AC GT3 @ Zandvoort OSRW - Sun 24th March 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Funny you should say that as I have three better known circuits that I really struggle with in the
Nissan Gt3 GT-R .
This is one of them, last time I was here I jumped ship for the much more nimble Z4. I would start to criticise the GT-R for being a bus, but @Aksu does not seem to have the same problem. So that’s a bit of a Bummer :mad: no excuses;)

Funny you should say that as I have three better known circuits that I really struggle with in the
Nissan Gt3 GT-R .
This is one of them, last time I was here I jumped ship for the much more nimble Z4. I would start to criticise the GT-R for being a bus, but @Aksu does not seem to have the same problem. So that’s a bit of a Bummer :mad: no excuses;)
I admire you guys who are capable to handle the GT-R. :(It's is frustrating to see them pull away after every corner. I tried different things in the setup but nothing seems to work for me. I guess it's just no car for inexperienced (sim)drivers like me:cry: .

@HF2000
From my point of view there is quite a bit of truth in what you say, certainly not from a skill point
of view, certainly in my case, I am as slow as :poop:, I should know I follow enough people around most circuits to see that's true. I find the GTR an easy car to drive, but setting up can be awkward.
I set the car up completely differently depending on the circuit. Zandvoort setup is completely
different to Silverstone GP as it is with virtually all circuits I drive in this car.
I have had quite a lot of help from a number of clever and helpful people on this forum in sorting the
Nissan GT-R.
Unfortunately it does not make me good at setup, but I understand the Nissan GT-R,still a lot
to learn though.
I lost all my circuit setups 2 weeks ago , steam cock up. But I know the Nissan setups so well
I can now drive a circuit and know what way to setup and how in a few practice laps.
And when some fine tuning is required I use the differential , rear wing and rear toe.
And that is mainly for stability and rarely lap times , sometimes it does both though.
I keep the roll stiffness virtually the same, but change where it is in the car, usually at the front, sometimes In the rear, sometimes balanced between front and rear. I use the dampers to slow down or speed up suspension response at either end depending on the circuit. That's bound and rebound . Fast , never really got my head around that one, but I sometime times use it if I am over zealous on kerbs on some circuits. But generally I try not to use kerbs if I can help it.
If anyone is bothering to read this and then think what a load of tosh, I would probably agree.
There are probably very large gaping holes in the above. Hope it is of some help though?

One reason I choose to go with the Nissan initially after trying them all, and by the way the
Porsche 911 is by far my favorite car, is the Huge amount of torque the engine generates.
I sort of concluded the it would have an advantage in hiding my lack of driving ability.
If can get it out of a corner well , not much in the gt3 class can stay with it even with slip streaming.
I could write loads on the setup of the Nissan, but have kept it short or long depending on your
point of view.

My option of the 2015 Nissan GT-R is that it's engine is high up an quite far forward, so
It creates a car that is predominantly understeering also the COG is also quite high, that's why
It seems to benefits from being low, but because of that, it brings it's own problems. That's
were I try and slow the response of the suspension rather than getting it stiffer and stiffer I try and slow
down the speed of suspension compression or try and stop it from lifting to quickly with
acceleration.:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Not a load of tosh at all. I certainly feel like I learnt something and appreciate it any time someone shares any knowledge on SIM racing at all as there is so much to learn.

Thanks Ernie .

It’s a bit like being at university or college, you sit there
listening to the lecturer and think, “ And why would I actually need to know that “.
Maybe it’s different now !
Usually it is a knowing why and when you would want to do something.
Then the technical bit starts, at least to make sense and becomes easier to understand.

I’m off again. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It’s a bit like being at university or college, you sit there
listening to the lecturer and think, “ And why would I actually need to know that “.
Maybe it’s different now !
Usually it is a knowing why and when you would want to do something.
Then the technical bit starts, at least to make sense and becomes easier to understand.

I’m off again. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thank you, @Kek700 ! :thumbsup:That actually helps me a lot to understand why I don't succeed in mastering the GT-R, especially with the default setup as a starting point.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back