two tracks is a change, if people don't like it we won't do it going forward. I am trying new things to see what works and what people like. Luckily both of these tracks are pretty short. I am trying to pick tracks that people are not "burnt out" on as well...Bikernieki is probably new to most people. :)

I think @Bobby Pennington can help with how to get race data I am also curious about that.

two tracks is a change, if people don't like it we won't do it going forward. I am trying new things to see what works and what people like. Luckily both of these tracks are pretty short. I am trying to pick tracks that people are not "burnt out" on as well...Bikernieki is probably new to most people. :)

I am the newbie, so I am probably the exception. I only raced on a couple of tracks before doing the online races. So, basically, I had to learn and practice a new track for the past two races - which is not a bad thing BTW. Learning two in a week is not impossible, just takes more time and perseverance :)

I have added a bit of experimental ballast to the following cars. Let me know what you think about the BOP with the following ballast.It will likely change before the race with more testing. The practice servers are up, I will be in there testing tonight around 2230 EST come join me in TS!

Ginetta G55 - 50kg
Porsche Cayman - 25kg
Maserati - 0kg

Last edited:
Put me down for the Porsche, please!

First time on Bikernieke - nice track! I've run many laps on Okoyama before, in various sims. That doesn't mean that I'm fast though - only that I know where to turn (usually)......:laugh:

Hey Scott, from my experience, with tc and abs being available with the Mazza we found that no BoP was needed for the Porsche. I will say that at places like Monza, the Porsche will have the upper hand. When we ran there, 1st 2nd and 3rd were all Cayman's and the drivers weren't our quickest guys. Not knocking anyone's talent, but the Porsche is just so much sleeker than than the Mazza. Top speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddd.

50kg on the Ginetta is what I've used in the past when running it with the other 2 and it's close.

It's really pretty simple. First you'll go to simresults.net
Next, you hit browse:
Capture 1.JPG

Next you'll be prompted where to look. It will most likely be C:\Users\Name of your PC\Documents\Assetto Corsa\out and you'll select this file: race_out.json
Capture 2.jpg

Next, you just hit: Get Results
Capture 3.JPG

You'll notice that I've highlighted, circled the Warning message. Very important to understand that each time a session is over and a new session starts, the last session is gone forever. If you get out of the game after the race and watch the replay before loading the race_out.json file, it will be overwritten as well. Since the race session ended last night and rolled back to practice, this is what my results looked like:
Capture 4.JPG

The main things you need to know about this are 1, hit the green button before sharing and 2, you see the little red line that I put beside Practice with the arrow pointing to it, this is where you'll see another tab called Race. Here are my results from another race so you can see an example:
Capture 5.JPG

You can hit the race tab and you'll see a drop down menu like this and look at a lot of different things.
Capture 6.JPG

Hope this helps.

Wow, thanks Bobby for the awesome info! I am going to check that out.

I was actually trying to figure out the qualifying times, race time etc, and what all the numbers mean on my display while I was racing (LOL) - not after the race. No worries, everyone. I was only sharing that I aimed to learn a new aspect of Assetto Corsa every week. I don't have a lot of time so my goal is to learn a little bit each bit. This week is to figure out what all the numbers on my HUD mean and if it is possible to see the qualifying and current track times while in the game. Next week I might learn and play with tuning my car.

Wow, thanks Bobby for the awesome info! I am going to check that out.

I was actually trying to figure out the qualifying times, race time etc, and what all the numbers mean on my display while I was racing (LOL) - not after the race. No worries, everyone. I was only sharing that I aimed to learn a new aspect of Assetto Corsa every week. I don't have a lot of time so my goal is to learn a little bit each bit. This week is to figure out what all the numbers on my HUD mean and if it is possible to see the qualifying and current track times while in the game. Next week I might learn and play with tuning my car.
First thing you should do its watch replay of us racing whit on board cameras to see what we are doing and what are the line and braking point on the track.

Dont do tuning until your about 1 sec of us... You will not feel the difference. AC basic set up are good. Just play whit fuel and tires pression for now.

Better keep the same car for testing. You will learn how is reacting and your times will soon be better!

First thing you should do its watch replay of us racing whit on board cameras to see what we are doing and what are the line and braking point on the track.

Dont do tuning until your about 1 sec of us... You will not feel the difference. AC basic set up are good. Just play whit fuel and tires pression for now.

Better keep the same car for testing. You will learn how is reacting and your times will soon be better!

Thanks for the tips. I am not trying to tune the car to go faster actually. In the last race, the Porsche kept sliding out under me after certain turns. Does tuning help with that or is it only for going faster? I see other drivers going faster around the corner than me but doesn't slide out like I do. I was thinking maybe I need to tune my car?

Focus on lowering your lap time with out tuning and you will likely slide less as you learn where you need to brake early to facilitate getting on the throttle early. This is the most common learning hurdle I see with people in sim racing. You gotta go slow to go fast! Being late on the brakes really hurts lap times and forces one to over drive the car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%