Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
silver.jpg

Do you get a numb "behind" when racing for more than 30 minutes? Is your partner giving you grief for being on the PC too much? Not enough time to commit to a league? We've got you covered - sprint races are back!

Kicking off with Silverstone this coming Thursday we'll have a sprint race ready to go every Tuesday and Thursday evening at 19:30BST (18:30UTC). No pressure fun racing with the usual standard of driving you are used to at RaceDepartment.

How To Join
If you are a premium member and are part of the RaceDepartment community on Simracing.GP then just click HERE and sign up.

Not sure about Simracing.GP, RaceDepartment Premium and how it all works? Ping myself or Ricoow a message and we'll be happy to help.

Event Details
Cars: GT3
Track: Silverstone 2020
Practice 45 minutes | Qualification 15 minutes | Race 30 minutes

Useful links
RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
RaceDepartment Club Regulations
RaceDepartment Discord

See you on track!

Last edited:
I'll be bringing the big old Bentley to this one. If I haven't got the pace then it's up to you to find a way around it :D

This might help you out. I found over 2 seconds around Zolder with the tips he gave on setup. Much less prone to snap oversteer on the brakes.

I know the McLaren is strong here, Bentley and Aston are handy too.

Last edited:

Thanks for that mate. I really should look at other cars to be honest. But I picked the Porsche right at the beginning and never looked back... I'm still crap in it though.

OK, count me in : 488 Evo. This will be my first ever online race with you RD guys, looking forward to it ! And already a bit nervous about it too... ;)

Don't be at all. If it's any consolation I haven't done any laps in any car on this track..... I'm off work Thursday so might spend a bit of time practising.

Don't be at all. If it's any consolation I haven't done any laps in any car on this track..... I'm off work Thursday so might spend a bit of time practising.

I've done some laps at Silverstone, but for one reason or another it's one of those tracks which are hard for me to really memorize. ...weird :O_o:
But like you, I'm off work on Thursday so I'll get some practice in before the race as well.

Same for me Shaun. I love a good battle especially on ACC where the radar makes life so much easier. @Sascha Reynders if you haven't got the radar on already I highly recommend finding it in the settings menu.

If you do get time it would be good to have a practice, that way you know the track well enough to just concentrate on the racing around you.

Last edited:
Have you done much online racing in ACC Sascha ? Or just single player ?

In ACC, I've done some online races on public servers (and survived them all so far ;) ) and 1 race on Simracing.gp. Would have been 2 if I hadn't been disconnected at the start of my 2nd race.... (I suspect this was due to an IP address sharing issue on behalf of my IPS, which I've since then corrected). But most of my ACC racing so far has been single player, yes. I used to do a bit of online racing in R3E, and now I'm getting back into it after taking a break from sim racing for about a year.
I do tend to approach sim racing (be it against AI or real people) like I would be racing in the real world though, within the limits of my capabilities of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%