ACC GT3 Sprint @ Laguna Seca - Tuesday 1st June 2021

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news ! Getting your jab I mean, not the one-armed driving bit ;)
Still no news as to when I'll be getting mine...

Made some more progress tonight: did a 28 lap practice session and 13 laps were in the 1.24's. Looks like I'm finally finding my groove :)

Apologies again @shadow_boxer85 for punting you off in T1, basically ruining both our races :( I completely misjudged my braking point, pure driver error and the blame is fully on me. That was not up to RD standards...

That's a shame Sascha but it happens to all of us don't worry.

I'm not sure if it was a bug or something but I've not seen the track temp match the ambient temp like that before. When I had a practice at that time of day offline the ambient was around 22 but track was in the 30s. I've not raced on a track with such low temps.

Apologies again @shadow_boxer85 for punting you off in T1, basically ruining both our races :( I completely misjudged my braking point, pure driver error and the blame is fully on me. That was not up to RD standards...
No worries. I didnt even seen you coming on the radar as just wasn't expecting it. Rear of the car didn't feel right after. Didn't feel it had enough downforce, backend felt too slippery then just got sloppy and ended up making loads of mistakes.

On a positive note I hit a PB in qualifying so was pretty chuffed with that and getting Q2!

When I had a practice at that time of day offline the ambient was around 22 but track was in the 30s. I've not raced on a track with such low temps.

I didn't really pay attention to the track temp, but I did have to back off a lot towards the end because the grip just wasn't there anymore. Had a few hairy moments where I barely managed to keep the car pointing in the right direction.

I did a number of offline practice sessions and a race against the AI in preparation for tonight and those did feel more grippy.
On the other hand, I dipped into the 1.23's a couple of times, something I thought impossible before tonight, and my fastest lap in the race was only 0.006 off my quali time. So yeah, hard to say if there was something fishy going on or not...

No worries. I didnt even seen you coming on the radar as just wasn't expecting it. Rear of the car didn't feel right after. Didn't feel it had enough downforce, backend felt too slippery then just got sloppy and ended up making loads of mistakes.

Thanks for understanding. It was quite a big hit so it might have caused some damage, didn't suffer any myself though, I think.
But I was so bothered with the incident for the remainder of the race that my driving got quite sloppy at times as well.

On a positive note I hit a PB in qualifying so was pretty chuffed with that and getting Q2!

Same here ! I was over the moon -and utterly surprised- with Q3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%