AC GT3's @ Algarve/Portimao - Sun 28th July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My VR froze, I asked if anyone on TS could hear me but once I heard no reply my screen turned black and my PC shut itself off, but somehow it was well enough to turn itself back on again straight after. My heart just sank and I sat there for a good 10 or so seconds in disbelief. I couldn’t believe how it all went so tits up within a click of the fingers...

I was really enjoying the race. I qualified second and got ahead of Chris at the start. He wasn’t easy to pull away from, I knew that he was a fast McLaren driver (I recognised his name him from YouTube) so was always going to up my game, our lap times were very similar and I was driving on the limit.

Gutted...devastated...heartbroken, you name it....Oh well, I’m off to cry myself to sleep. :D

As always thanks for organising the race, hope you all had a good one, i’ll see you next time :thumbsup:

My VR froze, I asked if anyone on TS could hear me but once I heard no reply my screen turned black and my PC shut itself off, but somehow it was well enough to turn itself back on again straight after. My heart just sank and I sat there for a good 10 or so seconds in disbelief. I couldn’t believe how it all went so tits up within a click of the fingers...

I was really enjoying the race. I qualified second and got ahead of Chris at the start. He wasn’t easy to pull away from, I knew that he was a fast McLaren driver (I recognised his name him from YouTube) so was always going to up my game, our lap times were very similar and I was driving on the limit.

Gutted...devastated...heartbroken, you name it....Oh well, I’m off to cry myself to sleep. :D

As always thanks for organising the race, hope you all had a good one, i’ll see you next time :thumbsup:

That sucks man, I've also had my VR do that before so I know how you feel :( The only thing that fixed it for me was reinstalling the graphics card drivers from scratch (even the same version, so I guess some config or something got screwed up).

Was really looking forward to a good race with you, not often I get mugged off the line so knew we were in for a good fight :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting this on tonight @Joel, absolutely love this track:thumbsup: Surprised more didn't turn up, but it's summer, and unpredictable:coffee:

Congrats to the podium finishers as always, and commiserations to @TheLeftPanel Archie, was looking forward to watching a replay with you guys battling it out;)

Apologies to you @GEO147 George for the spin early on - totally my fault and hope it didn't spoil your race too much.:(

Thanks for putting this on tonight @Joel, absolutely love this track:thumbsup: Surprised more didn't turn up, but it's summer, and unpredictable:coffee:

Congrats to the podium finishers as always, and commiserations to @TheLeftPanel Archie, was looking forward to watching a replay with you guys battling it out;)

Apologies to you @GEO147 George for the spin early on - totally my fault and hope it didn't spoil your race too much.:(

No worries John :thumbsup:

Ended up bumping @Medilloni on lap 1...cardinal sin I know, wasn't trying to divebomb, just braked a little later accidentally. We both managed to claw our way back up the field and was battling with him and @Raresch for most of the race. What I learned from this race: work on being laser focused until the checkered flag no matter what...I was pushing hard to make sure Chris didn't lap me, and I almost made it. I got distracted when the timer said "leader is on final lap", because I thought this was a +1 lap race so my brain had a "Huh." moment...right at the braking zone for that last uphill corner :(...braked too late and went sailing off, so I got lapped anyways...and then John got by me right at the end because I somehow thought he was Joel in 2nd and didn't want to ruin his race on re-entry.

Great race overall, looking forward to GT3 @ Bathurst if that's what we're doing...did the exact same config in R3E last week, lots of fun.

Ended up bumping @Medilloni on lap 1...cardinal sin I know, wasn't trying to divebomb, just braked a little later accidentally. We both managed to claw our way back up the field and was battling with him and @Raresch for most of the race. What I learned from this race: work on being laser focused until the checkered flag no matter what...I was pushing hard to make sure Chris didn't lap me, and I almost made it. I got distracted when the timer said "leader is on final lap", because I thought this was a +1 lap race so my brain had a "Huh." moment...right at the braking zone for that last uphill corner :(...braked too late and went sailing off, so I got lapped anyways...and then John got by me right at the end because I somehow thought he was Joel in 2nd and didn't want to ruin his race on re-entry.

Great race overall, looking forward to GT3 @ Bathurst if that's what we're doing...did the exact same config in R3E last week, lots of fun.
No worries Brandon, and thank you for stopping, really appreciated it:thumbsup:

I got all excited catching Patrick near the end - I guess his tyres had gone from watching the times close down, then realised I was going to run out of fuel with 2 laps to go so had to do a splash 'n dash - legacy of no practice is my excuse - so I was surprised to see you at the end, like you I was trying not to be lapped. I'll ask for a car the same colour as Joel's next time:p:roflmao:

Nightmare for me lads. I had a different Algarve circuit resource, only realised this when i tried joining the server. This tracks elevation is completely different, the 3 to last corner i couldn't even spot lol. No practice, no qualifying, I saw everyone was on mediums so used them and guessed how much fuel. Started last and that was the best place for me so I could learn the track but I just couldn't spot my braking points, and learning them in race was tough. I moved up two places but then binned it, then had a great battle with @Craig Dunkley when I caught up again. Pitted thought I'd try softs but they overheated and I binned it again and again..........then I am ashamed to say it.........I quit :(

All because I was watching the F1 highlights and I thought......I know the circuit so I'll be fine lol. Roll on the next one.

No worries Brandon, and thank you for stopping, really appreciated it:thumbsup:

I got all excited catching Patrick near the end - I guess his tyres had gone from watching the times close down, then realised I was going to run out of fuel with 2 laps to go so had to do a splash 'n dash - legacy of no practice is my excuse - so I was surprised to see you at the end, like you I was trying not to be lapped. I'll ask for a car the same colour as Joel's next time:p:roflmao:

I used two sets of mediums, so I can't blame the tyres. I was tired before (work) I started the race and my concentration levels dropped around the hour mark. I could also see that you were starting to rein me in after the (first) pit stop and up until the last ten minutes I thought I could hold you off. Unfortunately I lost my concentration when I unexpectedly caught up to Craig - I didn't break 1.45 throughout the whole race so I wasn't expecting to see anyone (& for most of the race I didn't). Once I'd lost my focus I struggled to get it back, & I kept making lots of silly mistakes. It's a shame that you had to do another pit stop, you were much quicker than me.

Joel - I was a bit disappointed not to finish my last lap. I got about three quarters around the course when I was thrown back in to the pits. Is it possible to adjust the allowable lap time after the checkered flag?

I used two sets of mediums, so I can't blame the tyres. I was tired before (work) I started the race and my concentration levels dropped around the hour mark. I could also see that you were starting to rein me in after the (first) pit stop and up until the last ten minutes I thought I could hold you off. Unfortunately I lost my concentration when I unexpectedly caught up to Craig - I didn't break 1.45 throughout the whole race so I wasn't expecting to see anyone (& for most of the race I didn't). Once I'd lost my focus I struggled to get it back, & I kept making lots of silly mistakes. It's a shame that you had to do another pit stop, you were much quicker than me.

Joel - I was a bit disappointed not to finish my last lap. I got about three quarters around the course when I was thrown back in to the pits. Is it possible to adjust the allowable lap time after the checkered flag?
Sorry man, I have forgot to adjust it, totally my bad :cry:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years