AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 31st May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race everyone! Since my main threat was from @Peppinho, I had both the medium and soft strategy ready and decided I will do the opposite of whatever he does -- so since he went for the mediums, I went for the softs. I knew they'd probably be garbage by the end of the stint so I mostly tried to do hotlaps at the race start to try and get a gap, which worked pretty well :)

Towards the end of the stint the tyres were just absolutely trashed, you can see me desperately jockeying the car in the replay, I'm sure ;)

Sad that @Peppinho was a DNF and @Aksu and @erazerr7 weren't here this week, since it was pretty lonely up front towards the end. Still pretty exciting with the "drift" softs though :whistling:

Tomorrow I'll post next week's event. We'd love to see you all back! :inlove:

If anyone was put off by an orange 650S struggling to stay on the black stuff in the first few laps - my apologies

I was too terrified of taking people out (which I didn't thankfully) in my first proper race, I couldn't pick out any reference markers

Anyway, after the first few laps it was just a practise session for me - everyone in front was too fast and presumably every one behind crashed LOL

Thanks Chris and everone for what was presumably a great race for those with any pace

Also witnessed Han doing some great drifting through maggots/beckets :D
Yeah, must have been lap 23,24 and 25 in which magically and sudden I had less grip on the rear. Copse was very scary in those laps. This phenomenom happens sometimes (only to me?) but it's totally unpredictable. It wasn't there in the first stint.

In some other race @Kek700 (or was it @GEO147 or @Medilloni?) dropt some oil right in front of me but this time he was much more in front so that wasn't the case tonight :D .

Anyway. Ididn't have high expectations for this race because for me the softs were a nogo for the race and with the mediums I couldn't follow the 650s in must of the turns.
And for me with a single screen The Loop is a blind turn in which I must guess the apex. Lost a lot of time there because the exit is very important for the long straight afterwards.

But getting from the 21st to the 10th is not bad and I have had quite a few battles, unfortunately mainly defensive.

Thanks all for racing and @Chris Down for organising. Hope to see you all next week.

Last edited:
Great race, no spins, no crashes, top ten. I really needed that. Picked up Competizione as it was 50% off, maybe it psyched me into taking it much more easy and just try to be consistent.
I was thinking of picking up Competizione with the 50% off as GT3 is my favourite type of racing but not sure if I can handle learning another game unless the physics are very similar

great practise for karting tomorrow, although my qualy wasn't that great
great race overall, nice defending in the first stint from @Raresch I believe (Pink Audi?, didnt have realtime on). However you undercut me completely leaving me all alone on the track, no one in front no one behind (which was very nice btw, how did you do that tho?) Glad I finished 7th tho, really happy with my consistensy of not spinning and fcking everything up

Thanks @Chris Down for organising, great race
BTW, does someone have a replay I could download?
It's more like a red audi? It there somewhere. I say it's red(ish) :p

Regarding the stint, I've taken the fuel load for the whole race and used medium. So I've just went on and when someone definitely faster aproached, it Limbu in a black McLaren, I've pitted for 1litre of fuel. You are not obliged to changed tyres, not in the club events, at least. That's why I've been so far ahead.

I barely hold up Limbu in the last lap and took 5th. One more lap and I would have been lower.

I was thinking of picking up Competizione with the 50% off as GT3 is my favourite type of racing but not sure if I can handle learning another game unless the physics are very similar
Well, I played both this afternoon and I didn't have much trouble jumping back into AC. Competizione feels much more intuitive and immersive, IMO. I could finally ride the kerbs with the R8 and not spin out :roflmao:

I got it on a HB sale a few weeks ago. It's pretty similar if you just tune your brake pedal and steering ratio to the same. They were both way off my AC setup.

Where were you @Medilloni , struggling to hold these guy’s, managed to hang on to Andreas @640er for most of the first stint, but to many laps after he pitted on the dying softs did me no favours. could only hang on, no chance of achieving any thing else. We basically yoyoed back and forth for first 15 or so laps.
We need you up front, they are all getting too fast for me. :(

Great event @Chris Down, thanks from us all for the organisation,. :thumbsup: :)

So I've just went on and when someone definitely faster aproached, it Limbu in a black McLaren, I've pitted for 1litre of fuel. You are not obliged to changed tyres, not in the club events, at least. That's why I've been so far ahead.

I barely hold up Limbu in the last lap and took 5th. One more lap and I would have been lower.
Ah yeah, I like how I saw Sheashant was catching me and went, "well I definitely don't want to waste time holding him up"... except I ended up on the better line out of the hairpin and he ended up not making the pass, 2 seconds wasted for both of us. Made sure to lift and yield on the rundown to Stowe...

how do you take Luffield? :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused: I can't understand that corner ... :notworthy:

Note to myself: Aero 5 on the back is too much for R8 :)
At https://www.facebook.com/HeusinkveldNL Enzo explains the different lines you can take Druids at Brands Hatch. In that short video he asks for more corners where you can use different lines. I've put Luffield as a candidate. Maybe if more of your do the same, he might do that. It's the video of the 16th of May.

And btw I drove with aero 6. Didn't think of trying less :notworthy: with the mediums. With the softs it didn't work for me.

Last edited:
Great race, no spins, no crashes, top ten. I really needed that. Picked up Competizione as it was 50% off, maybe it psyched me into taking it much more easy and just try to be consistent.

Sorry about the bang Luca. I braked too late. Should have guessed it would be a slow corner with george recovering from a drift. I made the same mistake at VIR.

I had great fun overall. Within sniffing distance of a top ten in the end. A bad quali, getting taken out and a random spin, as per han fazzi description, put an end to the dream! Felt like the wheels turned to plastic for a few second combined with a big magnet in the nearby field :whistling:

Some great racing, I'd a few brown trouser moments over taking up the inside in to stowe. The second one went on for the next 3 or 4 corners!

See you all next week :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Steam price for ACC is 34.99 or am I missing something?
Yeah, I'm afraid the sale must have just ended along with the free weekend.

Sorry about the bang Luca. I braked too late. Should have guessed it would be a slow corner with george recovering from a drift. I made the same mistake at VIR.
No worries at all Brian, as you said it was a tricky moment due to George rejoining, plus we hardly lost any time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%