AC GT3 @ Zandvoort - Sunday 31st January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I’m glad I have got this race out of the way, this circuit hates me as Much as I hate it. :(
Trying to keep this 911 on the track was so difficult, every lap I nearly lost it somewhere, sometimes twice a lap.
Great race though, congrats to well deserved podiums, and @Chris Down for
all his efforts.
And a special thanks to all who helped me past,

and of course a respectful nod to all the 911 drivers.:)

PS
Really enjoyed overtaking @RasmuP, I am sure he will get this own back soon.
:roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
and of course a respectful nod to all the 911 drivers.:)

Haha, I always give them a wave on track.

Oh, and I didn't run your setup Ernie so it could still just be setup, not me ;)

Edit: @Chris Down and others, is it possible to put results into something where we can look back at all the races as a series or something? I'd love to be able to look back and easily see my best finish etc.

Last edited:
No No No not Laguna Seca, hasn’t Zandvoort been bad enough.

195B1C04-7E2C-49D8-B244-9849AC4F2CD6.jpeg

Intense race! Didnt had much time to practice during the week cause my freaking up-shift pedal broke on me And I was only able to fix it properly by Friday.

So I was happy to qualify in 12th position. And could defend the spot in the first corner. Had some good laps with @hape until his rear decided to overtake his front. But really no time to relax cause @Luca Badin was still in striking range. After Pits I moved down to 15th and was able to get back up to 10th. @Kek700 used his unfair corner exit acceleration power against my poor little BMW to overtake.
One little mistake after that and I spun before the chicane... Down to 16th. Fought back to 14th but was way to far behind to really push for more. Luckily for me @RasmusP and @thom462 dont know what social distancing is and I could gain one position in the last lap. Side by side with Rasmus before the last two corners I first thought he let me pass but nope he run out of fuel.
So finished 12th like I started. Pretty difficult track that needs way more practice then I could give it.

See you all next week.

Last edited:
Really intens race. Qualified 7th which was very good considering all guys in front of me are normally much faster.
Had a good start in which I could gain one place. For a couple of laps I was under pressure of @thom462 but I could hold out until he got overtaken by @Axel Moebius . He came close but in the last laps of the first stint he lost a bit of pace (you were on softs?). After the pitstop I was back to 14th and got a bit hold up so Axel could come close again after his pitstop. After a mistake by me he could pass and the rest of the race I tried to hold him under pressure and hope for a mistake. But he showed genuine swiss solidity so no chance. Finished where I started but very glad to be cheered by the crowd for being the fastest dutchman!

A difficult track but I hope everyone enjoyed it though. Thanks @Chris Down for organising and to all for joining.
Special thanks to the new guys! You did great on the blue flags!

BTW: first 5 all McLaren

Last edited:
Feels good to breathe again! Wow, what a race.

Had a wicked start and wanted to applaud everyone going into T1. It was magic and quite refreshing to see on such a difficult corner/start. Sorry, @UHF79 for wrecking and taking you with me...should have been more conservative going into T7 - T8. The battle on subsequent laps was a blast so thanks for the great racing. A shame to see you go off @JamKart22 I was looking forward to the battle in the later stages of the race.

@Partick Eaton was I the cause for your spin in the middle of the race? I saw you behind going into T1 but as I cleared the turn a quick glance in the mirror saw you spinning into the gravel. I didn't feel anything (tap or otherwise) and assumed not...sorry if it was.

A great appreciation must be given to the faster guys that lapped me. Glad the timing worked out and clean overtakes could be facilitated. :thumbsup:

Overall, a great race and gaining six places is a new personal best! Everything's coming up, Milhouse!

Have a great week and catch ya'll on the flip-flop! :cool:

Last edited:
Qualified 17 and finished 17 so not too bad really considering i took a punt early on. Felt comfortable in the ferrari again. Sorry to @hape for squeezing you wide in T1 late on. I thought the gap was there when you ran so wide... The mclaren really digs in and shuts the door which shouldn't have caught me by surprise. I came off alot worse anyway. Luckily P18 was a long way of as my tyres were about to fall apart at that stage.

See you all next week hopefully :thumbsup:

PS
Really enjoyed overtaking @RasmuP, I am sure he will get this own back soon.
:roflmao::roflmao:
Yeah that was super hard for you on your softs and me exiting the pits on my used, ice cold mediums that were almost red :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I really tried to fight you but absolutely no chance haha.
I then tried to stick with you and maybe hope for a mistake but you just pulled away. Nice pace man! :thumbsup:
Is Laguna Seca any good in AC?
Well it was the last officially launched track from Kunos, laserscanned and everything so yeah, probably one of the best Laguna Seca versions ever created :cool:
Side by side with Rasmus before the last two corners I first thought he let me pass but nope he run out of fuel.
You thought what? Did I look like I would do this after keeping Thomas behind, slowly getting him to become insane and trying to get past Luca but hitting him in the rear? :whistling:

But yeah my fuel flow decided to be a nice chap in the end and just let you 3 guys by...

Which brings me to:

Did anybody ever have the bug where the keyboard arrows, wheel joystick and everything else you can use to change pit strategy won't respond at all anymore?!
I knew only refuelling 1L would be very very close but couldn't change it..
Spinning and rejoining was enough to not getting me over the line...

Thanks @Henri Sinik for pushing me to the finish. :inlove:
Sadly the fade came before the line so I'm "+1 Lap" in the results...

Last edited:
Feels good to breathe again! Wow, what a race.

Had a wicked start and wanted to applaud everyone going into T1. It was magic and quite refreshing to see on such a difficult corner/start. Sorry, @UHF79 for wrecking and taking you with me...should have been more conservative going into T7 - T8. The battle on subsequent laps was a blast so thanks for the great racing. A shame to see you go off @JamKart22 I was looking forward to the battle in the later stages of the race.

@Partick Eaton was I the cause for your spin in the middle of the race? I saw you behind going into T1 but as I cleared the turn a quick glance in the mirror saw you spinning into the gravel. I didn't feel anything (tap or otherwise) and assumed not...sorry if it was.

A great appreciation must be given to the faster guys that lapped me. Glad the timing worked out and clean overtakes could be facilitated. :thumbsup:

Overall, a great race and gaining six places is a new personal best! Everything's coming up, Milhouse!

Have a great week and catch ya'll on the flip-flop! :cool:
Hey Logan, any spins I had today where my own doing. Just couldn't keep on track for more than about 5 laps. :(

Qualified 17 and finished 17 so not too bad really considering i took a punt early on. Felt comfortable in the ferrari again. Sorry to @hape for squeezing you wide in T1 late on. I thought the gap was there when you ran so wide... The mclaren really digs in and shuts the door which shouldn't have caught me by surprise. I came off alot worse anyway. Luckily P18 was a long way of as my tyres were about to fall apart at that stage.

See you all next week hopefully :thumbsup:
Hey Brian I think I bumped you when I lost my rear end on turn one. Sorry (again):unsure:

@Luca Badin
I've read about this years ago but it never really hit me until today:

When you're following someone at 360 kph with a gap of 0.1s, you will travel 100 m/s so the gap is 100 m/s * 0,1s = 10m.
When you brake at the same spot and decelerate to 120 kph, the gap will still be 0,1s but it will only be 33 m/s * 0,1s = 3m.

Depending on how big the cars are, you're going to hit the car in front.

Anyway, when I touched your rear, I was travelling 218 kph. Gap was 0,2s.
When we touched, my speed was 91 kph.
That's 5,05m gap and your Audi R8 GT3 is 4583 mm long.
Realtime rounds a little bit so it was definitely this.

That's why I instantly used the F-word... I instantly knew how stupid I was :p

Sorry for it in any case!!

@thom462 I had a look at it and I'd say it's a 50/50. You went a bit "wide" and I didn't want to keep it wide...
Thanks for waiting! :inlove:
1612134837796.png

Big sorry @Marko77 !! When rejoining I had Thomas big and fat on the left side of my mirror and due to the adrenaline I somehow thought I'd need to go right to let the car on the left through...
Guess my brain was already melted.

Luckily I didn't cause an accident for you!

Last edited:
@Luca Badin
I've read about this years ago but it never really hit me until today:

When you're following someone at 360 kph with a gap of 0.1s, you will travel 100 m/s so the gap is 100 m/s * 0,1s = 10m.
When you brake at the same spot and decelerate to 120 kph, the gap will still be 0,1s but it will only be 33 m/s * 0,1s = 3m.

Depending on how big the cars are, you're going to hit the car in front.

Anyway, when I touched your rear, I was travelling 218 kph. Gap was 0,2s.
When we touched, my speed was 91 kph.
That's 5,05m gap and your Audi R8 GT3 is 4583 mm long.

That's why I instantly used the F-word... I instantly knew how stupid I was :p

Sorry for it in any case!!

@thom462 I had a look at it and I'd say it's a 50/50. You went a bit "wide" and I didn't want to keep it wide...
Thanks for waiting! :inlove:
View attachment 441349

Big sorry @maro77 !! When rejoining I had Thomas big and fat on the left side of my mirror and due to the adrenaline I somehow thought I'd need to go right to let the car on the left through...
Guess my brain was already melted.

Luckily I didn't cause an accident for you!
If that was meant for me, appreciate it and no biggie I made it by. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back