AC GT3 @ Watkins Glen Boot - Fri 06Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry pal, never had anything like that happen with mine before. :(
No worries, thanks for the input. It seems to be a very uncommon issue. Either that or my Google-fu is really weak.

CptAsian has apparently broke it and it's good for nothing so he can send it to me and I'll even pay the shipping costs :p:D

Thanks for replying Brandon :thumbsup: I knew I could count on you to reply either way:thumbsup:
kVwf3Zn.png

Interesting, because I have exactly the same issues with my Rift.
I randomly hear the "device disconnected" sound throughout the day. and a few minutes later it "connects" again.
Recently I restart computer every time before using the Rift, which helps in my case.

For some time i thought it was my MoBo acting out, but after the upgrade it's all the same.
I'm the very early adopter (since DK1), maybe they were faulty with the CV1 initial release?
That sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing. I'll list the stuff I've tried in more detail at the bottom of this post as a blanket statement.

This is an issue caused by the last round of updates from NVIDIA. Make sure your drivers are up to date for both the rift and you video card. If it continues, make sure to restart your PC while your Rift is plugged in and you should be good.
See my signature, I'm running all AMD hardware.

So as a general statement on this issue, I've tried the following: restarting multiple times, trying different USB ports for the headset, unplugging all unnecessary USB devices, checking the other end of the headset cable, trying different AMD driver versions, uninstalling/reinstalling recent Windows updates, changing power settings for USB devices, and reinstalling all Oculus software. Maybe a few others I've missed. The only thing I've read that I haven't tried is plugging the headset into a USB 2 port (not sure why that would help), but I literally can't because I don't have any at all.
I'm fairly convinced it's a software issue that's causing some sort of instability since once I get into a server or a game of some sort, I can occasionally get away with no crashes until I exit the application.
Today though, it seems to be playing nice, so I've just left everything as is, and I won't touch it until the race. Thanks a bunch for the input guys, and sorry for the long post. And hopefully I'm not derailing this thread too much.

This is an issue caused by the last round of updates from NVIDIA. Make sure your drivers are up to date for both the rift and you video card. If it continues, make sure to restart your PC while your Rift is plugged in and you should be good.
And of course I forgot you had VR as well. Slowly crawling back to the house. Hope to be there by 7:00 EDT. We'll see

No worries, thanks for the input. It seems to be a very uncommon issue. Either that or my Google-fu is really weak.

kVwf3Zn.png

That sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing. I'll list the stuff I've tried in more detail at the bottom of this post as a blanket statement.

See my signature, I'm running all AMD hardware.

So as a general statement on this issue, I've tried the following: restarting multiple times, trying different USB ports for the headset, unplugging all unnecessary USB devices, checking the other end of the headset cable, trying different AMD driver versions, uninstalling/reinstalling recent Windows updates, changing power settings for USB devices, and reinstalling all Oculus software. Maybe a few others I've missed. The only thing I've read that I haven't tried is plugging the headset into a USB 2 port (not sure why that would help), but I literally can't because I don't have any at all.
I'm fairly convinced it's a software issue that's causing some sort of instability since once I get into a server or a game of some sort, I can occasionally get away with no crashes until I exit the application.
Today though, it seems to be playing nice, so I've just left everything as is, and I won't touch it until the race. Thanks a bunch for the input guys, and sorry for the long post. And hopefully I'm not derailing this thread too much.
You didn't derail it, I did, but that's what's great about the Hooligans. Always willing to help even it's just a jab to make you laugh:D

Guys, @Bobby Pennington, @Celtic Pharaoh, what are we doing with the cars that can't do the full race distance?
It's quite unfair that some cars can skip the pit stop and some others are forced to take it due to the fuel tank capacity.

Tyre wear will compensate, if you're not gonna stop. It's a 90min race after all.
Yep, I can hardly make a set of mediums last 45 minutes because my tire management is so rubbish. Probably going to 2 stop to stay on the safe side. Probably slower, but it should be a little more entertaining as well.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%