Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Yeah the fuel calculator on GSC isn't that great, and remember if you use the push to pass button, you'll use more fuel. The fuel warning indicator does come on with plenty of time, so you have time to react and pit for more fuel.

I use an overlay which calculates how much fuel you actually use instead. If anyone is interested, it has the positions, tire temps, engine condition, etc. The overlay tool is rfdynhud.
First you need to install java 6 included in the download.
Other files drag and drop in main GSC directory.
When everything is installed go to plugin folder and in one folder you find an editor for change the layout you like.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbhl0o1lqwk2t0c/rfdynhud GCS2013.rar

@Tal Segal no idea why you couldn't refuel, it works fine for me and everyone else in previous races, always has (we've run longer races, no problems). Perhaps you missed something on your LCD, I can't know.

I am happy you all had fun regardless. I've have loved to race. As it was, I was still awake at 5am feeling like a worn out tire :(

I had to pull out unfortunately. I wasn't in the mood in the first place and i couldn't 'feel' the car either. I somehow decided to race anyway. But i soon started making mistakes. I'm sorry you spun there, Sven, it really was a minor nudge.:(

I had many problems trying to get the feel for the car, just couldn't tell what is actually going on with the tires when it's about to lose grip and spun many times as a result. Couldn't confidently drive it at the limit. I think the lack of FFB has smth to do with it and i probably need a lot more practice, since i don't drive these cars very often.

@Jan Mikuž - No problem. The car is very light in the rear and in a corner I believe they are even lighter. :)
I calculated manually with 2,6 liter per lap so I put in 55liters for the first 21 laps and then changed all four tyres and filled up to 55 liters again. Seems also like with different driving styles the consumption also varies I guess.
Nevertheless, it was fast going 45 minutes because these cars are so fun to drive.:laugh:

Thanks for the plugin Andrew. As it turns out, I can't refuel offline as well. Any suggestions?
Refuelling works perfectly fine for me. I did testing before the event, and I just did another test just in case I'd missed something.

It does refuel, though it does it the same time as the tires and won't specifically SAY fuel unless you don't change tires. If you have your LCD on the screen where the fuel level and tyres is shown, the fuel goes up while they change the tires. I just tested at Taruma and I tested at Goiania (where I KNOW we did refuelling a month or two ago) and in both cases it worked as expected. Start a race with say 10L, and at the end of the first lap pit and ask for more fuel. The fuel level will go up in the pit stop. Works fine for me, check the video to see if you can reproduce the same result. First stop with tires, watch the fuel level on the LCD, second stop without tire change, it says "FUEL" at the bottom, and fuel goes up in LCD.

I think this has shown me that maybe its a good idea to create a pit stop guide for people. I'll get started on that in the week. In the meantime, here's one I made for Formula Trucks (most pics from Rupe) which is similar to GSC.

Video:

First half of the race was absolutely epic for me. Second half.... not so much. 3 spins from taking too much kerb into Turn 1 + colliding into a spinning car, wrecking the front splitter + running on fumes towards the end (despite refueling) = 4th overall.

I can see myself spending a lot more time with this sim in the future. It seems to be the only sim in which I am mildly competitive... :D

First half of the race was absolutely epic for me. Second half.... not so much. 3 spins from taking too much kerb into Turn 1 + colliding into a spinning car, wrecking the front splitter + running on fumes towards the end (despite refueling) = 4th overall.

I can see myself spending a lot more time with this sim in the future. It seems to be the only sim in which I am mildly competitive... :D
You were very competitive. If bad luck hadn't caught on to you, you would have gotten at least second place for sure. No way I could have kept up with you on raw pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back