Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-Autodromo-Nazionale-Monza-1.jpg

The next GT3 race moves over to Monza. High speed, big straights....time to get your draft on!

How To Join
If you are a premium member and are part of the RaceDepartment community on Simracing.GP then just click HERE and sign up.

Not sure about Simracing.GP, RaceDepartment Premium and how it all works? Ping myself or Ricoow a message and we'll be happy to help.

Event Details
Cars: GT3
Track: Monza 2020
Practice 45 minutes | Qualification 15 minutes | Race 30 minutes

Useful links
RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
RaceDepartment Club Regulations
RaceDepartment Discord

See you on track!

Last edited:
So, wings set to 0 and be a hero or are we playing safe and going for a more "planted" setup?

I'm gonna leave the heroics to the fast guys and add a little wing myself
I'm getting more acqainted with the 720S by the way, so I'll be having a go in that one. Not so fond of its looks, but man: that thing sticks to the road like a bug to a windshield.

Hope you can make it @Grumps82 !

Last edited:
I found I needed a middle wing setup on the Bentley. Not enough wing and it wasn't stable enough but fast down the straights. Too much and it was killer in the corners but slow as hell on the straights.

Last edited:
I'll probably decide last minute which car I'll be driving: the 720S handles really well but is painfully slow at Monza...even with the rear wing at 1 I couldn't get it into the 1.50's. Took the Lambo out on the stock aggressive setup and did a 1.50.600 on my first flying lap. But it's a really tricky car to drive: it all goes well for a couple of laps and then, just as you're getting confident, it bites you in the ass out of nowhere :cautious:
If I find some time tomorrow afternoon, I'll be giving the AMG Evo another try, it's the only one I managed to push into the 1.49's so far. Yeah I know, I'm slow... :D

Yep, 7:30 pm BST, or 20:30 for us Continentals ;)

I had some time to try a few more cars and it was a toss up between the AMG Evo and the Audi Evo. Decided to go for the latter as it took me less laps to arrive at the same lap times. Best was a 1:50:001, close but no cigar :rolleyes:

See y'all on track in a few hours !

Last edited:
It was a blast last time at Spa, so I'll definitely try to make it today.
It will be a last minute signup though as weekdays are a bit hectic with 2 small children :rolleyes:
Ah, nice to see someone else trying to fit racing in around little people :roflmao:

Luckily my eldest has a sleep over at Granny's house on a Tuesday and the 7month old is good as gold so usually asleep by 18:30!

Another great race everybody ! I'm so glad I went with the Audi: I was astonished by my quali time, that's the fastest I ever went around Monza :) Racing with you guys is working miracles for my pace and consistency !
Think I'm gonna stick with the Audi for a while now, see you all in Monterey !

Yep. Great race Sascha. You were excellent in that Audi. It was so quick on the straights, the Lexus just didn't have the raw power. Great consistency as well, you really kept the pressure on. I made a couple of mistakes around lap 7 or 8 as my front left was overheating from attacking Ascari too hard and thought you were have me. Got to get practicing for Laguna Seca, only just bought the dlc yesterday.

Last edited:
Another great race everybody ! I'm so glad I went with the Audi: I was astonished by my quali time, that's the fastest I ever went around Monza :) Racing with you guys is working miracles for my pace and consistency !
Think I'm gonna stick with the Audi for a while now, see you all in Monterey !
I saw your quali time and said to myself "Go Sascha!" That Audi seems to be suiting you and if you stick with it you'll only learn more about it and go faster and faster.

Quali was super tight today. Just managed pole by less than a tenth but got beaten off the line in to T1 by Alberto. We were on for a good fight but he got a touch of oversteer coming on to the back straight and clipped the barrier which I think caused him some damage. I Punched in the best laps I could to build a lead and stayed there luckily.

Thanks Pete for letting my passed towards the end when I caught you in a tricky spot.

By the way, a massive well done to everyone for getting through Turn 1. Lets keep up this great quality of racing :thumbsup:

Yep. Great race Sascha. You were excellent in that Audi. It was so quick on the straights, the Lexus just didn't have the raw power. Great consistency as well, you really kept the pressure on. I made a couple of mistakes around lap 7 or 8 as my front left was overheating from attacking Ascari too hard and thought you were have me. Got to get practicing for Laguna Seca, only just bought the dlc yesterday.

Thanks man ! Some fancy racing on your side as well: I saw you coming in hot for that T1 overtake so I left you room, hoping you'd overshoot and I could get you on the switch-back. But it was a no-go: perfectly executed overtake and defense on corner exit :thumbsup:
I tried to stay on your tail but then I 4-wheel drifted it a couple of times through Lesmo 1 and 2 towards the end of the race and that was that...

I need to get some practice in for Laguna Seca as well, always loved that track but it's a tricky one to be fast at. See you there !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%