AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 18th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great pics chris. Had to double take on the first one. Thought it was AC!

Thanks again to all who entered last night. Next week we're running a special memorial event for Shaun Clarke, the creator of the ginetta gt4 mods amongst others. Hope you can all make it.

This is the next race? I don't have the car, so I'm guessing I'll need to d/l it?

Crap race for me. I tried the 650 again and failed again..... just cant keep the front in front with that car!

Sorry for spin on the first lap.

Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for hosting and congrats to the winners.

See you next week.

Crap race for me. I tried the 650 again and failed again..... just cant keep the front in front with that car!

See you next week.
Hi Partick,
I'm a bit fed up with the 488 at the moment. What if we both try the same new car and help each other improve the setup?

Hi Partick,
I'm a bit fed up with the 488 at the moment. What if we both try the same new car and help each other improve the setup?
Hey Han I like the idea! I was thinking just the other day that creating teams for these races would be fun. Making it happen is a whole different game. Ideally we could practice together and share setup and driving lines and maybe even coach each other.

What have we got to loose? Our time zone differences may be tough to overcome as I believe we are 8 hours apart.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey Han I like the idea! I was thinking just the other day that creating teams for these races would be fun. Making it happen is a whole different game. Ideally we could practice together and share setup and driving lines and maybe even coach each other.

What have we got to loose? Our time zone differences may be tough to overcome as I believe we are 8 hours apart.

Let me know your thoughts.
Great Partick,

Let's start with the same setup (like the default) and tell each other what you experience, like too much understeer in T1, too much oversteer in T5 and what you tried to change that. What did help and what not. If we have exchanged these a couple of times, we will have a decent base setup and then we can find a timeframe to test together for further tweaks.

Do you prefer a car for this? So far I have tried the 911, R8 and 488. All cars that have some sudden nasty behaviour with my fastest setup.

Last edited:
Great Partick,

Let's start with the same setup (like the default) and tell each other what you experience, like too much understeer in T1, too much oversteer in T5 and what you tried to change that. What did help and what not. If we have exchanged these a couple of times, we will have a decent base setup and then we can find a timeframe to test together for further tweaks.

Do you prefer a car for this? So far I have tried the 911, R8 and 488. All cars that have some sudden nasty behaviour with my fastest setup.
Han are you planning on racing the Ginetta on Sunday? Maybe we can try this combo as a test.

Great Partick,

R8, really? I find it one of the most forgiving mid-engine cars in AC. Its main issue is rear tires heat build up (when being driven fast) which often prevents you from running on softs, but for 1-hour races that's usually not a big issue because you can do both stints on one set of tires saving some time at the pit stop

I have my McLaren 650S setup for brands Hatch GP, I could give you for a starters, if that is the car you both are going with.
It, in the hands of an old knob, ie me, :O_o: has a reliably lapped for 60 minutes and a best if 1min 23.8.:)
I also have the setup there for the R8 if that is where you are at of 1-24-0.2 as Dmitry has kindly advised, but it does like to heat its softs. I could only manage 3 or 4 laps with it.
As a residence of planet earth, at least you know it has been driven by something resembling an humanoid, just.:O_o::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I should have some r8, 488, 911 setups laying around. All are stable, since I'm a deep trailbraker (I insta spin with Dmitry's setups :p) and also a throttle floorer with lots of tc :D

I'll upload them tomorrow!

I have a GT-R setup for Laguna Seca which is super stable and that you can do trailbraking with
Good for 1:22 quali time and easily lasts 30 minutes and a bit more in the race

Attachments

• gtr-ls-race.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I've put them all in my dropbox. Just try whatever you like! :)
Beware though, not all setups are really adjusted and are just some copy-over from another track...

Races I really drove with the cars:

Ferrari 488:
- Nurb
- Red Bull Ring
- Silverstone
- Zandvoort
- Monza

Audi R8:
- Nordschleife
- Spa (2020)
- Monza (2020)
- Brands Hatch (2020)

McLaren:
- Brands Hatch (2020)

Porsche 911:
- Brands Hatch

Nissan GT-R:
- Donington
- Brands Hatch
- Okayama
- Road Atlanta

See you next week.

You were going at a nice speed. I wasn't really catching you apart from when you had moments. Were you on softs?

I would suggest to anyone who has built their own setup for any of the cars above, if they have a chance to drop in the settings in small chunks or one by one so you get a feel for why each one is different than your own and what works and doesn't work for you. Start with ARB ride height and springs for example.

I would suggest to anyone who has built their own setup for any of the cars above, if they have a chance to drop in the settings in small chunks or one by one so you get a feel for why each one is different than your own and what works and doesn't work for you. Start with ARB ride height and springs for example.
Yep, good advice!
However I would do both to also feel the difference between a complete setup package and another one.
I often found that adjusting just one or two things made a difference but felt quite weird.

For example if I'm using a soft front ARB with stiff front springs, you need to adjust both at the same time or the balance will be screwed.
But you said ARB + springs + ride height as an example so you probably took that into consideration already :D

Last edited:
You were going at a nice speed. I wasn't really catching you apart from when you had moments. Were you on softs?
Yes, I was on softs. I am able to get good pace, but just need more experience in traffic with this car. I find if you get off line and need to brake or accelerate when the car is slightly out of balance, there is no recovery. Other cars are more forgiving in these situations. I think it due to the rear engine weight.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%