ACC GT3 Sprint @ Spa - Tuesday 18th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought ACC was the most popular sim...

I doubt it's the most popular at the moment, lots of people are still clinging to the original AC I think. Or iRacing :rolleyes:

But for me, ACC ticks all the right boxes and is IMHO the true successor to GTR2. They both do exactly the same things exactly the right way:

- focus on a single type of racing (with a few sub-classes) in a contemporary race class, which allows for good physics developments based on actual real-world data, instead of trying to simulate every 4-wheeled vehicle known to man in a single title
- offer day, night, dry and wet racing, and all that in multi-class if you want to
- offer both safe and loose base setups for each car so you can just load one and hit the track without the need of an engineering degree or spending hundreds of hours trying to come up with something that works.

These things make ACC my current go-to sim for both off- and online racing.
We can only hope it's user base will continue to grow and that the races will become more and more populated.
Or that more and more people will get a Premium account at RD so they can participate.

Ah man, that's a bummer...I had one little microlag/stutter as well just as I was turning in for Pouhon but luckily without any bad consequences. Don't know if it was the connection or a graphics glitch in my VR headset though. Better luck next time !

Cheers. These things happen I suppose! Had been absolutely fine in practice and qualifying. Annoyingly after the stop and repairs I had decent race pace! See you all at Monza next week! (Don't actually own the GT4 or British GT4 pack yet, though will be getting it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%