AC GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Sun 30 Dec 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Race Start 1:00:46

yeah right in front of me!

Mrg1CLM.png

aB3UAj1.png

Be2Z1Qm.png

Man, that first lap 4 wide into the right hander was something else. ;)

7HXiKL8.jpg

After some fatalities in front of me, I went to go chase down @JoelK. I debated pitting to try and do the undercut to get past but eventually managed to get past on the sweeping right hander so kept my normal pit strategy.

However, it turned out my pit settings were wrong and on entering the pits I got another set of mediums, which I hadn't counted on. Thankfully it was pretty much negligible with the gap behind, so I didn't mind having some fresher tyres on. That'll teach me to change the setup just before the start :coffee:

Thanks a lot @Craig Dunkley for organising as always! This will be my last race until mid-February, as I'm travelling for work until then. I'll miss racing with you guys!

What a race! When the lights went out I realized I forgot to put the car in gear, but miraculously I didn't loose any position. I knew from qualy that @Medilloni John Powers would be the guy to beat and in the first 5 laps or so it was pretty close but I had an incident with a GTR that was overtaking me at the back straight and pulled rigth in front me immediately before the braking zone.
Anyways, after the pit stops I ended 6 secs behind John again and I was chasing him hard and with 4 laps to go, I was less than 2 secs behind and I got too excited and crashed again. All in all great fun!
Several times I briefly raced @Hepsta in the 911 and the first couple of times I noticed he braked very early after the back straight and later in the race when I encountered him again, he seemed to have adapted his driving and was braking as late as me and John. It just nice to see other drivers improving during the race.
Cheers guys and happy new year!

Several times I briefly raced @Hepsta in the 911 and the first couple of times I noticed he braked very early after the back straight and later in the race when I encountered him again, he seemed to have adapted his driving and was braking as late as me and John. It just nice to see other drivers improving during the race.

Cheers mate was a good race, just trying to get used to clean racing and don’t want to get caught up and cause an unessasery crash. Slightly more confidence around others and I’ll be able to start pushing around other drivers more.

@Ken Bell ..I felt really sorry for you mate :( ...you had put in hours of practice then lost your car ...sorry mate there was nothing I could do :( ..I hope it does not put you off joining us, because it is really nice to have you on board, you always speak in TS ..mate it is not just all about speed ...me and you may never make it in the top five, but I have a great time and I hope you do ..never before used track in AC club racing next week Ken :thumbsup:

What a race! When the lights went out I realized I forgot to put the car in gear, but miraculously I didn't loose any position. I knew from qualy that @Medilloni John Powers would be the guy to beat and in the first 5 laps or so it was pretty close but I had an incident with a GTR that was overtaking me at the back straight and pulled rigth in front me immediately before the braking zone.
Anyways, after the pit stops I ended 6 secs behind John again and I was chasing him hard and with 4 laps to go, I was less than 2 secs behind and I got too excited and crashed again. All in all great fun!
Awesome race! Just watched the replay with 4 side by side at the end of the straight, huge congrats to the podium guys - I'd upload the replay but haven't a clue how to:laugh: The best race I've watched this year.:thumbsup:

As for you Zeljko.... I needed 'me heart tabs after the race :roflmao: It's the first ever GT3 race I've done without falling off the track once. Checked our race laps on Simresults and there was so little between us, spent the first half as a bag of nerves with you behind me then managed slightly better/consistent laps in the 2nd half. And if I'm honest, if you'd have got right on my tail I wouldn't have made it hard for you to get past, just wanted to finish a race for once without my usual cock-ups:p And yes, now that I've recovered, it was great fun!

...all I want to know now is how did Henri Sinik make those softs last??!!!!

Footy note: The British Saloon Championship years ago used to award 'Dish of the Day' award, my vote goes to @Hepsta Matt, watching the replay you had some amazing clean dices!:D

What an absolute blast it was once again. Coming into the race me, Henri and Aki knew that the GTR were way too slow for the McLaren here. I was really surprised at how long I could keep Chris behind me. After he passed me, it was just survival till the end. Made an amateur mistake in T7 which cost me P2, but sh*t happens i guess. But all n' all an awesome race with great battling, just a shame I can't do these more often atm.

Ps. How the f*ck we survived that 4wide into T5

...all I want to know now is how did Henri Sinik make those softs last??!!!!
Softs were wrong tyres for this race, I had to drive really carefully not to spin (which I eventually did on lap 6) because of overheating tyres, fell behind Aki after spin and knew I can't continue with those tyres, so I pitted early for mediums and went for undercut which worked out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back