RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, we will always have someone finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... club race or not. So the will to compete will always be there, otherwise we wouldn't have these accidental pile ups. :laugh:

How about something that is in the competitive spirit, but promotes more controlled driving within the skill level of each driver?

Everyone does their quali times.

During the races, the people who's race pace (average) is closest to their quali times
We recognize Most Consistent drivers as an additional 1st, 2nd, 3rd.....

1) You have to drive more controlled to be consistent to get close to your own laptimes.
2) For people of all skill levels
3) Need to manage spacing to run consistent lap times. (not bunch up in traffic)
4) Doesn't matter how your car is set up.
5) I've been in last place on the first lap after 2 races - actually 3 races :whistling:
It gives us backmarkers something to concentrate on other than driving out of control trying to catch back up.

Could you imagine the battles on track?
You trying to run your pace, the guy in front just a tenth slower, so do you pass?
If so where? Passing would need to be done clean and in the safest areas so you don't lose or gain too much time.

Same with letting a faster driver by. The fastest drivers should drive around you, rather than a slower driver pulling over losing huge amounts of time and creating an accordion effect.
Of course, there are areas where there are exceptions.

As many of us become better drivers with this consistency, our speed will pick up...hopefully we all become better drivers and manage traffic alittle better than riding someone's bumper until they outbrake themselves and your cars are mating like mosquitos. :roflmao:

We could start 2 laps into the race to give time for cars to "string out" on track and get manageable spacing. Or from the beginning....making it harder for people to try and take advantage by driving too slow.

One last thing... since the game doesn't tell you your lap time, every lap, some of it will be seat of the pants feeling on whether you're going too fast or too slow to match your previous lap times.
So drivers need to concentrate on being smooth rather than comparing lap time after lap time.

Any of us can charge out and overshoot a corner and crash.
How many of us can drive the same speed through that corner over and over and be in control?
Not me. :rolleyes: Obviously....:roflmao:

Mr. @JayS , who did you lose to? (Judging by the standings, sounds like you raced) :p

Hey mate, first raced I got a disconnect during I lead the race with 10s :( and in second race I started from behind without any quali lap, so with the more tyre deg. my tyres were down when I arrived at the front spots. So, don't worry Lorenzo. :DDD

Anyway fastest laps and speed was for sure available - but at Hungary to pass is always difficult.
Enjoyed the event! :)

Just to add re:track limits and to make it fair for eveyone, the two areas that I find where advantages can be gained are as follows

Eau Rouge
eau-rouge.jpg

Really hit the left hand rumblestrip as tight as you can going into it, this should enable you to carry as much speed as possible through the right hander without straight lining it and coping yourself a penalty, can be taken flat out with default setup if you get the line right.

The second area is

blanchimont
08-blanchimont.jpg

Note the green astroturf between the two corners, pretty much consider this race track (seems wrong I know), if you push out as wide as you can here without going onto the actual grass and then corner early enough to hit the apex, again you can hold this flat out without running too wide coming out of the corner.

Hopefully this is handy information for all, not sure we can really enforce not using these areas so this way I believe it's fair for everyone :)

Just be aware that in both those places, trying to take them flat-out is a high-risk/high-gain maneuver.
Both of them are possible, but if you get it wrong in Eau Rouge that is something you will regret for the rest of your severely truncated life. :roflmao:
Blanchimont is a little more forgiving, but if you end up past the astroturf on exit, you won't have any grip, and hit that inside kerb at the wrong angle, and that'll really ruin your day.

So if you think it's worth the risk, by all means try it.
Just don't say I didn't warn ya. :D

First, we will always have someone finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... club race or not. So the will to compete will always be there, otherwise we wouldn't have these accidental pile ups. :laugh:

How about something that is in the competitive spirit, but promotes more controlled driving within the skill level of each driver?

Everyone does their quali times.

During the races, the people who's race pace (average) is closest to their quali times
We recognize Most Consistent drivers as an additional 1st, 2nd, 3rd.....

1) You have to drive more controlled to be consistent to get close to your own laptimes.
2) For people of all skill levels
3) Need to manage spacing to run consistent lap times. (not bunch up in traffic)
4) Doesn't matter how your car is set up.
5) I've been in last place on the first lap after 2 races - actually 3 races :whistling:
It gives us backmarkers something to concentrate on other than driving out of control trying to catch back up.

Could you imagine the battles on track?
You trying to run your pace, the guy in front just a tenth slower, so do you pass?
If so where? Passing would need to be done clean and in the safest areas so you don't lose or gain too much time.

Same with letting a faster driver by. The fastest drivers should drive around you, rather than a slower driver pulling over losing huge amounts of time and creating an accordion effect.
Of course, there are areas where there are exceptions.

As many of us become better drivers with this consistency, our speed will pick up...hopefully we all become better drivers and manage traffic alittle better than riding someone's bumper until they outbrake themselves and your cars are mating like mosquitos. :roflmao:

We could start 2 laps into the race to give time for cars to "string out" on track and get manageable spacing. Or from the beginning....making it harder for people to try and take advantage by driving too slow.

One last thing... since the game doesn't tell you your lap time, every lap, some of it will be seat of the pants feeling on whether you're going too fast or too slow to match your previous lap times.
So drivers need to concentrate on being smooth rather than comparing lap time after lap time.

Any of us can charge out and overshoot a corner and crash.
How many of us can drive the same speed through that corner over and over and be in control?
Not me. :rolleyes: Obviously....:roflmao:
That sounds like a good idea as does the one from @Andy Jackson.
I will see what Race Control says but would not hold out much hope considering the previous issues.
Club races are for friendly racing, that's why we don't even publish results or lap times etc. Leagues must be sponsored and broadcast which at the moment is beyond the game's or my capabilities.
Make no mistake we would love to run a small championship and have proved that it can be done without any animosity between participants, but we had to be mainly off piste to do it.

That sounds like a good idea as does the one from @Andy Jackson.
I will see what Race Control says but would not hold out much hope considering the previous issues.
Club races are for friendly racing, that's why we don't even publish results or lap times etc. Leagues must be sponsored and broadcast which at the moment is beyond the game's or my capabilities.
Make no mistake we would love to run a small championship and have proved that it can be done without any animosity between participants, but we had to be mainly off piste to do it.

we don't want to roll this out to all games on RD its just for us so why not do a poll if everyone agrees then its ok, if even one person says no then it doesn't happen.

If its yes from all you will at least have some leverage against the powers that be.

Well, I did surprisingly well considering that I had just the one lap during qually to practice on. Second race was a straight crash, unfortunately.

One thing I do notice is that in whatever R3E race I partake in I am always much faster off the line then the people around me. I tend to start by putting the throttle in what I consider to be the halfway spot and then drop the cluth, subsequently alternating the throttle to find the best traction.

we don't want to roll this out to all games on RD its just for us so why not do a poll if everyone agrees then its ok, if even one person says no then it doesn't happen.

If its yes from all you will at least have some leverage against the powers that be.
RD is not a democracy, and I would not like to damage the club. We seem to be managing to have fun racing so maybe we should just hold on to that for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back