AC GT3 @ Zandvoort - Sunday 31st January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is anybody on practice tonight? I'll be free if anybody wants to practice together.
I’m typically on around 7-8pm PST. I noticed you on last night...hope it went well. :thumbsup: I always forget to scan the chat in the pits so apologies if you’ve tried to say something and I didn’t respond.

Does anybody know if there's a way to increase the size of the UI? I'm playing in 4k and the UI is very small!
Do you mean the app boxes? For example the tyre or real time apps. If this is what you are referring to there are two sets of arrows to the left of the tack/pin icon that scale the windows up or down.

I’m typically on around 7-8pm PST. I noticed you on last night...hope it went well. :thumbsup: I always forget to scan the chat in the pits so apologies if you’ve tried to say something and I didn’t respond.

Do you mean the app boxes? For example the tyre or real time apps. If this is what you are referring to there are two sets of arrows to the left of the tack/pin icon that scale the windows up or down.
Hey I saw you too. Good job.

I mean the actual GUI - not only apps. It's so small and difficult to use @ 4K. I could play in 1080, but it can cause graphic issues if I alt-tab. Not a big deal though :)

I mean the actual GUI - not only apps. It's so small and difficult to use @ 4K. I could play in 1080, but it can cause graphic issues if I alt-tab. Not a big deal though :)
There is an option somewhere to ignore the windows scaling. I found it sort of helped, but since I run in VR now it's not something I have to deal with anymore as I use an old monitor with the rig instead

Good to see I wasn't the only one needing a compass last night! I found just diving straight across T12 and 13 was pretty quick. Might just raise the ride height a little and stick with those lines :)

Fingers crossed for a tightly packed midfield. I can see this track forcing far more errors though so maybe not.

Z4 please!
Chris good evening Sign me up with the Porsche 911 R
Thanks
I will run the z4 please Chris. Thank you
i'm in 650S
I am in on this one! 650s please Chris
Count me in with the 650s please Chris .
I’ll give the 911 a go please @Chris Down :)

PS
not the one above. :unsure:

Welcome folks!

View attachment 439459
by filnove on Flickr: link

I've just heard that the Dutch are rioting in the streets because we didn't run GT3 at Zandvoort in years. I've told @HF2000 that as long as he puts the molotov cocktail down and leaves @Bertje's bicycle alone, we'll run it this week. Also, contractually I now love Max Verstappen, gouda cheese, and clogs. Come join us for 60 minutes of racing action!

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Zandvoort OSRW (download here)
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (60 minutes)

Entry list:

1. Chris Down - 650s (event host)
  2. doof205 - 911
  3. JamKart22 - GT-R
  4. uvraver - 650s
  5. random2k4 - Z4
  6. HF2000 - 488
  7. RasmusP - 488
  8. Interslice - 488
  9. UHF79 - 650s
  10. Luca Badin - R8
  11. boomRoasted - SCG
  12. neesve - 650s
  13. Goblin616 - AMG
  14. Partick Eaton - Z4
  15. garyb 76 - 911
  16. Fiberoptix - Z4
  17. hape - 650s
  18. Bertje - 650s
  19. pattikins - 650s
  20. Kek700 - 911
  21. SOLO59 - R8
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot
  26. Free slot
  27. Free slot
  28. Free slot
  29. Free slot
  30. Free slot
  31. Free slot
  32. Free slot
  33. Free slot
  34. Free slot
  35. Free slot
UTP#2
Hi Chris. Getting back in this week with the 650s. Had to recover from the C19 thing. Luckily not too bad a go of it. Thank you.

Hi Chris. Getting back in this week with the 650s. Had to recover from the C19 thing. Luckily not too bad a go of it. Thank you.
Good to see you back, Mark. Glad your bout of Covid wasn't serious. :) This is a heck of a track to come with, as Frank (Goblin) said, we're going to bump, jump, and jive at Zandvoort!

Last edited:
Good to see you back, Mark. Glad your bout of Covid wasn't serious. :) This is a heck of a track to come with, as Frank (Goblin) said, we're going to bump, jump, and jive at Zandvoort!

I actually like this track. It reminds of some of the bog roads here in ireland.

I made the first quick track guide video on this track in the caterhams.. The context of the forum at the time was how to use the lumps, dips and bumps to turn the car as the default setup was mad for understeer, but also kept the car stable for us non aliens. I had a drive on it in a gt3 car tonight for the first time tonight and it still feels relevant.

Pity for all the new lads joining that the monday and wednesday night stuff isn't going at the moment. I was constantly referring back to all the things i learned in the caterham back last year.

Last edited:
I actually like this track. It reminds of some of the bog roads here in ireland.

I made the first quick track guide video on this track in the caterhams.. The context of the forum at the time was how to use the lumps, dips and bumps turn the car as the default setup was mad for understeer and kept the car stable for us non aliens. I had a drive on it in a gt3 car tonight for the first time tonight and it still feels relevant.

Pity for all the new lads joining that the monday and wednesday night stuff isn't going at the moment. I was constantly referring back to all the things i learned in the caterham back last year.

Thanks. Useful watch having never been on this track before.

I made the first quick track guide video on this track in the caterhams.. The context of the forum at the time was how to use the lumps, dips and bumps to turn the car as the default setup was mad for understeer, but also kept the car stable for us non aliens. I had a drive on it in a gt3 car tonight for the first time tonight and it still feels relevant.

I do too! The narrowness and the technicality is quite fun and a welcome challenge. I lost track of time last night in practice because of it. Thanks for sharing the video, it was quite helpful as I recognized I've been taking T8 and T14 too tight and need a later apex.

"Brake at the 100...you'll end up in the grass if you miss it...see?" :roflmao:

I do too! The narrowness and the technicality is quite fun and a welcome challenge. I lost track of time last night in practice because of it. Thanks for sharing the video, it was quite helpful as I recognized I've been taking T8 and T14 too tight and need a later apex.

"Brake at the 100...you'll end up in the grass if you miss it...see?" :roflmao:

Turn 8 is a lovely corner. I was messing about with it earlier on. I was trying braking slightly early, before the brow of the hill, to get into the kerb tight and on the power early and also tested braking a touch after the brow to go into it a bit later. The late braker was getting dodgy on the worn tyres but I'm not sure whats quicker!

It's a hyponotic sort of track. A bit like a bumpy okayama, it has a nice rhythm to it. Its very high tempo in these cars is the only thing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back