AC GT3 @ Thomson Road, Sunday 23rd May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-71-af-corse-ferrari-488-gte-davide-rigon-sam-bird.jpg

IMPORTANT: The Thomson Road track isn't available on S.GP so we can't use it for signing up. It has to be done the 'old' way by posting here.
There are only 24 slots available for this circuit. If more drivers sign up, they will be put on a reserve list in case others drop out.

Now the Monaco track has a bug (crash in the pitlane), we're going to Singapore's beautiful circuit in the middle of the jungle. It's a masterpiece of @Fat-Alfie and very enjoyable to drive. Watch out for the jump in the middle of the straight and especially the deadly lamppost behind it.

e8148954552c2efc9b98d4d215cae069.jpg

On Wednesdays, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Search for the multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 event in the Calendar or on the RaceDepartment community on simracing.gp.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: #13
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 20 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (60 minutes)
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Thomson Road: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/thomson-road-grand-prix.13694/

Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Entry list:
@HF2000 - 488
@Luca Badin - R8
@JamKart22 - GT-R
@random2k4 - Z4
@Kek700 - 650s
@Backmarker EB - SCG
@Programmer_Rich - GT-R
@Marko77 - 650s
@Interslice - 488
@Partick Eaton - Z4
@640er - 650s

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Last edited:
Well, given that I brought up the track in the other thread, I feel I can't miss it, so please count me in with the usual R8 Han. I will do my best to stay off the lampposts and not flip over the bump this time :ninja:

(Did I really correctly guess you were thinking about Thomson Road as a Monaco alternative? :O_o:)

(Did I really correctly guess you were thinking about Thomson Road as a Monaco alternative? :O_o:)
Hi Luca, No, you will see that one next week :p . But this morning when I found out of the bug in Monaco, I was searching for a not too difficult to learn track for Wednesday because the participants don't have not much time left to practice.

And for the 'secret' track next week: I think you only need one character for the name of the track:sneaky:

Last edited:
Hello
Do I claim a spot here?
650s please
Please: no engine restriction, let people work the jump out for themselves. And I always make most of my places up passing the wrecks.

Well, given that I brought up the track in the other thread, I feel I can't miss it, so please count me in with the usual R8 Han. I will do my best to stay off the lampposts and not flip over the bump this time :ninja:

It's the track creator here. Could you guys tell me if the collision with the lamp posts is a problem with online racing?

This was my first track for AC and I may have not thought though this collision fully before releasing the track. If removing the collision would make it more enjoyable to use for online racing, I wouldn't mind releasing an updated version in the future.

It's the track creator here. Could you guys tell me if the collision with the lamp posts is a problem with online racing?

This was my first track for AC and I may have not thought though this collision fully before releasing the track. If removing the collision would make it more enjoyable to use for online racing, I wouldn't mind releasing an updated version in the future.
I love this track. Thanks.

The only problem with the lamposts is if they throw you onto the track and then it's 3 point turn to get back facing the right way

Hi David,

Not I don't really want you to remove the lamppost but with GT3's it comes very precise to take the hump on the straight because if you take it a bit too far to the left you end up hitting the lamppost at the left at high speed. And that hurts :p !
But that's one of the things that makes it exciting and fun and separates the man from the boys or the aliens from the humans :D .

Last edited:

Hello, great fan of your various efforts here. I agree with the others that the lampposts are just an added challenge, by my comment I didn't mean I had a problem with them. Like John said, they're an idiosincrasy and should stay as they are.

...I just need to remember they're there :whistling:

In please han! Not sure how i feel about taking this on in the lambo so might go for a tbc for the moment!

@Fat-Alfie Lamp post and trees are great! If some lunatics decode to take 600hp GT cars 3 wide over the hump you can't blame the lamposts.:roflmao:

The diesel shopping trolley AKA 488 please for me!

So not only do I need to learn the braking points and apexes as usual but also positions of the lamp posts, this could be interesting :D

The diesel shopping trolley AKA 488 please for me!

So not only do I need to learn the braking points and apexes as usual but also positions of the lamp posts, this could be interesting :D
Hi Taj,

Join us tonight with the Audi TT or MX5. It's a great way to learn the lampposts!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%