AC GT3 @ VIR - Sunday 14th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hehe I like static shadows that don't crawl, flicker, change with lod or catch your attention at any point.
Just be a steady reference point and make things pretty please :D

Rain: I'm practicing about 30-60 minutes throughout the week for the race on one day. Then do the race.. If I want some rain and stuff, I must load up acc :p

:roflmao: A very strange shadow indeed ...

Sounds fantastic - ACC probably has better rain simulation than AC CSP. Here look this might be interesting:

PS you know that LUT reset you explained earlier ? It doesn't seem to happening on my system ... is there a way to be sure ?

Last edited:
really :confused: OMG ?? I decided that I have spent enough on ACC and rF2 for the moment. I want to get VR so if AC does it well then it is another confirmation of its value for me. Instead I would rather contribute something to these wonderful modders instead of paying up to some marketing strategy or another - never drove anything as good as AC:

Maybe it's OK with 3080, but with 2080 I have it's a no go for me. I either have to dial down resolution a lot (more blurry mess), or switch to 60Hz mode, or put up with 45Hz reprojection and all its quirks

Yes I even lowered it now to 40 but I will do Rasmus his adjustment in the file and put the gain back to 50.
The first line with "ffb noise" is not scaled up and down with the game gain. Only the gain in the profiler changes something so you need to edit the file like you did.
Did you put the gain back to 50% after editing the first line? Just asking in case you forgot :)
Is it me or does that look similar to English because I swear I can read it !
It's really weird.. It's like you take some English words and some old-northern-German words und use them in a way that nobody would ever do it but the literal meaning/translation still makes sense haha.
Gonna translate Han's example so you'll see what I mean :p
Nou dan zul je dit ook wel begrijpen dan. We gebruiken wel veel woorden uit andere talen in het Nederlands dus het kan heel goed dat het daarom op engels lijkt.
Na dann du wirst dies ok sein mit begreifen dann.
Wir gebrauchen viele Worte aus anderen Talenten in hier Niederlande, daher kann es good sein, dass darum auf Englisch ähnelt(liked).

Literal translation! I can understand it but it's wrong use of many words and completely mixed order of words. Sounds like some German that was in England for a year fell too heavy in his head, lol :roflmao:
:roflmao: A
PS you know that LUT reset you explained earlier ? It doesn't seem to happening on my system ... is there a way to be sure ?
If content manager shows the correct lut, it's working :)
You know you have this bug when you launch cm, it looks good, then you go on track, close ac, close CM, start cm again and it shows a different lut (or no lut)...
If only ACC wasn't such a dog in VR...
I've tested acc with the oculus too last summer and I didn't found it "to be a dog" but it's not as clean as AC so you don't want to run that low graphic settings. The gpu load is a lot higher, when it looks similar to ac.

Biggest issue with acc VS ac is that you don't really see the difference, while the gpu load is increased a lot because of features (which are nice with a 3080 but you'd rather get rid of these features instead of turning settings to low and make everything ugly).
Shadows and ambient occlusion are a lot more accurate and real compared to AC but when you put them on low, you'll have accurate but ugly shadows.
Everyone would prefer less accurate, pretty shadows like in AC...

Also it's a bit heavier on the cpu.
With my 10600k, AC with csp and everything runs at 88-95 fps at race starts and then goes up to about 120 fps.
Acc dips to about 80 fps at starts and then goes up to 95 fps.

When I'd want to have the oculus at 90 fps with asw triggering, it would be tough...
Not a massive difference but enough to make trouble.

With my current csp config in AC I'm at 70% gpu load though on my 3070.
Acc at the same 70% load looks phenomenal too though.
But when I disable all the csp stuff, I'm only at 30% gpu load...
(all loads with 90 fps limited)

Summary: ACC isn't only a dog in vr. It's the same with a monitor but on a monitor you get dial down the resolution scale a little bit and fps drops aren't that critical.
The performance for vr and monitors at the same resolution is pretty identical though.
Maybe it's OK with 3080, but with 2080 I have it's a no go for me. I either have to dial down resolution a lot (more blurry mess), or switch to 60Hz mode, or put up with 45Hz reprojection and all its quirks

My setting in the Profiler in Dutch but you know what it stands for:
View attachment 446143
Looking good!
@jackdyson31

I can supply you with ACTI from VIR of you wish, as I am sure you know, was in the GT-R to.
I have, not my quickest lap, but a 1:46:0.3 which may be more of a suitable stepping stone.
I certainly have plenty of Red bull ring ACTI, in the Nissan. :)
Can you upload both maybe?
I'll have a look :)

The first line with "ffb noise" is not scaled up and down with the game gain. Only the gain in the profiler changes something so you need to edit the file like you did.
Did you put the gain back to 50% after editing the first line? Just asking in case you forgot :)

It's really weird.. It's like you take some English words and some old-northern-German words und use them in a way that nobody would ever do it but the literal meaning/translation still makes sense haha.
Gonna translate Han's example so you'll see what I mean :p

Na dann du wirst dies ok sein mit begreifen dann.
Wir gebrauchen viele Worte aus anderen Talenten in hier Niederlande, daher kann es good sein, dass darum auf Englisch ähnelt(liked).

Literal translation! I can understand it but it's wrong use of many words and completely mixed order of words. Sounds like some German that was in England for a year fell too heavy in his head, lol :roflmao:
Hi Rasmus,

Yes I did changed it back to 50% and tried it for 2 laps. It felt really ok. I will use this setting tonight in hte event. Thank you for all your help!

And the translation of the Dutch is:
Well then you will understand this also then. We do use many words from other languages in Dutch, so it may well be that it therefore resembles English.

Or in German:
Na dann wirst du das dann auch verstehen. Wir verwenden viele Wörter aus anderen Sprachen auf Niederländisch, daher kann es durchaus sein, dass es Englisch ähnelt.

Last edited:
@jackdyson31

I can supply you with ACTI from VIR of you wish, as I am sure you know, was in the GT-R to.
I have, not my quickest lap, but a 1:46:0.3 which may be more of a suitable stepping stone.
I certainly have plenty of Red bull ring ACTI, in the Nissan. :)

Morning and thank you so much Ernie - if you could I would be so grateful ! That is such a fast time my god !!!

@RasmusP I'm sorry but it doesn't seem to work. I even changed the value from 0.10 to 0.02 but there's no difference. The steering wheel still has strong vibrations on certain parts of Brands. Is the first line the correct value?
1613571875312.png

I've tested acc with the oculus too last summer and I didn't found it "to be a dog" but it's not as clean as AC so you don't want to run that low graphic settings. The gpu load is a lot higher, when it looks similar to ac.

Biggest issue with acc VS ac is that you don't really see the difference, while the gpu load is increased a lot because of features (which are nice with a 3080 but you'd rather get rid of these features instead of turning settings to low and make everything ugly).
Shadows and ambient occlusion are a lot more accurate and real compared to AC but when you put them on low, you'll have accurate but ugly shadows.
Everyone would prefer less accurate, pretty shadows like in AC...

Also it's a bit heavier on the cpu.
With my 10600k, AC with csp and everything runs at 88-95 fps at race starts and then goes up to about 120 fps.
Acc dips to about 80 fps at starts and then goes up to 95 fps.

When I'd want to have the oculus at 90 fps with asw triggering, it would be tough...
Not a massive difference but enough to make trouble.

With my current csp config in AC I'm at 70% gpu load though on my 3070.
Acc at the same 70% load looks phenomenal too though.
But when I disable all the csp stuff, I'm only at 30% gpu load...
(all loads with 90 fps limited)

Summary: ACC isn't only a dog in vr. It's the same with a monitor but on a monitor you get dial down the resolution scale a little bit and fps drops aren't that critical.
The performance for vr and monitors at the same resolution is pretty identical though.
For monitors I would use triple screens and ACC used to be not good with that either back then when I tried it, because UE4 didn't support that properly (who could've thought? :D). I know Kunos implemented some trick to make it sorta works (removing distortions), but it's not perfect because the center screen image (the one you use the most and would want the most clarity for) essentially gets upscaled with accompanying detail loss (unless you bump the rendering resolution up which stresses the GPU even more). I also absolutely despise the lack of proper MSAA in that game (another UE4 limitation).
And I could care less about imperfect shadows in AC. As long as some dynamic shadows are there and the cars don't look like hovering over the road it's OK for me. CSP and Sol do the magic of make-believe (and much cheaper than UE4 I must say) so good that some people even don't recognize AC when they see it :D

@jackdyson31

@RasmusP

Pretty rubbish at this, try my dropbox if you have any problems just say and I will attempt to put it right. :)

Ernie thank you so much for this precious data I can see that you have a tighter powerband than me - what gearing are you using on your car (if not secret) ?

In fact I notice that you have disgustingly good traction out T5a and T14a especially! It would be interesting to look at the setup (again if not secret) and I can promise to share my data and setups with you too if I do anything of note;

1613588949155.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back