ACC GT3 Sprint Series | Season 2

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
A race to quickly forget for me...missed my braking point twice and sadly hit another driver on each occasion, and some others probably got caught up in the aftermath. By far the poorest driving I've done so far ☹ it just wasn't my night, at all... Sincerest apologies to all involved.

Congrats @sebastalona on the win !

Sorry to Marco for the contact through Paddock. I'd been sizing the move up for a few laps and thought the Aston could do it on the brakes but with the grunt of that Bentley on the straight I ended up a touch too far back and tried it even though the move was never really on - lesson learnt. Bad judgment my side fuelled by a bit of frustration after we both got caught out a few times by terrible blue flag etiquette from a few others. I like to think I'm one of the cleaner drivers out there so always feel crap after contact, sorry again.

Up until then it was an amazing race with the Aston kicking ass on the brakes and in some of the more technical corners and the Bentley doing the business through the high speed stuff and thundering down the straights.

I'd be interested to find out how others got on and what you thought about the standard of racing tonight. After Silverstone next week I need to decide if we keep the events open to all or lock down to prem again.

Last edited:
Chris, I think some folk might be confused between the blue flag rule.

If people watch F1, they might think they need to jump out of the way when a faster car is approaching, as opposed to GT rules where the slower car sticks to the racing line and the faster car has to initiate a safe pass.

Perhaps a few lines of the headline rules at the top of the thread, or even in the in game chat box at the start? I know the link for the rules are there, whether it is clicked and read is another matter.

I’m giving folk the benefit of the doubt here as it was all over the shop tonight.

It was a great battle Chris, looking at the qualifcation times and at your racing profile, I already knew that the race wasn't going to be easy.
I closed every single inch of the track and it worked well. Maybe the paddock was not the best place to try an overtakes, but I didnt exit the Clark with enough speed and you did well to try.
I smashed my bentley ass in the barriers, 1 min of damage and complete the remaining two laps have been a nightmare, but I wanted to finish the race.
You are one of the cleaner driver that i ran agains, all the others would have thrown me out after 2 laps.

Overtake the slowest guys have been a real nightmare, I think i pushed one of the out of track (not my intention), but i expected them to facilitate the overtake when they saw the 1st and 2nd car approaching.
Maybe a reminder before the race start could be a great idea.

I've grown up watching Jason Plato in the BTCC - it was going to happen eventually :roflmao:

Brilliant defensive driving though and you ate up any pressure I managed to put on.

Last edited:
In short: another bad, disappointing drive by me... Hit the armco hard after a moment of snap oversteer in one of the fast sweeping right handers and basically destroyed the car. Decided to pit anyway and finish the race, lost 3 laps and got out on track again. Quickly picked up 2 places again and then...
...after we both got caught out a few times by terrible blue flag etiquette from a few others...

Do you consider me to be one of those few others Chris ? 'Cos a few laps after the above, Marco and you caught up with me and I decided to yield because of the blue flag, still got side-swiped by Marco though. What am I supposed to do, disappear into thin air ? I watched the replay, and I admit I could have left even more space, but there were at least 2 car widths to my right, I slowed down just enough and even put on my indicators (I think) to signal it was safe to pass. What more could I have done ? I always assumed it was the responsability of the overtaking car to make a safe pass.
I'm 110% convinced it was unintentional, so I blame nobody, but the result was that my car was F'ed again and there was nothing left to do but limp it home...

Anyways, my driving has been sub-par these last 2 races, and it all boils down to extreme fatigue. Work's been crazy and I've still got 1 1/2 weeks to go until I can finally go on summer holiday, so I'll be bowing out of the last round of Season 2 and probably won't be around for Season 3. Hope to see you all soon on track again.

Last edited:
Overtake the slowest guys have been a real nightmare, I think i pushed one of the out of track (not my intention), but i expected them to facilitate the overtake when they saw the 1st and 2nd car approaching.
Maybe a reminder before the race start could be a great idea.

Just in case you're talking about a red Aston Martin, see my post above. If not, just ignore me

I didn’t want to come across as elitist there by the way, I don’t think any blue flagged drivers did anything intentionally. Just perhaps not sure of how best to deal with faster cars approaching.

With all due respect, it's mostly up to the faster cars to deal with the slower ones. Hey: I saw you coming, I let you through, you didn't hit me ;)

Last edited:
With all due respect, it's mostly up to the faster cars to deal with the slower ones. Hey: I saw you coming, I let you through, you didn't hit me ;)

It absolutely is the approaching cars responsibility to make a safe pass, 100%………..but the blue flagged car needs to predictable in where they put their car i.e don’t jump out of the way. That’s why I mentioned above some may be confused between F1 blue flag rules and GT.

you consider me to be one of those few others Chris ?
Nah not you Sascha. I was surprised to see contact between you two to be honest. Not sure what happened there. As Andrew mentioned it was some of the erratic behaviour that caught me out. Braking sharply mid corner, taking strange lines etc. It doesn't help that Brands is a damn difficult track to overtake I suppose.

Normally I'd just shrug it off but I was pushing so damn hard to keep up with Marco then got put 1.6 back in one corner because of somebody going 10mph out of Graham hill. It was so bad I wondered if Marco slipped the guy £10 haha.

It's a fun club race, all sorts happens - I just need to remember that sometimes in the heat of battle.

Last edited:
Nah not you Sascha. I was surprised to see contact between you two to be honest. Not sure what happened there. As Andrew mentioned it was some of the erratic behaviour that caught me out. Braking sharply mid corner, taking strange lines etc. It doesn't help that Brands is a damn difficult track to overtake I suppose.

Normally I'd just shrug it off but I was pushing so damn hard to keep up with Marco then got put 1.6 back in one corner because of somebody going 10mph out of Graham hill. It was so bad I wondered if Marco slipped the guy £10 haha.

It's a fun club race, all sorts happens - I just need to remember that sometimes in the heat of battle.

Ah, no worries: I'll just chalk it up as a "racing incident" ;) But I do need to get to a "better place" before racing all of you guys again though, see y'all somewhere in September-October !

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back