AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 30th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Bit of a disappointing race, but that was to be expected with almost no preparation. A surprising P8 in quali actually made me think my setup was alright, but softs were so dead and a small pressure tweak before the race to address overheating rears brought little gain with more understeer.

So many incidents as well, lost four places due to the T1 incident (sorry for giving you the coup de grace @GEO147 , I tried to brake but I was already too close), then spun again on my own on Paul Frere's inside kerb, then collected Cornelius at Blanchimont and spun twice more due to toasted tyres. Almost wanted to let Michael lap me to do one fewer lap :ninja:

Meh, feels like a return to worse times. Should have more time to practice for the next one so hopefully that will go better. Congrats podium guys and especially @Norkin, hopefully the VR will not make you even faster :p

Enjoyed this one! Could not practice alot but was able to pull a low 2:19, had a 2:18 probably but messed it up in the last corner. Had a good first stint and not to much misstakes wich i’m really happy about. Stint 2 i had some nice battle’s with @Luca Badin , we had contact in blanchimont and spinned both. But he, that’s racing sometimes, after that I had a few good battle’s again with Luca, thanks for that mate!

so far so good, till I entered blanchimont on the very last lap. Engine stopped, no fuel....great. So need to learn from that misstake and hopefully i can actually finish the race next time ;)

Thanks Chris for organizing!

@FischBoB Sorry about the accident, gave as much room as I could get away with, other than a mistake on your part I was never going to get by, by normal means.
Looked at the replay, tried to blame you and could not, tried to blame me that again was difficult, so a racing incident it is, but I still apologise in that it effected your race.
Hitting the Nissan GT-R is probably like hitting a brick ***** house.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Many mind game battles with Thomas, Thys, Stefano, Jens, Rares, Luca but at least he threw himself off the circuit so that was good for me. :)
Everyone was so good at this racing thing, had to rely on errors to get any chance of an overtake, rather thought the Eau Rouge would give me a good overtake, but still not able to take it flat out, so could never make that ground up before Les Combes.
Will not get many Sunday races like this one, it was all luck all the way from start to finish.:)

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Sounds like a lot of you had some great battles and racing throughout the pack. I'm feeling better today, and would love to race with you all next week at the Glen :inlove:

@FischBoB Sorry about the accident, gave as much room as I could get away with, other than a mistake on your part I was never going to get by, by normal means.
Looked at the replay, tried to blame you and could not, tried to blame me that again was difficult, so a racing incident it is, but I still apologise in that it effected your race.
Hitting the Nissan GT-R is probably like hitting a brick ***** house.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Many mind game battles with Thomas, Thys, Stefano, Jens, Rares, Luca but at least he threw himself off the circuit so that was good for me. :)

Don't worry Ernie. Would agree with a racing incident. I had to give all i had to keep you with soft tires behind me with my old mediums. Probably went a bit to fast into the corner and understeert in front of you. But had to try because woulden't be able to catch back up if you pass me :D

And sorry @Florian Neuberger for that hit in the last lap. Dont know what i was thinking there.

Also sorry to the guy in the Mclaren (don't know who it was) i hit about 20 min into the race at the chicane. Didn't even tried to overtake, just kompletly missed the braking point.

Same for @PorDallas Punted me off, I asked him to slow down five times and he just kept going... Golden rule means nothing when you're scrapping in the back. It's only for the frontrunners

Also am sorry for whoever I hit during the last lap coming out of Pouhon. You looked to be well clear of me until I was too close to save it :(
I ask for an apology ... I did not understand what happened ... I had no intention of causing an accident ... unfortunate I have the team speak closed .. and I did not hear any warning !!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back