GT3 simtek mod - Overheating.

Hi. I'm trying out the simtek GT3 mod and I am having a problem trying to keep the engine of the cars cool.

I couldn't see a radiator size in the set up menu and I am short shifting but to no avail. Any help much appreciated.

Go into your garage menu and click on the "general" tab and near the bottom you will see your "engine cooling" settings. Full cooling would be your best choice but can be lowered for very short races and qualify!

Hi. I just checked the set up screen, it says: "Engine mixture = 0" And I can't change it.
I did wonder if the Mclaren had a mixture setting, I tested the BMW earlier and that had a bunch of different mixtures, I downloaded the Mclaren to have a look and ran a quick 5 laps at Matsusuka without issue, average temps high 80's to low 90's, are you running high track temp?

I did wonder if the Mclaren had a mixture setting, I tested the BMW earlier and that had a bunch of different mixtures, I downloaded the Mclaren to have a look and ran a quick 5 laps at Matsusuka without issue, average temps high 80's to low 90's, are you running high track temp?
Not particularly. My average temp is around 110-115! I have tried decreasing the rev limiter but same issue.

You might want to delete your "player folder" then after you startup rF it will make a new one. (Make a backup) You will then need to make a new profile.
I read that sometimes these files can get corrupted after new builds and cause issues and even affect the ai. Might be worth to try this since both Keith and i don't experience your problem!

Note:
If your at a dead end and tried everything then i would uninstall SDK World Series GT3 and reinstall. Backup any car setups, car mods, (except SDK mod as it might be corrupted) tracks and your player folder.

Last edited:
You might want to delete your "player folder" then after you startup rF it will make a new one. (Make a backup) You will then need to make a new profile.
I read that sometimes these files can get corrupted after new builds and cause issues and even affect the ai. Might be worth to try this since both Keith and i don't experience your problem!

Note:
If your at a dead end and tried everything then i would uninstall SDK World Series GT3 and reinstall. Backup any car setups, car mods, (except SDK mod as it might be corrupted) tracks and your player folder.
Ok will keep tinkering for a bit and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the advice though guys.

Interesting, I started racing with Simtek's GT3 several weeks ago and never had any engine problems as well.

Could you record a video for us, since the moment rFactor 2 opens up, then you configuring the race, etc, and then doing 2 laps?

The only thing I noticed is that their tyres don't heat up properly, but the mod creator already said he was waiting for S397's 650S to come out so he could work on this tyres, so right now his tyre model isn't finished.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 66 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 134 13.8%