Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
sec.png

The sun is going down behind the hill as you rattle your way through the corkscrew...can you nail that rollercoaster every lap for 30 minutes? Lets find out!

How to join the event
1. You will need to be a premium member on RaceDepartment.com
2. You need to be added to the RD community on Simracing.GP (send myself or Ricoow a private message with your email address)
3. Click Here to sign up for the event

We usually have a few events up. Head over to our simracing.GP page to see all of our events Here

Need Help?
Not sure about Simracing.GP, RaceDepartment Premium and how it all works?
Ping myself or Ricoow a message and we'll be happy to help get you signed up.

Event Details
Start time: 19:30BST (18:30UTC)
In game race start time: 20:00
Weather forecast: Dry

Format: Practice 45 minutes | Qualification 15 minutes | Race 30 minutes

Useful links
RaceDepartment Club Regulations
RaceDepartment Discord

See you on track!

Last edited:
Just a heads up that the usual password has now changed. Please check the event page over at simracing.gp for the new one.

1.png

This is going to be a race you don't want to miss! I had a test session earlier to see what the time of day looked like and to see if my choice of car was going to kill me...it looks stunning! (and the car will kill me if I start to take the p**s)

Great pic. Had a little practice last night too. Went back to the 911 but just couldn't get it to stick. Not driven Laguna Seca since Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2 back in the day. Went back to my safe space in the Lexus. Such a tricky track to get a good flow as the margins are so narrow, bloody sand!

Last edited:
Great pic. Had a little practice last night too. Went back to the 911 but just couldn't get it to stick. Not driven Laguna Seca since Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2 back in the day. Went back to my safe space in the Lexus. Such a tricky track to get a good flow as the margins are so narrow, bloody sand!
I'm going to be in the 911. I can ping you a link to my setup of you want to try it out?

I'm going to be in the 911

That's brave :)

I put some practice in this evening, and so far I found out 3 things:

1 - The track does indeed look gorgeous at sunset
2 - The Audi is a B!#ch (with a capital B) to drive at this track
3 - I'm generally useless at Laguna Seca

Seems like I got my work cut out for me...I really like the track but I just can't seem to get into the right flow...yet. Hopefully I can put some more time in tomorrow and on Tuesday before the race.

Just to have a reference point: what's your average lap time at Laguna @SwannyUK ? I know you're at least 1-2 seconds faster than me on any given track.

I managed to squeeze out a personal best of 1.24.321 this morning but that seems to have been a lucky, one-off perfect lap in view of my current skill level, I was unable to replicate that in the rest of the laps I put in... I'm mostly in the low to mid 1.25's at the moment.

Just to have a reference point: what's your average lap time at Laguna @SwannyUK ? I know you're at least 1-2 seconds faster than me on any given track.

I managed to squeeze out a personal best of 1.24.321 this morning but that seems to have been a lucky, one-off perfect lap in view of my current skill level, I was unable to replicate that in the rest of the laps I put in... I'm mostly in the low to mid 1.25's at the moment.

I think I was just touching 23.9 with race fuel. I found the Porsche to be an absolute weapon over a lap but keeping it pointing the right way over 30mins is going to be a workout!

Cheers Chris, guess I'm trying a bit too hard at the moment then. Think I should aim at consistenty putting in low 1.25's first and learn more about the Audi, and who knows, more 1.24's might just follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 275 27.4%