AC GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Sunday 13th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Did 60% damage change your approach to this event?

• Yes, I practiced more.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, I drove more cautiously.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nah, I never send it.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Nah, I always send it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't enter due to damage increase

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hi
if someone drives in my car with 60% damage my car has damage and will be slower or i can't make it till the end? Is that correct?
hape

hi
if someone drives in my car with 60% damage my car has damage and will be slower or i can't make it till the end? Is that correct?
hape
Damage applies to everyone involved. AC does not know who’s fault it was.

hi Andreas
and i think that was the reason to not get up with the damage percent. So we can test it but for me it seems not the best way to avoid crashes.
hape

This must be the biggest shake-up since I first drove GT3, we are not having track limits penalty in this as well, are we.:confused:
last time that happened some crafty bugger, as I went to overtake nudged me off track, slowing me down with the slow down penalty, getting rid of me for 3 or 4 laps,
Then repeated it the next time I tried to overtake.:unsure:
Do we have to set anything up for the pit stop? Is there a repair my defunct car section?

This must be the biggest shake-up since I first drove GT3, we are not having track limits penalty in this as well, are we.:confused:
last time that happened some crafty bugger, as I went to overtake nudged me off track, slowing me down with the slow down penalty, getting rid of me for 3 or 4 laps,
Then repeated it the next time I tried to overtake.:unsure:
Do we have to set anything up for the pit stop? Is there a repair my defunct car section?
There is. Once your pit menu is up the three bottom options are repairs of body, suspension and engine. You can't set that in the setup pre-race though, but you can set it once the car sitting in on the start grid if you know how to summon the pit menu

There is. Once your pit menu is up the three bottom options are repairs of body, suspension and engine. You can't set that in the setup pre-race though, but you can set it once the car sitting in on the start grid if you know how to summon the pit menu
And afaik it will automatically switch the repair setting to "on", if the damage is severe.
If you're just a little bruised it will keep it to off.
But I'm not sure about it.. Can you confirm?

And afaik it will automatically switch the repair setting to "on", if the damage is severe.
If you're just a little bruised it will keep it to off.
But I'm not sure about it.. Can you confirm?
I don't think so, or at least its idea of "severe" is very different from mine :D.
I usually set repairs on while waiting on the grid for the race start, you can do it while pitting too, but there's a good change you might forget

Just spent an hour setting the Nissan up here, hence the below waffle.

funnily as long as I do not get hit, this circuit I like, and so does the Nissan, I am hoping the damage at 60% will be to its advantage.
The Nissan for me "here" is good at average laps, not fast laps, too many mid-speed corners, short straights and where its bulk, low downforce and high Coefficient of drag are noticeably against it.
Generally speaking, I lose about 50 to 100kg of downforce when the speeds of the corners are generally averaged out here, ( most corners are 3rd 4th gear corners ) compared to the McLaren.
Plus the McLaren has a very good ratio of drag to downforce, the Nissan does not.
I should really comment on its big power advantage, but as I cannot verify that other than say it is a very quick car, next to the Lamborghini, and not that far off. The Lamborghini has a much better CD factor to help it.
These are just my ramblings. and I have almost now guaranteed that I will get punted.:roflmao:

Just spent an hour setting the Nissan up here, hence the below waffle.

funnily as long as I do not get hit, this circuit I like, and so does the Nissan, I am hoping the damage at 60% will be to its advantage.
The Nissan for me "here" is good at average laps, not fast laps, too many mid-speed corners, short straights and where its bulk, low downforce and high Coefficient of drag are noticeably against it.
Generally speaking, I lose about 50 to 100kg of downforce when the speeds of the corners are generally averaged out here, ( most corners are 3rd 4th gear corners ) compared to the McLaren.
Plus the McLaren has a very good ratio of drag to downforce, the Nissan does not.
I should really comment on its big power advantage, but as I cannot verify that other than say it is a very quick car, next to the Lamborghini, and not that far off. The Lamborghini has a much better CD factor to help it.
These are just my ramblings. and I have almost now guaranteed that I will get punted.:roflmao:
If the GT-R can run softs in the race it should be alright. If it can't then it might be in trouble, because the temps aren't high enough to get a decent heat into mediums and when there's not enough grip this car suffers pretty badly, at least that was my experience (on a different track though).

If the GT-R can run softs in the race it should be alright. If it can't then it might be in trouble, because the temps aren't high enough to get a decent heat into mediums and when there's not enough grip this car suffers pretty badly, at least that was my experience (on a different track though).
Spot on Demetri, I have managed to find a good ( for my level ) average speed and find a route around here that keeps the softs cool.
As you say, I can overheat the softs very easily here if I really push the car, so I now have a reasonable pace with softs, my worry is if I get into the wrong situation I am going to get tyre problems.
I will be very interested to see how the other cars get on, the McLaren and Audi , Audi especially likes to set fire to their softs with little provocation.
I imagine that the Z4 is a reasonable bet here, have not driven that here. Brian endorsed that too.

Last edited:
hi
in the upcoming RD races is this race not registered. Did someone know why? I think a few people will look at this to decide to drive a race
hape

Gents.

Can we all have a think about the type of videos/screenshots/time stamps we are posting in the aftermath of events, GT3 in particular. What started out as maybe educational a few months ago, has largely moved in a different direction.

Do not post videos/screenshots of incidents involving a Golden Rule breach.

Please try to discuss all racing incidents by PM first. If it has been resolved amicably and all parties agree and feel it would be educational / interesting, then by all means post videos/screenshots and discussion in the forum.

Do not post videos/screenshots or start discussion about incidents you were not directly involved in.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing