AC GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Sun 01Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
37C air eh

giphy.gif

Talking of heat... massively hot here and AC has been crashing to load-screen - my CPU gets hot anyway (it's old!), does anyone know if this could this cause the crash?

Trialling a temporary cure, desk-fan-turbo-boost-with-front-of-case-off:D
pcfan.jpg

When was the last time you serviced the pc, meaning have you cleaned the dust from the CPU cooler/fan and or the power supply fan on the bottom?
Thanks for the reply Larry, I clean it every week (last was yesterday), vacuum, can of air, clean as a whistle - we have two dogs that lose hair so have to keep on top of it:)

My son says my cpu needs to be kept cool 'cos it's so old (AMD FX 6100 6 core) and behind the processor the case is mad hot when running AC.

How long has it been since you put the whole pc together? You may want to remove the CPU cooler from the unit and clean off the old thermal paste and put new on. That would lower the CPU temps and also let the cooler help keep the motherboard cooler. It may not be a huge difference but the new paste can help with efficiency. Also do you have enough EXIT air flow? Your pic shows the case fairly close to the walls

• Deleted member 231027

Thanks for the reply Larry, I clean it every week (last was yesterday), vacuum, can of air, clean as a whistle - we have two dogs that lose hair so have to keep on top of it:)

My son says my cpu needs to be kept cool 'cos it's so old (AMD FX 6100 6 core) and behind the processor the case is mad hot when running AC.

You can try set CPU affinity and disable one or 2 of the cores for acs.exe.
basically ONLY do this if nothing else works and on a side note this will also impact your performance
(you can do this in task manager/details right click on acs.exe)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%