ACC GT3 Sprint @ Silverstone - Thursday 13th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the great racing guys!

Sorry first of all to the fellow Bentley I tapped into a spin coming onto the back straight after the hairpins, thought you'd left me room :unsure:

Plenty of good racing throughout, had a couple of close calls exiting Copse with people spinning in front of me!

I was happy with my qualifying but during the race I took too much kerb in T1, spun out and got collected by the Bentley that was on hot my tail. Don't know who was driving it, but sorry about that: it was a rookie error on my part... Repeated that exact same mistake a few laps later all by myself and ended up completely at the back of the field. To top it off I ran out of fuel on the last lap, 3 to 4 corners before the finish line because I had been pushing so hard to catch up again.
But all in all it was great fun and I learned 2 valuable lessons:
1 - Don't take too much kerb at Silverstones T1...
2 - Never trust ACC's fuel calculations...

Congrats to the podium finishers and until the next time !
That was me in the Bentley, no worries about the spin, it happens! I tried my best to avoid you but couldn't stop in time. No big deal, it was fun chasing you!

Murdered my tyres by spinning twice. Still managed to recover but it was hard keeping that thing sticking to the road, especially as both spins were basically only punishing my left tyres, all right handers became hell.

Thanks for the great racing guys!

Sorry first of all to the fellow Bentley I tapped into a spin coming onto the back straight after the hairpins, thought you'd left me room :unsure:

Plenty of good racing throughout, had a couple of close calls exiting Copse with people spinning in front of me!
No worries Beet, I left you room to pass me on the straight, just a slight miscalculation. ;)
Then I had trouble re-starting the car.... All good.

That was me in the Bentley, no worries about the spin, it happens! I tried my best to avoid you but couldn't stop in time. No big deal, it was fun chasing you!

Cheers mate ! It was a Romain Grosjean kind of spin ;) so I guess you didn't stand much chance of avoiding me. Onto better days at Spa ! I hope... :rolleyes:

On the bright side: even with the 2 spins, my CC rating went from 76 to 87 during this race :)
(it's the rating I struggle with the most, I've got quite an aggressive driving style and tend to overdrive the car in order to be "quick")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back