RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really beginning not to like R3E - this is the second time the game has frozen/locked-up/crashed during the switch-over from Qualifying to the Race itself.

What's the point of spending the time in Practice and Qualy to then not get into the "Main Event"?!! :mad:

I've never had an issue with freezing/crashing. Like has been said, it's more than likely that your trying to run at too high a graphics setting that the card can cope with. Try turning graphic settings down.

Thanks for the race all, it was great to be part of a busy session, full of nice, friendly folks!
My tyres went off quite badly, towards the end of the race but it was great fun nonetheless :)

My apologies to the driver I rear ended braking for the first corner!

Hope to see you all soon and thanks for making me feel so welcome :)

Glad to have you onboard Ivan, don't worry about the contact, i'm sure it will only be a suspended sentence first time lol

We could have the first 3 in race one start from the back of the grid, so no qualifying for race 2, or even the top 5. Could make race 2 really exciting.

I've never had an issue with freezing/crashing. Like has been said, it's more than likely that your trying to run at too high a graphics setting that the card can cope with. Try turning graphic settings down.
It hasn't happened every time, and I'd be pretty miffed if it does turn out to be gfx related - I'm running a GTX980Ti (so I can enjoy the gfx on offer!).

It hasn't happened every time, and I'd be pretty miffed if it does turn out to be gfx related - I'm running a GTX980Ti (so I can enjoy the gfx on offer!).

Well it's definitely not a card issue, i'm running the same card, what is your internet connection like? Are you connecting to the monitor via Display Port? What CPU? How much RAM? Could be a data bottle neck somewhere. Does it only happen online?

Well, happy to start a race as a newcomer till... I pressed "ESC" between qualy and race and couldn´t enter again... Grrrrr...(things I have to learn XD), and for the second race I joined the server but a bit late to enter to the qualy, so finally no racing for me yesterday, dough I left the TS opened and heard the good ambient of this races.

Interesting the proposals seen of how to organize a league or how to give to everyone far from the podium a chance to race "for something". I entered yesterday in the Spa server to practice a little bit for Sunday and was completely empty. Practice close with other drivers I find is a must (at least in my level) because the bracking references change a whole world from being alone on the track from having another racer just some meters in front of you where you "can´t see" most of your references, hence why many times we (or I) are/am the kings of the road while alone but in group we mess it up somehow.

I´ll try to be next Sunday at Spa, I already have bought the plane tickets and the truck with the car is almost half-way to the circuit ;)

I'm not an Alien by any means, though the missus would probably not agree lol but i'm willing to go on track with people and show them braking points I use and lines etc and I can dance around your car so you can get used to having other cars around you, maybe get a few people together and have a server for this sometime. It's really off putting having cars trying to overtake you all the time, it took me a while to get used to it without making a lot of mistakes, or going off track.

Put me down as a maybe again, I'll try and make it. My internet has been much better since I got the line profile changed, that and make sure my daughter isn't on YouTube (yeah fail shawn no wonder you had lag last week...)

Well it's definitely not a card issue, i'm running the same card, what is your internet connection like? Are you connecting to the monitor via Display Port? What CPU? How much RAM? Could be a data bottle neck somewhere. Does it only happen online?

Just had a look round; it appears that this is a more widespread issue:
Sector3 Support Forum Posting Link
(Note that these crash reports are *after* the Dec 15 patch that supposedly fixed this/a similar issue, so it's still happening).

So, looks like a bug (whether it's client-side or a server issue remains to be seen...).

Well, happy to start a race as a newcomer till... I pressed "ESC" between qualy and race and couldn´t enter again... Grrrrr...(things I have to learn XD), and for the second race I joined the server but a bit late to enter to the qualy, so finally no racing for me yesterday, dough I left the TS opened and heard the good ambient of this races.

Interesting the proposals seen of how to organize a league or how to give to everyone far from the podium a chance to race "for something". I entered yesterday in the Spa server to practice a little bit for Sunday and was completely empty. Practice close with other drivers I find is a must (at least in my level) because the bracking references change a whole world from being alone on the track from having another racer just some meters in front of you where you "can´t see" most of your references, hence why many times we (or I) are/am the kings of the road while alone but in group we mess it up somehow.

I´ll try to be next Sunday at Spa, I already have bought the plane tickets and the truck with the car is almost half-way to the circuit ;)
Best way to learn the track is to use the leaderboard mate, I usually pick someone to challenge about mid list in the same car I am planning to drive and then once I beat them pick someone faster and do this over and over until I hit my max (my own personal goal is usually to be the quickest Aussie :D)

Once you've spent a fair bit of time in leaderboard its a good idea to hit the track alone, trailing another car become 2nd nature that I've actually found myself to be a lot slower initially when I first do a solo run. Takes alot of concentration to keep focus on an empty track instead of having the hunter mentality. (Initial D covers this alot lol)

Happy racing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline