AC GT3 @ Zandvoort OSRW - Sun 24th March 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey @Craig Dunkley Craig, thanks for putting on tonight's race, really enjoyed it :) Just wondering how the hell will I cope with 'senior moments' for next week's 90 min race, do we get a nap break?:laugh:

Congrats to @demetri Dmitry for the win and @Aksu Aki ....but, damn your sneaky strategies! :p:roflmao:

Happy with my result but there were a few Aliens missing, so I'll keep my feet on the ground:laugh:

Really felt for @r!ver_cz Tomas with the 'off' on the first lap, your lap times were brilliant and deserved a better result.

HEY, I didn't finish last :)

Has anyone loaded Bathurst? I dl and tried to install 3 times.... One of them worked , kinda...
the track has sky poking through in the ditches? Something is not right.
Anyone else have issues?

Hey @Craig Dunkley Craig, thanks for putting on tonight's race, really enjoyed it :) Just wondering how the hell will I cope with 'senior moments' for next week's 90 min race, do we get a nap break?:laugh:

Congrats to @demetri Dmitry for the win and @Aksu Aki ....but, damn your sneaky strategies! :p:roflmao:

Happy with my result but there were a few Aliens missing, so I'll keep my feet on the ground:laugh:

Really felt for @r!ver_cz Tomas with the 'off' on the first lap, your lap times were brilliant and deserved a better result.

Thanks @Medilloni for your sympathies :rolleyes: That car sometimes just do stuff ouf of blue, like spin in that corner on the first lap. Never happened before and after :roflmao:

But when I started to breath on your neck, I made two stupid mistakes and got what I deserved. Hopefully next time I catch you and we will have some fun ;)

Thanks @Craig Dunkley again for adding the car before the race on the server for me. I had pace of my life and enjoyed the race big time :) Next time I will check twice, what car I have on the board ;)

Cheers

Very unlucky race for me, got rammed off the track twice in the first lap by spinning cars :(.. But I think I learned a lot in this race, I managed to overtake a few cars from last place and had a very nice fight with a Red Ferrari in the last minutes, it was fun!:D Nice work mate, couldn't get past you:thumbsup: Was hoping for a mistake but this didn't happen:p And your raging horse had too much traction out of the corners:cool:
And of course thanks again @Craig Dunkley for hosting the race:thumbsup:

@marek2209 , I was watching the "duel" between you and Darrel through the mirror and saying to myself "this guys are faster than me, if the MacLaren overtakes the Ferrari, I'm the next". The last ten minutes were very intense.

Thanks you all, and specially @Craig Dunkley, for this awesome races.

Also, I thought I had pace with my setup but it was clear from the off that the pace I had was at the expense of stability. Could I ask the other 650 drivers what they did setup wise for Zandvoort?

Also, I thought I had pace with my setup but it was clear from the off that the pace I had was at the expense of stability. Could I ask the other 650 drivers what they did setup wise for Zandvoort?
I used the suggestions of @Medilloni in the thread of the previous race which worked great for me. Never had better balance and the 650 was a real joy to drive at Zandvoort.

I used the Bathurst setup posted a while ago George (I thought you had it, if not let me know). Made the following changes to it:
ride height: 11 front, 22 rear
front springs 110
front anti roll bar 9
Left the back end as is apart from height;)

Thanks lads. I must have missed the Bathurst setup John :sleep:. If you could let me have it again I would be very grateful.

I used a modified Red Bull Ring setup which I used in the last race also. But was no use last night. Really need to learn and tweak more with setups and read those books that were recommended.

I had also a very unlucky race. No starting lights (apparently a bug). Got torpedoed by a red car. Missed a break point in turn 1 trying to overtake @durielk and messed up myself in my eagerness to catch up. But also had a nice battle with @marek2209 in which I finally could overtake him in turn 1 on the outside where he as a gentleman left me enough space to do that. Next week Bathurst which I also don't know yet. I hope it's not too hard for 90 minutes.

Thanks lads. I must have missed the Bathurst setup John :sleep:. If you could let me have it again I would be very grateful.

I used a modified Red Bull Ring setup which I used in the last race also. But was no use last night. Really need to learn and tweak more with setups and read those books that were recommended.
Here you go George, attached:thumbsup:

I got this from Set Up Market http://thesetupmarket.com/#/ and use it as a base for most tracks. I can't drive 90% of the setups on there but this one has helped me understand more about the car and what to change to my liking.

You'll need to change gearing/diff to suit different tracks of course, and ride height is too high for the smoother tracks. As it is there's a lot of understeer but the back end is solid. Play with softening front springs/roll bar/diff power and coast to reduce the understeer. Any questions just drop me a pm, have fun!:)

Attachments

• 03-03-2017 650 Bathurst 2 05secs copy.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 106
Thks Craig. I had some good battles, amazing how much 'fun' it is when you don't have drivers ramming their way around the track. Some really good racing for me, just not for the podium!

I had a very strange bug that I had never experienced before. When I stopped at the pits in the race there was no refueling progress bar, so I decided that I blew past my pit box (and it did look like I might have stopped a tad too forward), so I reversed (which took time as the gear box was locked but I had no idea why) and then drove into the box again and finally got my fuel with the usual progress shown. But when I drove out of the pits I realized that I had 17 extra liters on board, so I actually pitted twice. Lost about 12 seconds for that, fortunately had just enough extra gap to come out still ahead.
I was wondering what happened to you @demetri because I was only 3 secs behind after your pit xD
You drove constantly almost 1 sec faster laps than me so I focused on going to pit without any rush... and that was only thing where I succeesed :roflmao:
That track isn't really good friends with nismo :geek:

I watched some of the replay and that Audi sounded like a fighter jet going round the track. And looked like it had super glue for tyres.

Cant beat a decent setup :p

No glue, just asymmetrical camber settings to help in those fast right-handers. And tons of rear downforce plus overpumped left rear (+3psi) to keep that tire from overheating.
Definitely not a track for GT-R to shine on, but a good one for McLarens with their grip

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%