AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 18th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes, I was on softs. I am able to get good pace, but just need more experience in traffic with this car. I find if you get off line and need to brake or accelerate when the car is slightly out of balance, there is no recovery. Other cars are more forgiving in these situations. I think it due to the rear engine weight.

I've only tried it once but it seems very similar to the 488 in that the softs are very tricky to manage. Mediums are the way to go at first i think. Then try the softs on easier tracks than silverstone. Monza is a good one to start with!

I find the McLaren becomes a lot easier to control when you put the brake bias far to the front.
You'll lose pace and you need to check if the wear is still balanced but this way you can brake when being in traffic without fearing the rear to overtake you.

It's not a car where you can adjust your line a lot on the fly though.. I really like to hotlap it but once it slides, it's really difficult to not spin.
Only car that's that difficult is the lambo.
But with the lambo, you don't need to hunt for maximum cornering speeds to keep position...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%